Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Car Rentals in the Caribbean

Credits

Car Rentals in the Caribbean

I find that in St. Lucia it's a little pricey. or is it just me? e.g. i could rent a car here in the states for $35/day. there i'm seeing that the lowest is $50USD/day. today i'm checking and the lowest is $65USD/day

what's the avg price to rent a car for a day on the caribbean islands that you're from or have traveled to?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by agroDOLCE View Post
    I find that in St. Lucia it's a little pricey. or is it just me? e.g. i could rent a car here in the states for $35/day. there i'm seeing that the lowest is $50USD/day. today i'm checking and the lowest is $65USD/day

what's the avg price to rent a car for a day on the caribbean islands that you're from or have traveled to?

You can rent locally . It cheaper

Yeah I find rentals in the islands from the big name rental companies real expensive

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post

Yeah I find rentals in the islands from the big name rental companies real expensive
    but i want to rent something from the airport (once i land) and then go my merry way. do the local companies have rentals from the airport? can you suggest any companies aside from the major ones?

Credits
    In Trinidad the average I saw was $35 a day.

Sucks that they all want you to be 25+ to rent one. STUPES.
    Im intoxicated and my speevg gettgdgget.... sorry. And my speech getting complicated

Credits

Lemme get back to u on dat.... I hear ya in being ion merry way

Have u driven in slu before ?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrupt file View Post
    In Trinidad the average I saw was $35 a day.

Sucks that they all want you to be 25+ to rent one. STUPES.
    poor thing, young grasshopper. how long before you turn 25?

Lemme get back to u on dat.... I hear ya in being ion merry way

Have u driven in slu before ?
    k.

not really. the most i've driven was for a short distance in a residential area. was too nervous to get on the main road though my uncle was insisting that i did.

my father would drive the car from vieux fort to gros islet this time. i think i'd be ok w/ that drive. talk about the other side of the island...going from castries to soufriere...def no thanks. for now anyway. have you driven down there? were you born there? if so, how long ago did you leave?

Credits
    It can be pricey because of tourism. Maybe ask your family about people/companies that they know.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Vega View Post
    It can be pricey because of tourism. Maybe ask your family about people/companies that they know.
    this is what i've been doing as well. i hear someone's bro in law has a business. we shall see. bleh. i know down there they give a local and visitor price for certain things (e.g. excursions). i tell them that i have citizenship too but they want to see ID card. hopefully i'll get it this time

Credits

It depends on how long you renting it for. For one day during the tourist season I'm guesssing around 45 US per day is the average here, with mayb around 40 being the low for most of the decent places. The price can go down to 30 during off season, I rented one for around that price in november.

TC
    Credits
    In T&T I find it pricey for some of their bruk up old cars, some with thread borne tyres. I've asked the owner of a company if he wasn't shame to rent those bombs!

In St. Lucia we rented privately. We liked the guy and thought it would be nice for the $ to go directly to him.

Credits
    this is what i've been doing as well. i hear someone's bro in law has a business. we shall see. bleh. i know down there they give a local and visitor price for certain things (e.g. excursions). i tell them that i have citizenship too but they want to see ID card. hopefully i'll get it this time
    It's the same way in the VI - local vs. tourist rates.

Credits
    Average is $50us a day in T&T
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Sweetness4life Mrs. Yankee Doodle's Avatar Mrs. Yankee Doodle is offline
    Credits
    Agro I go tell you one thing eh...doh rent a car home...especially if you have never really driven home...how long are you staying? I know you may want to jump in and go when you ready but girl dem drivers home mad...i know experienced drivers from here that when they go home they say they not driving there at all...

and another thing, if u going home soon, remember this is their peak season so of course things go by high...when my friends go in summer, they does get vehicles for 35USD a day.
    Live life in concert with your values!
    Never be paralyzed!
    Don't wait for people to change! - Dr. Robert Brooks

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Yankee Doodle View Post
    Agro I go tell you one thing eh...doh rent a car home...especially if you have never really driven home...how long are you staying? I know you may want to jump in and go when you ready but girl dem drivers home mad...i know experienced drivers from here that when they go home they say they not driving there at all...

and another thing, if u going home soon, remember this is their peak season so of course things go by high...when my friends go in summer, they does get vehicles for 35USD a day.
    my father is actually the one that would be driving. chauffeur services! let me stop. anyway, i'm afraid to drive down there but at some point i want to get over the fear and just do it. if i were to drive i think i'd be ok in some areas but it's def not a thing where i'm like, "yo give me the car" and i zoomin off. i don't ever want to drive from castries to soufriere...all those hairpin bends and what not. no thanks.

i will prob have to just suck up the $65US i'm seeing if i don't get a deal
    Mrs. Yankee Doodle likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by iPicong View Post
    Average is $50us a day in T&T
    dais tourist price ....
    Living like Peggy, plotting like Joan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast