Thread: Car Enthusiasts

Credits

Car Enthusiasts

What does it take to import a car from Japan? I am considering an R33 or 34. I really don't like what they did with the 35 that is currently available in the states.

elq
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by benjie
    What does it take to import a car from Japan? I am considering an R33 or 34. I really don't like what they did with the 35 that is currently available in the states.
    unless you're in de armed forces or someting...
    you will not be able to do that if the vehicle is not retrograded or built for us standards

that's the main reason that there are so many cars in the asian and european market that will never be driven on us soil.

my boy had to sell his fiat and have his bmw "fitted" to meet us standards before he was allowed to import it to the texas base where he is stationed.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by elq
    unless you're in de armed forces or someting...
    you will not be able to do that if the vehicle is not retrograded or built for us standards

that's the main reason that there are so many cars in the asian and european market that will never be driven on us soil.

my boy had to sell his fiat and have his bmw "fitted" to meet us standards before he was allowed to import it to the texas base where he is stationed.
    I have seen a couple 33's and 34's in the states so I know it is possible. I know it's not going to be easy as well but let's call it exploratory investigation for now.

Credits

Credits

re:R35

The R35 shouldnt be out untill 07

Credits
    all u gotta do is take $30,000 n fly out to Cali everyting is almost legal over dere .....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiguanTaipan
    The R35 shouldnt be out untill 07
    The R35 isn't but the G35 is. Just rebadged.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by PJK
    The link didn't work. I'll try on my other machine later.

Thanks

Credits
    The R35 isn't but the G35 is. Just rebadged.
    I don't believe the next generation Gtr (R35) will be a rebadge infiniti. It was rumored at one time to be so.http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=105720 But this latest release of the GTR Proto clearly kills that rumor. http://www.jimwrightnissan.co.nz/main.cfm?id=83
    This next gen is rumored to go for around 80k and should have somewhere in the neighborhood of 500hp. All speculation at this time of course. Nissan never released any specs at the unveiling.

Credits
    I don't believe the next generation Gtr (R35) will be a rebadge infiniti. It was rumored at one time to be so.http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=105720 But this latest release of the GTR Proto clearly kills that rumor. http://www.jimwrightnissan.co.nz/main.cfm?id=83
    This next gen is rumored to go for around 80k and should have somewhere in the neighborhood of 500hp. All speculation at this time of course. Nissan never released any specs at the unveiling.
    No I meant the G35 is a rebadged skyline at least to my understanding.

Credits
    You didn't specify which version of the Skyline you were referencing. Nissan had always produced a few different versions of their nissan skyline. This link kinda illustrates what I'm talking about. Skyline versions 89-02 Since 03 they have only been producing this version Skyline Coupe 350GT Premium However most car freaks like freaks like myself when refering to the "Skyline" usually refer to the more expensive and exponentially faster GT-R. I'm sorry I misunderstood. I sometimes forget any other version other than the GT-R even exists. Therefore you are correct. However the GT-R will be back, as I stated, in 07
    Last edited by AntiguanTaipan; 01-11-2006 at 05:45 PM.

Credits
    You didn't specify which version of the Skyline you were referencing. Nissan had always produced a few different versions of their nissan skyline. This link kinda illustrates what I'm talking about. Skyline versions 89-02 Since 03 they have only been producing this version Skyline Coupe 350GT Premium However most car freaks like freaks like myself when refering to the "Skyline" usually refer to the more expensive and exponentially faster GT-R. I'm sorry I miss understood. I sometimes forget any other version other than the GT-R even exists. Therefore you are correct. However the GT-R will be back, as I stated, in 07
    Cool, now all I need is 80 grand.

Credits
    Cool, now all I need is 80 grand.
    Well you have 24 months to get your coin together. Start saving, betting or whatever u need to do. I know one thing. It should be worth every penny.