Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ladyrastafari

Thread: Can't we all just get along?

Black Madonna

Can't we all just get along?

How do you handle if your S/O and your friends and/or family just don't get along. Everyone makes an effort but it just isnt a good fit. Folks biting their tongue out of respect... on both ends. Suspicious eyeballing of each other. Comments being taken more personally than intended. You're hearing the complaints and slick comments from all directions...... what do you do when you're in the middle of it all?

Credits
    tell both sides that i understand and respect that they don't like the other side but don't come to me with any bs about the other side....and keep things civil.. have had that situation before. kept everybody in line and it was fine.
    rayt2009 likes this.
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Pretty much gotta do what LR said. But for me i'd rather have both sides have it out or kill the noise.
    "Giving up is hard to do
    When you really love someone
    Giving up .... so hard to do
    When you still depend upon
    Her warm and tender touch
    Her kiss and her hug..........her caress
    Oooooh that used to mean so much
    And bring you happiness"

- Donny Hathaway

Credits
    If I cannot handle it I make them air out the issue and done it.

Here is the thing though, and people need to understand this.

You should not go to your friends / family with details of relationship issues, or tell your family negative shit about your S/O. When the two of you get over it, move past it, or whatever ... your friends / family do not, and this creates unnecessary friction. They also tend to throw shit back in your face when it is convenient.

Another thing is that your friends and family can support you, but they need to understand their role in your life - and they need to respect who you choose to be with. If they believe someone is bad for you in anyway they have a right to voice that. There is however, a line that they need to understand they cannot cross.

If they believe you are seriously at risk in some way they have a right to try and help you - but if you are not accepting help they should back off and let you go through what you need to.
    ─╤╦︻ Ordem e Progresso ︻╦╤─

"Now doesn't it make you feel better?
    The pigs have won tonight.
    Now they can all sleep soundly,
    and everything is all right."

Credits
    that said, your s.o. also needs to understand that your close friends are close for a reason and petty grievances aren't going to nullify their existence.. both parties have to toe the line...
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat