Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Canada deports trini family !

  1. #1
    1011000110001 Corrupt file's Avatar Corrupt file is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bedwich
    Posts
    4,987
    Credits
    5,048,938

    Thumbs up Canada deports trini family !

    Good job Canada these imps making Trinidad look bad
    A family south of Ottawa was scheduled to fly back to Trinidad and Tobago yesterday, CBC News reported, as they were deported after their refugee claims were denied.
    Members of the Maharaj family from Kemptville, Ontario, about 60 km south of Ottawa, were set to be returned to the Caribbean country after spending four years in Canada.
    Government officials removed them from their home and took them to the airport just after midnight Thursday, neighbours said.
    The family, which also owns a video store in Kemptville, claimed refugee status when they arrived in Canada but federal government officials have said the family "lacks credibility".
    In a statement, officials added the family has not produced enough evidence to prove they would be in danger in their home country.
    As a result, their refugee status was never granted by the independent review board. The family appealed last year's ruling but that appeal was denied last week.
    The Maharaj family spent eight years in the United States before they came to Canada.
    Father Motilal Maharaj has told CBC News police in Trinidad threatened his children's safety and demanded protection money in the Caribbean country, which they felt was cause for departing the country 12 years ago.
    Since arriving in Canada, one son of Motilal and Vashti Maharaj has married and had a child. He and his family are allowed to remain in Canada.
    Friends and neighbours created a petition to keep them in Canada. They also tried to help the family find refuge at a local church Thursday night but that did not work out.
    Im intoxicated and my speevg gettgdgget.... sorry. And my speech getting complicated

  2. #2
    Get your passport & come ! EloquenceInc is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    @fetegods
    Posts
    13,547
    Credits
    4,351,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrupt file View Post
    Good job Canada these imps making Trinidad look bad
    Only di son alone smart...
    str8_talk likes this.
    Who has eyes to see, let them see...

  3. #3
    ~N.A.T.T.Y Valos~ Val3nie2debone's Avatar Val3nie2debone is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    in a house
    Posts
    18,268
    Credits
    2,128,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrupt file View Post
    Good job Canada these imps making Trinidad look bad
    How are they making Trinidad look bad? I was expecting to read about some hardened criminals wrecking havoc in Canada.
    EloquenceInc likes this.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

  4. #4
    Registered User Steupz's Avatar Steupz is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    10,883
    Credits
    1,226,784
    Nice place, Canada.

  5. #5
    Get your passport & come ! EloquenceInc is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    @fetegods
    Posts
    13,547
    Credits
    4,351,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Val3nie2debone View Post
    How are they making Trinidad look bad? I was expecting to read about some hardened criminals wrecking havoc in Canada.
    You can tell Canada nice cause dem have time!

    USCIS don't have time for business owners who keeping dem nose clean. Aside from dumb glitches due to racism and lack of time spent verifying before flinging people out the country, they too swamped with real badasses to go looking for harmless folks like this set to give free plane rides home. lols.
    Who has eyes to see, let them see...

  6. #6
    ~N.A.T.T.Y Valos~ Val3nie2debone's Avatar Val3nie2debone is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    in a house
    Posts
    18,268
    Credits
    2,128,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownilus View Post
    You can tell Canada nice cause dem have time!

    USCIS don't have time for business owners who keeping dem nose clean. Aside from dumb glitches due to racism and lack of time spent verifying before flinging people out the country, they too swamped with real badasses to go looking for harmless folks like this set to give free plane rides home. lols.
    Exactly! they really have too much time on their hands over there
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

  7. #7
    Registered User Poca's Avatar Poca is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    home
    Posts
    4,202
    Credits
    87,553,099
    How is it that they have too much time when the immigration folks are simply doing their job.

    IMO, 4 yrs to deport someone is way too long. There needs to be a faster process.

  8. #8
    LB
    Peace Love n Pretty Tings LB is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    At the Crossroads
    Posts
    19,466
    Credits
    57,234,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Val3nie2debone View Post
    Exactly! they really have too much time on their hands over there
    Canada has 30M to the States' 300M people. We dont have as many ppl to track and contend with.
    Our internal immigration tracking is better than how its done in the States especially when it comes to refugee claims which should be the norm - but yet it still took the government 4 years to finally deport them. I dont see how that equates to having time on their hands.
    So regardless of these ppl being "law-abiding" citizens they got into here on a bogus claim when there are real claims that get denied all the time (a few weeks ago they denied a Mexican woman's refugee claim saying she couldnt prove her life was in danger and within 2 weeks of her being sent back, she was killed).

    I dont know why this family would fake a refugee claim from the Caribbean, when its not as difficult to apply for landed immigrant status here. I'm not feeling sorry for them if they were stupid with it.
    Colors likes this.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

  9. #9
    Registered User Steupz's Avatar Steupz is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    10,883
    Credits
    1,226,784
    Quote Originally Posted by LB View Post
    Our internal immigration tracking is better than how its done in the States
    Yet it's somehow only Canada who approves these claims. The only reason these people did that is because it has been done successfully in the past.

  10. #10
    LB
    Peace Love n Pretty Tings LB is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    At the Crossroads
    Posts
    19,466
    Credits
    57,234,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Steupz View Post
    Yet it's somehow only Canada who approves these claims. The only reason these people did that is because it has been done successfully in the past.
    And your point is what exactly in comparison to mine?

    I'm talking about the internal tracking of knowing where ppl are in Canada and not losing track of where they are living or what they are doing inside the country. That's how they stay on top of who is where and when to send them off instead of them going underground and out of reach.

    Refugee claims were too easily accepted here and previous govts did have a policy of letting in claims from war-torn/LDC's too easily without the same burden of proof like other countries. Now, that has changed and rightly so. If ppl like these above want to abuse the system and they get caught. They didnt need to apply through refugee status at all and they would probably still be here living their life in peace.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

  11. #11
    Registered User Steupz's Avatar Steupz is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    10,883
    Credits
    1,226,784
    Quote Originally Posted by LB View Post
    And your point is what exactly in comparison to mine?
    Fewer reasons to hide?
    If you're not facing the same threat then you don't need to conceal your whereabouts. Ergo, what may be perceived as better tracking is actually, perhaps, more the immigrant not being afraid to leave their tracks.

  12. #12
    LB
    Peace Love n Pretty Tings LB is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    At the Crossroads
    Posts
    19,466
    Credits
    57,234,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Steupz View Post
    Fewer reasons to hide?
    If you're not facing the same threat then you don't need to conceal your whereabouts. Ergo, what may be perceived as better tracking is actually, perhaps, more the immigrant not being afraid to leave their tracks.
    If you truly are afraid for your life then you are more likely to try and go underground than someone who is making it up, so what threats are you talking about? If you cannot prove your claim, you run the risk of being sent back here or anywhere else.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

  13. #13
    Registered User Tha Biz is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    rack city
    Posts
    1,790
    Credits
    1,575,969
    dont see why they wouldnt let them stay, did they do anything illegal
    optimizm likes this.

  14. #14
    Registered User Steupz's Avatar Steupz is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    10,883
    Credits
    1,226,784
    Quote Originally Posted by LB View Post
    If you truly are afraid for your life then you are more likely to try and go underground than someone who is making it up, so what threats are you talking about? If you cannot prove your claim, you run the risk of being sent back here or anywhere else.
    Well yeah but, in the Trinidad situation, the claim was that East Indians are targeted IN TRINIDAD. So, there is no reason to hide abroad.
    The evidence was the majority of East Indians owning businesses and being targets for kidnapping in a country where the murder stat had risen remarkably.

    So whereas your statement would apply to many refugees, the Indo Trinidadian refugee had an entirely different menace to deal with - in their mind.

  15. #15
    LB
    Peace Love n Pretty Tings LB is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    At the Crossroads
    Posts
    19,466
    Credits
    57,234,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Steupz View Post
    Well yeah but, in the Trinidad situation, the claim was that East Indians are targeted IN TRINIDAD. So, there is no reason to hide abroad.
    The evidence was the majority of East Indians owning businesses and being targets for kidnapping in a country where the murder stat had risen remarkably.

    So whereas your statement would apply to many refugees, the Indo Trinidadian refugee had an entirely different menace to deal with - in their mind.
    that kind of supports what I am saying??

    Anyhow, it still would have been a lot easier for them to apply and get status if they had skipped the refugee claim route and did permanent residence status - especially if they are/were business owners in TnT.

    To me, I bet they were lax with it all and got burned. Even if their refugee claim was turned down 4 yrs ago, they could have then re-applied as landed immigrants since they are already in the country and have established ties. It would have been unlikely that they would have been denied at that point because I see that happen all the time here.

    So once again, I dont feel for them because this story doesnt add up properly. There is more to it.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •