Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you believe how young these dudes were at that time?

Credits

Can you believe how young these dudes were at that time?

I don't think guys that young today can spit at that magnitude.

nikkigiovanni
    i don't know which song this is because i don't have sound on my comp right now...but this is the dude that was at the canibus show i went to on monday...he is 19..to think..his peer is soulja boy...they don't make young rappers like this no more hardly

Credits
    He posted Ghostface-- camay..

he wasnt that young, probably 24 or 25..

But year you are right they dont make good young rappers no more... think back to Nas on Halftime or Live at the BBQ... probably the same age as Soulja Boy is now... Shyhiem... come on yo, Even the YOungstas lyrical game was up there

nikkigiovanni
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfAKing View Post
    He posted Ghostface-- camay..

he wasnt that young, probably 24 or 25..

But year you are right they dont make good young rappers no more... think back to Nas on Halftime or Live at the BBQ... probably the same age as Soulja Boy is now... Shyhiem... come on yo, Even the YOungstas lyrical game was up there
    i know what he posted...i was talkingabout what i posted...i don't know which songs those were from YC

but rakim was about 18 or 19 i think when he forst bust on the scene...so was slick rick

and ll cool j was like 18 when he dropped "radio"

lyrical styles were way more intricate than these elementary rappers they got out now

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkigiovanni View Post
    i know what he posted...i was talkingabout what i posted...i don't know which songs those were from YC

but rakim was about 18 or 19 i think when he forst bust on the scene...so was slick rick

and ll cool j was like 18 when he dropped "radio"

lyrical styles were way more intricate than these elementary rappers they got out now
    cause lyrics aint important no more in this industry... blame it on Mr Sean "dumb down my lyrics to double my dollars" Carter

nikkigiovanni
    cause lyrics aint important no more in this industry... blame it on Mr Sean "dumb down my lyrics to double my dollars" Carter
    i refuse to believe it's jiggas fault....lol

Credits
    i refuse to believe it's jiggas fault....lol
    not his alone... i believe it was for some reason around 1997 or 1998 there was abrupt cut off from the lyrical hiphop and an immediate flocking to the flashy, ultra materialsitic hiphop that has evolved into what we see today...

nikkigiovanni
    not his alone... i believe it was for some reason around 1997 or 1998 there was abrupt cut off from the lyrical hiphop and an immediate flocking to the flashy, ultra materialsitic hiphop that has evolved into what we see today...
    that is what i call the post biggie bad boy era...it was puffy fault....i think HE singlehandedly destroyed hip hop...with the flashyness...too much dancing and club bangers...then the neptunes era ushered in more music for the clubs and dancing...minus the lyrics...there was no turning back after that

Credits
    that is what i call the post biggie bad boy era...it was puffy fault....i think HE singlehandedly destroyed hip hop...with the flashyness...too much dancing and club bangers...then the neptunes era ushered in more music for the clubs and dancing...minus the lyrics...there was no turning back after that
    Dudes figured out that there was no reason to have creative rhymes if they not getting paid, so they just sold out to make money.

Diddy started it.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    Dudes figured out that there was no reason to have creative rhymes if they not getting paid, so they just sold out to make money.

Diddy started it.

that and the whole marketing scheme of the word hater... There was a a moment when people said "yo, is everyone gonna start sounding like this now" then those sentiments get met with the phrase "oh you hatin" So then everyone was like, if i dont automatically like that new badboy flashy era crystal poppin shit, then i am a hater, i better get with the program then... and then you had Sheep-hop

Credits
    that and the whole marketing scheme of the word hater... There was a a moment when people said "yo, is everyone gonna start sounding like this now" then those sentiments get met with the phrase "oh you hatin" So then everyone was like, if i dont automatically like that new badboy flashy era crystal poppin shit, then i am a hater, i better get with the program then... and then you had Sheep-hop
    Exactly

The word hater needs to be excluded from everybody's vocabulary.

Spranga
    u must be goin crazy.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    Exactly

The word hater needs to be excluded from everybody's vocabulary.
    yup

Credits
    LL was 16, he first bust..
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Spranga View Post
    u must be goin crazy.
    Sprang, i know jigga is a lyrical giant, but he gave people the impression that the average rap fan dont wanna hear lyrical hiphop no more so to make a dolla u gotta appeal to the least common denominator and everyone followed suit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast