Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Oneshot
  • 1 Post By Oneshot
  • 1 Post By Oneshot

Thread: Can these ridiculous Rent rolls continue in Brooklyn ?

Credits

Can these ridiculous Rent rolls continue in Brooklyn ?

I say no, meaning in Crown Heights, Flatbush, and East Flatbush.....

So I was talking to a GF who work in a large management company, this Jewish guy owns like minimum 75 buildings in Manhattan and Brooklyn, she said that as fast as they move in, they are moving out !

So all this Big Talk about they sharing apartment, etc...yeah, but at the end of the day they are still getting ripped off paying $2,500 for a two bedroom around Blacks, that for the most part realize what is going on and little if any moving now, where they going, in the south, Florida, the Caribbean?

It is all relative, but if I am White, I see no bargain or value in surrounded by Blacks, work, come home, order pizza or Chinese food, go to the gym in the building, walk the dog and do it all over again....

I don't see it, all I see is ppl working to pay the rent, not living, more or less just getting by !

How you see it, I am willing to bet that for the first time rent will having to drop in about 3 years , no one, not even the whites I hear about can maintain these outrageous rents......

What is your take on it if you in it or how you see it ?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by socapineman View Post
    I say no, meaning in Crown Heights, Flatbush, and East Flatbush.....

So I was talking to a GF who work in a large management company, this Jewish guy owns like minimum 75 buildings in Manhattan and Brooklyn, she said that as fast as they move in, they are moving out !

So all this Big Talk about they sharing apartment, etc...yeah, but at the end of the day they are still getting ripped off paying $2,500 for a two bedroom around Blacks, that for the most part realize what is going on and little if any moving now, where they going, in the south, Florida, the Caribbean?

It is all relative, but if I am White, I see no bargain or value in surrounded by Blacks, work, come home, order pizza or Chinese food, go to the gym in the building, walk the dog and do it all over again....

I don't see it, all I see is ppl working to pay the rent, not living, more or less just getting by !

How you see it, I am willing to bet that for the first time rent will having to drop in about 3 years , no one, not even the whites I hear about can maintain these outrageous rents......

What is your take on it if you in it or how you see it ?
    The problem is brooklyn is still affordable from the big picture for a lot of people.
    NJ has high taxes, and good schools are lacking in most places (so private tuition).

If you have a good job in the city (75k+) you are unlikely to get that kind of cash elsewhere.
    socapineman likes this.

Credits
    And by the way.
    Dont discount the urban living experience.

I live in Newark... and fella.. the spot is changing, despite the high taxes, bad schools, because we are cheaper than Brooklyn, < 30 mins away from the city. The locals.. dont get it.. they dont want to buy and invest in they rent. Everybody trying to move to a nicer NJ town, or out of state to PA for better schools.
    socapineman likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    And by the way.
    Dont discount the urban living experience.

I live in Newark... and fella.. the spot is changing, despite the high taxes, bad schools, because we are cheaper than Brooklyn, < 30 mins away from the city. The locals.. dont get it.. they dont want to buy and invest in they rent. Everybody trying to move to a nicer NJ town, or out of state to PA for better schools.
    Yep, fully agree with you here on Newark.

Credits
    The problem is brooklyn is still affordable from the big picture for a lot of people.
    NJ has high taxes, and good schools are lacking in most places (so private tuition).

If you have a good job in the city (75k+) you are unlikely to get that kind of cash elsewhere.
    Well, I don't see it, a lot of whites, the young ones in these areas are doing bad, aint all of them have parents helping them !

think about this, you a young whiter, in your mid 20s, you would want to be in East Flatbush or at Nostrand and Parkside, if you know where that is ?

Credits
    Well, I don't see it, a lot of whites, the young ones in these areas are doing bad, aint all of them have parents helping them !

think about this, you a young whiter, in your mid 20s, you would want to be in East Flatbush or at Nostrand and Parkside, if you know where that is ?

yes why..
    1) i cant afford more
    2) i voted for Obama, im down with my brown/black people
    3) its so cool that i experience the edgy lifestyle in my younger years, a lovely footnote for my political aspirations.
    4) imma kinda big deal, a white person in the ends. like a black person in the burbs.

Credits
    yes why..
    1) i cant afford more
    2) i voted for Obama, im down with my brown/black people
    3) its so cool that i experience the edgy lifestyle in my younger years, a lovely footnote for my political aspirations.
    4) imma kinda big deal, a white person in the ends. like a black person in the burbs.
    Outside of #1, I highly doubt what you are saying is correct.....they move in and I get the sense they feel they are better, like when your Black a$$ gonna move, I have friends that feel disrespected by them, I know most are somewhat scare of Blacks, but to me they look like they are empowered that the system is on their side, 5-0 protecting them !

So, you really feel that these rent rolls in these areas in three yrs will go up even more ?

Credits
    Outside of #1, I highly doubt what you are saying is correct.....they move in and I get the sense they feel they are better, like when your Black a$$ gonna move, I have friends that feel disrespected by them, I know most are somewhat scare of Blacks, but to me they look like they are empowered that the system is on their side, 5-0 protecting them !

So, you really feel that these rent rolls in these areas in three yrs will go up even more ?
    i was being kind to be fair. because i was thinking of my daughters god mother. but what you are saying is true.

i know of other cases, where new white guy / couple comes in. and basically asks do you rent to non white people. they might be subtle, and say.. you know loud people, or people who play that bodega music very loud and etc. and landlords play the game, where they move in new white people because they pay higher rents than existing tenants (not that the existing tenants are a problem, its all $$$$).
    now i dont know how it works, because most of these kind of tenants are not sticky tenants.

tenants like my daughters god mother tend to be more sticky, cause they genuinely love the neighbourhood. to be fair, no different than people like me. i like my side of newark because it is mostly black, with hints of diversity, i like that fact that i'm not the hint of diversity. there are other areas of newark i would not move into because i would be the hint.
    socapineman likes this.