Thread: Can there be a caricom without Jamaica ?

Juve

Can there be a caricom without Jamaica ?

Wednesday, 05 September 2007
    The Dean of Social Sciences at the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill campus in Barbados is expressing optimism that the Jamaica Labour Party could have positive implications for the advancement of the regional integration movement within the Caribbean Community.

According to Dr. George Belle, a lot of work has gone into bringing CARICOM to where it is at present and Mr. Golding would need to continue along that path.

He said he also believes that Mr. Golding and the JLP would bring a new wave of thinking to matters pertaining to CARICOM.

"It doesn't matter which party is in power he is going to have to work with CARICOM. I also think that the Jamaican business community, unlike what some people in the Caribbean think, is very pro-CARICOM and the Jamaica Labour Party has been close to the business community and I believe that they will work with CARICOM," said Dr. Belle.

However he also voiced concern about the JLP's stance on some regional organisations such as the Caribbean Court of Justice.

"They might have new views on some of the institutions being suggested for CARICOM what might in effect hold the process back a bit if they go very far with that. But a lot of work has been done to bring CARICOM to where it is at the present moment and their issues on the Caribbean Court of Justice and the question of new governance forms, a different eye might be brought to them by the Jamaica Labour Party. I hope they will not hold CARICOM back in relation to its evolutional maturation and I think, on the other hand that

JLP is against anything relating to caricom... hahahaha .. So i would like to see how things go in the next two years, because i'm almost sure Jamaica will abort whatever PJ and Portia agreed to.

Credits
    what has jamaica done to improve caricom?

Juve
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hype View Post
    what has jamaica done to improve caricom?
    We signed agreement with almost everything the small islands think is good.

Was always for the movement.

JLP think the caricom connection is a con on Jamaica, since we give more than we benefit.

Credits

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Juve View Post
    Wednesday, 05 September 2007
    The Dean of Social Sciences at the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill campus in Barbados is expressing optimism that the Jamaica Labour Party could have positive implications for the advancement of the regional integration movement within the Caribbean Community.

According to Dr. George Belle, a lot of work has gone into bringing CARICOM to where it is at present and Mr. Golding would need to continue along that path.

He said he also believes that Mr. Golding and the JLP would bring a new wave of thinking to matters pertaining to CARICOM.

"It doesn't matter which party is in power he is going to have to work with CARICOM. I also think that the Jamaican business community, unlike what some people in the Caribbean think, is very pro-CARICOM and the Jamaica Labour Party has been close to the business community and I believe that they will work with CARICOM," said Dr. Belle.

However he also voiced concern about the JLP's stance on some regional organisations such as the Caribbean Court of Justice.

"They might have new views on some of the institutions being suggested for CARICOM what might in effect hold the process back a bit if they go very far with that. But a lot of work has been done to bring CARICOM to where it is at the present moment and their issues on the Caribbean Court of Justice and the question of new governance forms, a different eye might be brought to them by the Jamaica Labour Party. I hope they will not hold CARICOM back in relation to its evolutional maturation and I think, on the other hand that

JLP is against anything relating to caricom... hahahaha .. So i would like to see how things go in the next two years, because i'm almost sure Jamaica will abort whatever PJ and Portia agreed to.

LOL. EXCEPT FUH VENEZUELAN OIL. WANNA MEKKIN SURE WANNA KEEPIN THAT. LOL.

Juve
    Quote Originally Posted by BAJANFUHLIFE View Post
    LOL. EXCEPT FUH VENEZUELAN OIL. WANNA MEKKIN SURE WANNA KEEPIN THAT. LOL.
    yes idiot, we talking about caricom ...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Juve View Post
    yes idiot, we talking about caricom ...
    i know u mean caricom. i mean portia signed that oil deal with VENEZUELA AS PART OF THE CARICOM. petrocaribe. that is somethin wanna want to hold on to.