Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Can a successful relationship.........(Part II)

Credits

Can a successful relationship.........(Part II)

end in a breakup?
    A.K.K.S. likes this.
    Space available for RENT

Credits
    yes
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    I was probably successful until the people started to have problems that lead to the breakup

Credits
    yes... anything can dissolve..
    Triniminx likes this.
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    I think the answer is yes. People change their minds about what they want. although your relationship is successful, you can decide that you don't want that anymore. Unfortunately, we don't all want what functions well. Some of us have to FEEL a certain way too.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
    end in a breakup?
    If u wasn't the sensitive type to delete threads, I would say that u are having marital issues..

Anyway, my answer is to the original question is yes.

A successful relationship is just the union being functional....but the individual elements can fall victim to emotional whims that can then effect the overall function of the union
    rayt2009 likes this.
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    If u wasn't the sensitive type to delete threads, I would say that u are having marital issues..

Anyway, my answer is to the original question is yes.

A successful relationship is just the union being functional....but the individual elements can fall victim to emotional whims that can then effect the overall function of the union
    Interesting as I doubt you can point to more than 1 thread I have deleted since you been on Imix. Lucky for me you don't know anything about me I guess tho smh. I am not one of your broken victims so try not to be overly analytical about me or my life as it isn't your concern and you are not and could never be part of my advisory committee. Save that for man who willing to get/ consider takin ah strap on in de ass.

Thanks for you relevant response
    A.K.K.S. likes this.
    Space available for RENT

Credits
    Smh.

Broken victims?

Strap on in the ass?

Some of u dudes really are obsessed....quite telling I must say
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

Credits
    Smh.

Broken victims?

Strap on in the ass?

Some of u dudes really are obsessed....quite telling I must say
    looking for a launch pad as usual lol
    Space available for RENT

Credits
    looking for a launch pad as usual lol
    Dude YOU GAVE ME the PERFECT launch pad with that tirade...but I chose not to.

Every time u come at me, it serves the same purpose...but notice I just lowe you...

Credits
    Dude YOU GAVE ME the PERFECT launch pad with that tirade...but I chose not to.

Every time u come at me, it serves the same purpose...but notice I just lowe you...
    come at you? must be a fantasy

Before yuh mount some other spurious claim have the last word and a blessed day
    Space available for RENT

Credits
    Simmer down now, y'all. Back to the topic at hand

Credits
    end in a breakup?
    No! You can't take anything that fails, and retag it as a success just because u want to
    Missmayling and Triniminx like this.
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LIONESS onda RISE View Post
    No! You can't take anything that fails, and retag it as a success just because u want to
    why is the ending of a relationship considered a failure???

some things just run their course...it's only a failure if throughout the entire duration of the relationship there was nothing positive or gainful to come from it, or if it thrived on dysfunction the entire time

Credits
    why is the ending of a relationship considered a failure???

some things just run their course...it's only a failure if throughout the entire duration of the relationship there was nothing positive or gainful to come from it, or if it thrived on dysfunction the entire time
    Animals that Mate for life, by WonderQuest
    Philandering life mates

The gray wolf mates for life. Pups are born in the spring. Through the summer while the pups grow in ability, the adults hunt singly. Each autumn, the pups join the hunting pack and both parents teach them to hunt and kill prey. A family group of about five members (the parents and various offspring) stay together and form a hunting pack. [Gary Kramer, US Fish and Wildlife Service]Q: Which animals mate for life? (Jen, New York, New York)

The gray wolf mates for life. Pups are born in the spring. Through the summer while the pups grow in ability, the adults hunt singly. Each autumn, the pups join the hunting pack and both parents teach them to hunt and kill prey. A family group of about five members (the parents and various offspring) stay together and form a hunting pack. [Gary Kramer, US Fish and Wildlife Service]

A: Gibbon apes, wolves, termites, coyotes, barn owls, beavers, bald eagles, golden eagles, condors, swans, brolga cranes, French angel fish, sandhill cranes, pigeons, prions (a seabird), red-tailed hawks, anglerfish, ospreys, prairie voles (a rodent), and black vultures — are a few that mate for life.

Of course, it depends on what you mean by "mate for life." These creatures do mate for life in the social sense of living together in pairs but they rarely stay strictly faithful. About 90 percent of the 9,700 bird species pair, mate, and raise chicks together — some returning together to the same nest site year after year. Males, however, often raise other males’ offspring unknowingly. DNA testing reveals that the social-pair male did not father 10, 20, and sometimes 40 percent of the chicks.

Black vultures, though, discourage infidelity. All nearby vultures attack any vulture caught philandering.

Only about 3 percent of the 4,000 mammal species are monogamous (and Homo sapiens isn’t one of them). Beavers, otters, bats, wolves, some foxes, a few hoofed animals, and some primates live together in social pairs but dally sexually much as birds do.

Wolves, for example, are generally monogamous but also breed polygamously if the male is unrelated to the female and prey is plentiful. Moreover, they sometimes have more than one mate in a lifetime, says Dan Stahler, biologist at the Yellowstone Gray Wolf Restoration Program run by the National Park Service. This happens "if one mate dies, gets kicked out of the pack, or is physically unable to breed due to injury, illness, etc."

One species is absolutely monogamous. In the black darkness of the deep sea, the tiny male anglerfish (perhaps one tenth the female’s size) detects and follows the scent trail of a female of his own species. Once found, he bites his chosen one and hangs on. His skin fuses to hers, their bodies grow together (he gets his food through a common blood supply and becomes essentially a sperm producing organ). They mate for life — a short life for the male
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend- Arabic proverb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast