Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Can Someone Give Me a Chutney Recipe?

  1. #1
    Letterist XtasyReds's Avatar XtasyReds is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    12,134
    Credits
    1,048,390

    Can Someone Give Me a Chutney Recipe?

    Preferably mango or apple.

  2. #2
    Letterist XtasyReds's Avatar XtasyReds is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    12,134
    Credits
    1,048,390
    No one couldn't help me out?

    Shucks!!!!

  3. #3
    Registered User naughteeetrample is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    27
    Credits
    102
    According to Machel Montano
    "just hold de mango
    on de grater
    start de grating
    is chutney we making"

    gyul just add some pepper salt and a little bit a seasoning and call that George

  4. #4
    elq
    Cleophus aka pupah lashie elq's Avatar elq is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    21,977
    Credits
    1,516,009

  5. #5
    Letterist XtasyReds's Avatar XtasyReds is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    12,134
    Credits
    1,048,390
    Quote Originally Posted by elq

    Screw you!

    Send me the info again for dept of agriculture babes!

  6. #6
    Letterist XtasyReds's Avatar XtasyReds is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    12,134
    Credits
    1,048,390
    Quote Originally Posted by naughteeetrample
    According to Machel Montano
    "just hold de mango
    on de grater
    start de grating
    is chutney we making"

    gyul just add some pepper salt and a little bit a seasoning and call that George

    That was my jam!!!! :

  7. #7
    LSK
    buy the book... LSK's Avatar LSK is offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    6,921
    Credits
    1,009,609
    Grate green (but not young) mango in a dish

    Add grated garlic, onion, shadowbenny(sp), salt, pepper, etc.

    Mix.

    Yuh done.

  8. #8
    elq
    Cleophus aka pupah lashie elq's Avatar elq is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    21,977
    Credits
    1,516,009
    Quote Originally Posted by XtasyReds
    Screw you!

    Send me the info again for dept of agriculture babes!
    Where In The Pine Can I Get a Meat License?

  9. #9
    BANNED Short_Thing's Avatar Short_Thing is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    16,125
    Credits
    33,729
    Mango.....blend/grate
    add salt, hot pepper, black pepper, garlic, shadow bennie,
    mustard, a lil sugar mix it all together and wala.......chutney

  10. #10
    sebas4920
    Guest
    both of these are kind of sweet and not the one made with the green mangos


    Mango Chutney
    Ingredients
    2 Anaheim peppers, roasted, peeled, diced
    2 hot chili peppers, seeded, minced (like Scotch Bonnet or Habañero)
    2 cups apple cider vinegar
    1 tbsp salt
    3 cups brown sugar
    ¼ cup tamarind paste
    4 mangoes, peeled, diced
    2 small onions, finely chopped
    6 oz golden raisins
    ½ tsp celery seeds
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    1 tbsp grated ginger
    1 lg. lime, juiced
    ¼ cup whole cloves
    1 tbsp cinnamon
    1 tbsp whole mustard seeds
    Preparation

    * In a large pot, combine the peppers with the vinegar, salt and sugar.
    * Cook over a medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
    * Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer, undisturbed for 4 hours.
    * Remove from heat, cover and set aside for 2 hours. Refrigerate over night.







    another one


    Here's Nancy's Mango Chutney recipe; great with hot curry chicken, goat, etc. -- thanks Nancy!
    Ingredients
    4 cup under-ripe mangoes (diced)
    1 cup raisins
    1 cup dates, chopped
    4 oz green ginger, chopped
    1 teaspoon mustard seed
    4 cups sugar
    2 oz salt
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    2 hot peppers, chopped
    4 cups red wine vinegar
    ½ lb onions, chopped
    Preparation

    * Add fruit and peppers to vinegar and allow to steep until the next day.
    * To the mangoes, add sugar,ginger,garlic, onions and other seasonings.
    * Boil all the ingredients together gently until the chutney is thick and brown.

    Note: Also works with pears, peaches, and apples.

  11. #11
    LSK
    buy the book... LSK's Avatar LSK is offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    6,921
    Credits
    1,009,609
    Quote Originally Posted by sebas4920
    both of these are kind of sweet and not the one made with the green mangos


    Mango Chutney
    Ingredients
    2 Anaheim peppers, roasted, peeled, diced
    2 hot chili peppers, seeded, minced (like Scotch Bonnet or Habañero)
    2 cups apple cider vinegar
    1 tbsp salt
    3 cups brown sugar
    ¼ cup tamarind paste
    4 mangoes, peeled, diced
    2 small onions, finely chopped
    6 oz golden raisins
    ½ tsp celery seeds
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    1 tbsp grated ginger
    1 lg. lime, juiced
    ¼ cup whole cloves
    1 tbsp cinnamon
    1 tbsp whole mustard seeds
    Preparation

    * In a large pot, combine the peppers with the vinegar, salt and sugar.
    * Cook over a medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
    * Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer, undisturbed for 4 hours.
    * Remove from heat, cover and set aside for 2 hours. Refrigerate over night.







    another one


    Here's Nancy's Mango Chutney recipe; great with hot curry chicken, goat, etc. -- thanks Nancy!
    Ingredients
    4 cup under-ripe mangoes (diced)
    1 cup raisins
    1 cup dates, chopped
    4 oz green ginger, chopped
    1 teaspoon mustard seed
    4 cups sugar
    2 oz salt
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    2 hot peppers, chopped
    4 cups red wine vinegar
    ½ lb onions, chopped
    Preparation

    * Add fruit and peppers to vinegar and allow to steep until the next day.
    * To the mangoes, add sugar,ginger,garlic, onions and other seasonings.
    * Boil all the ingredients together gently until the chutney is thick and brown.

    Note: Also works with pears, peaches, and apples.




    But wha kinda caucasian chutney is dis?

    I been making chutney fuh years to go wid doubles an' polouri and it never had all dis wuk.... boil dis and Anaheim dat.


    Ohhh.... ah did forget to add some lime juice, but dat is only if yuh not using lime pepper.

    X-Reds... is Trini chutney yuh making or fancy shmancy 5 star chutney?

  12. #12
    Letterist XtasyReds's Avatar XtasyReds is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    12,134
    Credits
    1,048,390
    Quote Originally Posted by LSK



    But wha kinda caucasian chutney is dis?

    I been making chutney fuh years to go wid doubles an' polouri and it never had all dis wuk.... boil dis and Anaheim dat.


    Ohhh.... ah did forget to add some lime juice, but dat is only if yuh not using lime pepper.

    X-Reds... is Trini chutney yuh making or fancy shmancy 5 star chutney?
    Trini chutney to go with saheena

  13. #13
    LSK
    buy the book... LSK's Avatar LSK is offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    6,921
    Credits
    1,009,609
    Quote Originally Posted by XtasyReds
    Trini chutney to go with saheena
    See posts 7 & 9.

  14. #14
    sebas4920
    Guest
    lol... got it from my favorite guyanese website: waynes guyana outpost...

  15. #15
    LSK
    buy the book... LSK's Avatar LSK is offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    6,921
    Credits
    1,009,609
    Quote Originally Posted by sebas4920
    lol... got it from my favorite guyanese website: waynes guyana outpost...
    At least yuh take we jokes de right way... some new folks does get offended so easy man.


    Doh worry, we won't hold dat bogus chuttney recipe yuh post against yuh.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •