Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Can someone explain what is so great about this new sensation called Gully Bob?

  1. #1
    Repect Our Soca Pioneers Socapro's Avatar Socapro is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Soca Island
    Posts
    16,725
    Credits
    891,313,982

    Question Can someone explain what is so great about this new sensation called Gully Bob?

    Just watched his Sting performance and can't understand why he is being rated so highly all of a sudden.

    Gully Bop Sting 2014 (Performance)


    And why is he calling up Ninja Man's name so much?!
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

    Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

  2. #2
    Repect Our Soca Pioneers Socapro's Avatar Socapro is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Soca Island
    Posts
    16,725
    Credits
    891,313,982
    And apparently there are Gully women making phone video marriage proposals to Gully Bob!

    Woman Says She Wants Gully Bop - (Video Message) (Gully Bop Counteraction) Wuk Offa Mi
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

    Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

  3. #3
    Registered User trinifrombx is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,130
    Credits
    40,683,354
    The lowlife's in Jamaica love nonsense like these, no entertainment value at all ! None at all.

    To call out a man old enough to be your daddy, been in the game ,over 30 years is a joke !

  4. #4
    Got Kompa? tikreyol's Avatar tikreyol is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    La Perle Des Antilles
    Posts
    5,229
    Credits
    13,284,868
    Never understood this whole Sting thing. By the time the artist gets to actually saying something they pull up or wheel an come again.

    Not sure what a Gully Bob is. But Dancehall has been the pits lately anyway.
    Ti sourit, ti sourit se nan pèlen ou rete
    Rat ki rat se nan pèlen ou rete
    Tèt zozo men pa ou, zozo kale men pa ou
    M ap konyen fanm nan jis solèy leve
    Bwa m kale tou wouj
    Kon piman , kon piman, Langyèt madivinèz
    Ou pa bezwen chandèl pou ou klere l

  5. #5
    Registered User Namey Namey is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    952
    Credits
    6,149,890
    I'm not sure why this made it here, why should it matter to Trinis, Haitian, or anyone what entertains Jamaicans. I don't even know what's going on in the soca or compa world, but I bet you all know what's going on in the Hip hop, pop, and dancehall, etc. You people are getting more and more pathetic but remain in denial. An issue was brought up about Usain bolt and Barbados and first thing the battyman did was start Jumping on Jamaican culture and starting talking about tessanne chin, you smallies are silly people.
    Missmayling and Jahpikne like this.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

  6. #6
    where de crix Oneshot's Avatar Oneshot is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brick City, NJ
    Posts
    24,668
    Credits
    40,160,677
    the man is a rag to riches story, he is out of place to call out ninja man, but guess what nuff other artistes do it, disrespect is disrespect.

  7. #7
    Registered User Vye Negre is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,015
    Credits
    17,193,571
    Come on, this is straight forward... A man who was perceived as a crazy tramp, has proven himself to be a top level lyricist in a genre that is known to be lyrically focused above all else. Which part of that is confusing. At sting the man had more stage presence and put on a better presentation than a lot of the young artists who went on stage. He has also proven himself to be a fluent freestyler. By dancehall standards he is great - all be it with an old school style. Like all other popular atists do, he is also seeking controuversy via his fiance who is half his age and his gunning for ninja man.

    How can you posibly not see what is great about him??? A few months ago this man was a tramp on road! Now he is worth a hell of a lot of money. Just hope he has the sense to invest his money wisely cause I can't see this hype lasting very long for him.

  8. #8
    Registered User sankofaa's Avatar sankofaa is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    9,165
    Credits
    2,110,287,003
    who or what is this person?

  9. #9
    where de crix Oneshot's Avatar Oneshot is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brick City, NJ
    Posts
    24,668
    Credits
    40,160,677
    Quote Originally Posted by sankofaa View Post
    who or what is this person?
    you dont have jamaican facebook friends? the man video has been trending for a while now.

  10. #10
    Insurgent Alpha Unit's Avatar Alpha Unit is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Mountains
    Posts
    9,119
    Credits
    6,660,554,981
    Gully Bop is a previously homeless individual who started to gain some popularity from youtube videos people made of him showing off his talents. He has become a sensation within the dancehall community which would explain the marriage proposals and other miscellaneous offers by women. Sting is a Boxing Day tradition in Jamaica where usually the biggest acts in dancehall can be seen. One mainstay of Sting has always been "the clash" Every year there is usually a clash and it has always featured some of the most notable in the business. Artists such as Beenie Man, Bounty Killer, Ninja Man, Merciless and Kiprich have participated in several clashes @ Sting over the years. This year's clash was set to feature the overnight sensation Gully Bop who has shown himself to be a very good freestyler and full of presentattion vs. the all time clash master Ninja Man. Ninja Man however refused to participate citing that GP hasn't paid any dues and in essence isn't worth his time.

    Every generation believes their music was/ is better than the current generation's music. In reality music constantly evolves and has cycles and while you may not be able to appreciate it in its newest iterations, it nevertheless retains it's following with the younger crowds. If it is not for you don't listen it, but stop bad talking/ complaining about it because it's both disrespectful and useless. Big up Gully Bop as he is a rags to riches story and I doh mind seeing a person rise up from poverty while using the talents they have.

    Oh and I agree with Namey Namey, why de hell any of you care what entertains Jamaicans? I sure nuff of them think we crazy to be running up and dong in fete when Somebody like Iwer sing ah song and say "Come to Meh"
    Space available for RENT

  11. #11
    Warrior Queen NikkiGiovanni's Avatar NikkiGiovanni is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    17,826
    Credits
    78,441,244
    OBVIOUSLY some a unno nuh know clash culture. Smh
    Georgeflash likes this.
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

    you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

    you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

    weak men only can deal with weaker women

    in the presence of strength you diminish...

  12. #12
    Registered User sankofaa's Avatar sankofaa is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    9,165
    Credits
    2,110,287,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    you dont have jamaican facebook friends? the man video has been trending for a while now.
    i do but they havent posted this.

  13. #13
    Registered User Vye Negre is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,015
    Credits
    17,193,571
    Quote Originally Posted by sankofaa View Post
    i do but they havent posted this.
    Just go on youtube and type in 'Gully Bop'

    loads of vids

  14. #14
    Warrior Queen NikkiGiovanni's Avatar NikkiGiovanni is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    17,826
    Credits
    78,441,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    the man is a rag to riches story, he is out of place to call out ninja man, but guess what nuff other artistes do it, disrespect is disrespect.
    Why is he out of place to call out Ninja Man....just cause Ninja Man is a legend?

    He is equally as skilled and that would prove to be an excellent clash......like clashes of the good old days of Sting

    Nuff arrogant boxers do it....its always the hot head upstart newcomer that want to test the champions.
    bktrini305 likes this.
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

    you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

    you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

    weak men only can deal with weaker women

    in the presence of strength you diminish...

  15. #15
    Repect Our Soca Pioneers Socapro's Avatar Socapro is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Soca Island
    Posts
    16,725
    Credits
    891,313,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Unit View Post
    Gully Bop is a previously homeless individual who started to gain some popularity from youtube videos people made of him showing off his talents. He has become a sensation within the dancehall community which would explain the marriage proposals and other miscellaneous offers by women. Sting is a Boxing Day tradition in Jamaica where usually the biggest acts in dancehall can be seen. One mainstay of Sting has always been "the clash" Every year there is usually a clash and it has always featured some of the most notable in the business. Artists such as Beenie Man, Bounty Killer, Ninja Man, Merciless and Kiprich have participated in several clashes @ Sting over the years. This year's clash was set to feature the overnight sensation Gully Bop who has shown himself to be a very good freestyler and full of presentattion vs. the all time clash master Ninja Man. Ninja Man however refused to participate citing that GP hasn't paid any dues and in essence isn't worth his time.

    Every generation believes their music was/ is better than the current generation's music. In reality music constantly evolves and has cycles and while you may not be able to appreciate it in its newest iterations, it nevertheless retains it's following with the younger crowds. If it is not for you don't listen it, but stop bad talking/ complaining about it because it's both disrespectful and useless. Big up Gully Bop as he is a rags to riches story and I doh mind seeing a person rise up from poverty while using the talents they have.

    Oh and I agree with Namey Namey, why de hell any of you care what entertains Jamaicans? I sure nuff of them think we crazy to be running up and dong in fete when Somebody like Iwer sing ah song and say "Come to Meh"
    I hope you are not implying that I don't appreciate Sting or Dancehall culture because I started a thread to find out more about Gully Bob and why he is suddenly being regarded as the new dancehall sensation.

    I have been listening to dancehall even before the likes of Yellow Man and Ninja Man came on the dancehall scene and have most of the top dancehall artists music over the years from the 70's till now.

    I have simply not been following dancehall closely in the last few months and wanted to get an update on why this fella Gully Bob is now being touted as the new dancehall sensation all of a sudden.

    Good luck to him that he is a rags to riches story but how rich could he now be in a matter of just one month?

    I don't think Gully Bob is in Ninja Man's league so he should simply enjoy his new found fame and try to pay his dues for a few years before trying to challenge Ninja Man who is in a totally different class imho.

    Big-up to one of my all time favorite Dancehall DJ’s Ninja Man. Gully Bob has no right to called up Ninja Man's name until he has paid his dues and he has not done so in a short one month career, sorry to say.

    Ninja Man teams up with Riddim Radio to address gun crime in Trinidad


    Riddim Radio Love Life Project. Ninja Man speaks out against gun crime.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

    Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •