Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Rihanna sing?

Credits

Can Rihanna sing?

I'm just curious if anyone has heard her in person singing and has it sounded good?

I was looking over her performance on So you think you can Dance and she was lip syncing badly and a few other live performances I have seen she wasn't too hot

Credits
    Anyone who can talk can sing. It's the question of does she sound good.

Rihanna can sing a note, but it isn't anything amazing. It's alright.

With Rihanna... it's isn't the singing that bothers me, it's her speaking voice that comes out when she sings, which I don't like.

Credits
    I think she can sing wonderfully and her voice is very appropriate, it's not young, but still not quite too adult, and I love the Bajan accent.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Floflo
    I think she can sing wonderfully and her voice is very appropriate, it's not young, but still not quite too adult, and I love the Bajan accent.
    Aye if daiz you in dah pic yuh look damn good, respect.

Credits
    I just wanna hear her sing live and no more lip synching like on So you think you can Dance. It was bad her lips were moving but not forming the words that were being sung.

Credits
    Not really... Her voice is rather annoying. She has a few cool songs, but she is meant for the studio at best. Initially I thought maybe it's her nerves preventing her from singing well...here we are more than a year later. I say she should model & give up the singing (or at least live).

Credits
    i think her voice is nice and it has a lot of potential to be real strong and powerful but it seems like she holds back a bit
    ~~When your character is built on spiritual and moral foundations, your contagious way of life will influence millions.~~

Real Eyes
    Realize
    Real Lies

Credits
    i think she sings OK but not great and nothin special.

she sounds like a little girl tryna mimic a grown lady's voice,,, you know standing in front the mirror singing into yuh hairbrush tryna sound all dramatic and grown... but it jus comes off soundin nasal & whiney & kinda fake, like a goat... baaaaa baaaaa
    Last edited by MissBlue; 06-24-2006 at 03:47 PM.
    pan every day & twice on Sunday

Credits
    That accent can mess with u.

Credits
    I've heard her sing live and she sounds the same. Well it depends on the song. lol She has the POTENTIAL to sing well but sometimes she has this annoying high pitch vocal that drives me crazy. I think she needs a vocal coach to be honest.......I also think they choose the wrong songs for her as well.

Credits
    Here she is live.......By the way, I've only heard her sing live......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrOC-...0don%27t%20lie

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MsGoodies
    Here she is live.......By the way, I've only heard her sing live......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrOC-...0don%27t%20lie
    She looks out of it, no facial expression, no type of performance and ok vocals, but she iz a sexy west indian woman for sure.

Credits

Wink

So you think you can dance: most performers on that show lipsynch. she is not the only performer that does it. u want to see a live performance check it out at the muchmusic awards 2006 that was on sunday where she performed the SOS. where do u want me to upload it? ciara lipsynchs a lot, beyonce does it (check her mtv performance with crazy in love), jennifer lopez does it, ashlee simpson does it, lindsay lohan does it, etc. on that show if u take a closer look her voice was recorded earlier so she could mimic on the show.

rummy, u need to stop ya rubbish now, first, u want kimberly to change she style and now u got a problem wid rihanna. can u come and audition in dress and singin for me? auditions open at 9 am tomorrow.

Rihanna has a low register like artistes like shakira, toni braxton. with a vocal coach she will progress. she can sing very well uptempo songs and slowly improvin vocally on slow songs.

Credits

Wink

i dont understand y u mean by she sings wrong songs cause the only song that i felt that she should not have put forward as a single is UNFAITHFUL. Pon de replay and SOS, IF IT'S LOVIN THAT U WANT, work perfectly for her.

her voice distinguishes her from the soundalikes, eg.g teairra mari sounds exactly like ASHANTI. once u have a distinguished voice u can set ur self apart from the others. with vocal lessons she will be able to improve on her vocal ability with songs like UNFAITHFUL. give her time to grow and progress.

Credits

Wink

also if u go to MSNvideo rihanna did a live performance for her second album release in barbados and she was good. check it out urself and dont listen to people. people say that cassie cant sing, teairra mari cant sing, ashanti cant sing. i dont listen to them i find out for myself. dont take a word from wat others say, go and listen or see it for urself. go to yahoo pepsi smash she sang redemption song and she was great. check out things for urself.

DOES THIS ANSWER UR CURIOUSITY?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast