Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can "love dancing" make a come back to mainstream/popular music?

The greatest city in the world come 2012!!
    Credits

Can "love dancing" make a come back to mainstream/popular music?

Or are we forever bound by this need overtly sexualise these club dances?

Im irked at the dry sex that permeates club dancing now in the form of reggaeton, bashment, soca, hip-hop etc. Some men dont even want to look at a woman's face anymore. The daggering leaves me feeling sorry for the man behind because that can cause serious damage to his "boy bits" and the wining from behind focuses on how much a woman can "push" up against the man's manhood.

Zouk/Kizomba, Lovers Rock, Salsa etc, have man and woman facing each other and dancing so passionately. Yes they are sexualise but it is subtle. The man respects the woman in these dance forms and does not use her like some piece of meat.

Would love this see this getting more attention while the overtly sexualised ones get pushed to the back.

Credits
    Make a comeback where? And with whom?

have man and woman facing each other and dancing so passionately
    Now this is something I have mentioned here, people doh even wine facing each other again. I mussbe getting old, yes, because I like to feel de front of a woman's body on me, a lil soft kiss on the neck and a lil hand grip on de back.

Dat much better dan a blasted iPhone in a back pocket against my dyck.
    Last edited by Steupz; 10-30-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Credits

Good question. Im trying to figure that out myself. Perhaps they need to change how women are perceived in popular music "shake your bumpa" and all.

Now this is something I haved mentioned here, people doh even wine facing each other again. I mussbe getting old, yes, because I like to feel de front of a woman's body on me, a lil soft kiss on the neck and a lil hand grip on de back.

Exactly! Im not old but I have realised that I prefer this a lot more. I have been to Zouk/Kizomba clubs and its so passionate. After seeing the Lovers Rock documentary I wanted to bow my head in shame at what my generation has lost.

Lol!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Steupz View Post

Now this is something I have mentioned here, people doh even wine facing each other again. I mussbe getting old, yes, because I like to feel de front of a woman's body on me, a lil soft kiss on the neck and a lil hand grip on de back.

most women dont dance front to front with men they dont know or dont want to know...
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    there are plenty dances where people dance together. - salsa, merengue, bachata etc... and people dance slow at weddings etc.. depends on the occasion..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    there are plenty dances where people dance together. - salsa, merengue, bachata etc... and people dance slow at weddings etc.. depends on the occasion..
    Yes I know but I am trying to discuss about the changing perceptions of women in the club nowadays. To put it simply, when I mean mainstream/popular I mean that this song encouraging "love" dancing goes to the number one spot and is played worldwide on heavy rotation. At the moment it appears to be music celebrating a woman's bottom and her overt coquettishness that gets wide appeal.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymaca View Post
    Yes I know but I am trying to discuss about the changing perceptions of women in the club nowadays. To put it simply, when I mean mainstream/popular I mean that this song encouraging "love" dancing goes to the number one spot and is played worldwide on heavy rotation. At the moment it appears to be music celebrating a woman's bottom and her overt coquettishness that gets wide appeal.
    Road to slackness is a road of no return innit...dem days done

"sa ki ta'w sé ta'w, la rivié pé pa chayé'l "

Father, before mi mind get bad
    Betta yuh flip it round and mek mi mind get mad
    Mi prefer fi work hard everyday fi achieve mi goals
    Nah grudge nobody fi dem own

Credits
    most women dont dance front to front with men they dont know or dont want to know...
    Explain this for me because it's the second time you've said this.
    What is it with face to face that makes it so much more serious. Because it seems more like an invention in a woman's mind than something logical.

It's not like yuh watching de woman in her eyes. Is it that women feel flinging dey ass back eh no big deal? Is it dat allyuh more easier stimulated front to front.
    Gimme some answers here, LR.

Credits
    Look at what you are saying, and think again.

Credits
    Explain this for me because it's the second time you've said this.
    What is it with face to face that makes it so much more serious. Because it seems more like an invention in a woman's mind than something logical.

It's not like yuh watching de woman in her eyes. Is it that women feel flinging dey ass back eh no big deal? Is it dat allyuh more easier stimulated front to front.
    Gimme some answers here, LR.
    wat she is saying for most woman in a party, a wine is just a wine... front to front is more intimate and most women want to share that only with a special someone
    Last edited by Hello BKLYN; 10-30-2011 at 03:16 PM.
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Gladiator
    R Kelly "Step in the name of Love" came to mind when i read the the title of this thread. A song and dance for man and woman to love and enjoy

Credits
    you looking grind up your crotches in a man hip bone, subtle indeed

Credits
    Soca/calypso can be danced with man & woman facing each other, without grinding. It's just not as common. Zouk/Kizomba, Lovers Rock, and Salsa can be danced facing each other without grinding but can also be quite risque when people so chose.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Vega View Post
    Soca/calypso can be danced with man & woman facing each other, without grinding. It's just not as common. Zouk/Kizomba, Lovers Rock, and Salsa can be danced facing each other without grinding but can also be quite risque when people so chose.
    Im not in any way implying that passionate dancing is exclusive or reserved to Lovers Rock, Zouk/Kizomba, Salsa because I did include "etc.". Obviously this "love" dancing can expand to almost any genre. The problem is that you would have to search far and wide to find this kind of passionate dancing in Soca clubs, as well as hip-hop, reggaeton and dancehall clubs. Thus it is fair to suggest that passionate dancing is not suited to these genres. In my opinion Soca is too fast-paced to be as passionate. Im more inclined to agree with you when it comes to Calypso because of the tempo, not really the lyrical content.

I mention Zouk (especially Zouk-love)/Kizomba, Lovers Rock, Salsa because these genres were were inspired by the romance/passion between a man and a woman in the early stages of their development. They still continue this with lyrics and dancing.
    Last edited by Jaymaca; 10-31-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymaca View Post
    Im in any way implying that passionate dancing is exclusive or reserved to Lovers Rock, Zouk/Kizomba, Salsa because I did include "etc.". Obviously this "love" dancing can expand to almost any genre. The problem is that you would have to search far and wide to find this kind of passionate dancing in Soca clubs, as well as hip-hop, reggaeton and dancehall clubs. Thus it is fair to suggest that passionate dancing is not suited to these genres. In my opinion Soca is too fast-paced to be as passionate. Im more inclined to agree with you when it comes to Calypso because of the tempo, not really the lyrical content.

I mention Zouk (especially Zouk-love)/Kizomba, Lovers Rock, Salsa because these genres were were inspired by the romance/passion between a man and a woman in the early stages of their development. They still continue this with lyrics and dancing.
    Soca has all different paces, not just fast. Calypso can have loving lyrical content as well, depending on the song. My understanding is that calypso actually had man facing woman dance in origin...

I hardly ever go to clubs so my comments aren't really revolving around them. It's not like certain clubs are going to be inclined to play the romantic tunes. But also, let's not act like man wining behind woman can't be romantic. The man can hold the woman romantically from behind. It's those who so into daggering that just can't see it...
    Last edited by dollbabi; 10-31-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast