Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Can a Dominican or anyone who has been to Dominica

  1. #1
    TC
    Steuuuupssss! TC is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    In de sky
    Posts
    16,101
    Credits
    1,296,732

    Can a Dominican or anyone who has been to Dominica

    please tell be the best and easiest way to get to Dominica from anywhere in the USA, Europe or South America. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Earth Angel dollbabi's Avatar dollbabi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    36,627
    Credits
    74,804,093
    Not sure whether this is the best or easiest for you, but you can go through SJU, Puerto Rico.

  3. #3
    TC
    Steuuuupssss! TC is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    In de sky
    Posts
    16,101
    Credits
    1,296,732
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    Not sure whether this is the best or easiest for you, but you can go through SJU, Puerto Rico.
    Thank you kindly. I've been to Puerto Rico before, it's fairly straightforward for me to get there. I could make my way from there. Thank you for the info.

  4. #4
    Registered User SKBai1991's Avatar SKBai1991 is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,780
    Credits
    11,357,279
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    Not sure whether this is the best or easiest for you, but you can go through SJU, Puerto Rico.
    I'm not so sure about that anymore. American Eagle closed their hub at San Juan so there aren't any more flights by them. You may have to fly in to one of the other islands (St Maarten, Barbados, Guadeloupe or Antigua) and fly in via LIAT.
    "sa ki ta'w sé ta'w, la rivié pé pa chayé'l "


    Father, before mi mind get bad
    Betta yuh flip it round and mek mi mind get mad
    Mi prefer fi work hard everyday fi achieve mi goals
    Nah grudge nobody fi dem own

  5. #5
    Registered User Vye Negre is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,015
    Credits
    17,193,571
    The standard route from the UK is Antigua/Barbados then on to Liat to D A, but Liat has a notoriously bad service provision to Dominica - I prefer to fly to St. Lucia then get the 'L'express des iles' ferry. The ferry option also cuts out the legnthy drive from Melville Hall to town.
    Lucianite and TC like this.

  6. #6
    Sagattarius notorious saga's Avatar notorious saga is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    OnYuhMuddaBamsie
    Posts
    10,182
    Credits
    38,178,020

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by TC View Post
    please tell be the best and easiest way to get to Dominica from anywhere in the USA, Europe or South America. Thanks.
    This is the easiest way that worked for me (see pic below), that place is hard to get to if you don't have some kind of connections. you will still have a short lay over in Antigua before reaching your destination though.


    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

  7. #7
    Registered User Lucianite is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    7,579
    Credits
    82,398,092
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious saga View Post
    This is the easiest way that worked for me (see pic below), that place is hard to get to if you don't have some kind of connections. you will still have a short lay over in Antigua before reaching your destination though.



    LOL - A cruise might be safer albeit slower means and you can whale watch

  8. #8
    Registered User Lucianite is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    7,579
    Credits
    82,398,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Vye Negre View Post
    The standard route from the UK is Antigua/Barbados then on to Liat to D A, but Liat has a notoriously bad service provision to Dominica - I prefer to fly to St. Lucia then get the 'L'express des iles' ferry. The ferry option also cuts out the legnthy drive from Melville Hall to town.

    didn't know about the ferry - something to consider for future

  9. #9
    Earth Angel dollbabi's Avatar dollbabi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    36,627
    Credits
    74,804,093
    Quote Originally Posted by SKBai1991 View Post
    I'm not so sure about that anymore. American Eagle closed their hub at San Juan so there aren't any more flights by them. You may have to fly in to one of the other islands (St Maarten, Barbados, Guadeloupe or Antigua) and fly in via LIAT.
    Not an issue. San Juan is now using Seaborne, so there are daily flights to Dominica.

    See here: How to Get Here : Discover Dominica, the Nature Island (thanks Klang)

  10. #10
    Real Patriot Klang's Avatar Klang is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    1,757
    Credits
    1,715,063
    i really vex all u answer her you know
    i only promote dominica's culture...who vex loss.........

  11. #11
    Earth Angel dollbabi's Avatar dollbabi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    36,627
    Credits
    74,804,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Klang View Post
    i really vex all u answer her you know
    you too miserable.
    TC likes this.

  12. #12
    TC
    Steuuuupssss! TC is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    In de sky
    Posts
    16,101
    Credits
    1,296,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Klang View Post
    i really vex all u answer her you know
    : Klang move yuh tail from here nah!

  13. #13
    where de crix Oneshot's Avatar Oneshot is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brick City, NJ
    Posts
    24,667
    Credits
    40,139,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Klang View Post
    i really vex all u answer her you know
    yes i dread, even after i ansa her in de oda thread

  14. #14
    TC
    Steuuuupssss! TC is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    In de sky
    Posts
    16,101
    Credits
    1,296,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Klang View Post
    i really vex all u answer her you know
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    yes i dread, even after i ansa her in de oda thread
    Thankfully not all Dominicans I have encountered are not as shortsighted and miserable like you two. This thread is nit only for my benefit...it is for all who can read and would be interested in visiting the place.

  15. #15
    Registered User antiguad is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Antigua
    Posts
    1,152
    Credits
    42,073,171
    Direct flight to Antigua or Barbados. Then you take a LIAT flight, of which there will be several daily to Dominica

    Of course, you COULD also go through Puerto Rico....but best to avoid that place like the plague.
    TC likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •