Thread: Can A Cynic Truly Believe In God Or Any Divine Other?

Can A Cynic Truly Believe In God Or Any Divine Other?

??

Well...didn't Hitler supposedly do what he did in the name of God?? I guess so, right? That lady that shot her son in the gun range, where i used to go did that in the name of God, according to her suicide letter

Quote Originally Posted by Triniminx View Post
    Well...didn't Hitler supposedly do what he did in the name of God?? I guess so, right? That lady that shot her son in the gun range, where i used to go did that in the name of God, according to her suicide letter
    Hitler was an athiest.

Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    Hitler was an athiest.
    steeupse, u had to make me look it up...

"Was Hitler an Atheist?
    The historical record, and Hitler's own writings and speeches, are unclear upon this point. At many points in his writings, particularly Mein Kampf, Hitler expressed an apparently religious and theistic belief that he was doing "God's will" by his persecution and planned elimination of the Jews, as in the following quotations (which, unless otherwise attributed, are taken from Mein Kampf). "

theres more...look it up

But Christianity and those holy other religions (religions that put all faith in another) requires faith in something that is not tangible. How can someone who inherently is not accepting of anything that he does not consider real put faith in something he cant hear, feel, smell, see, touch

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfAKing View Post
    ??
    yep.. if you read through the old testament, God is not the same christian God you see in the new Testament, he is wrathful, selfish God.. more like us humans - where if you do not behave you will be reprimanded.

I believe you can easier depend on the cynical nature of human beings be create actions deemed honourable, merciful than any other factor

Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    yep.. if you read through the old testament, God is not the same christian God you see in the new Testament, he is wrathful, selfish God.. more like us humans - where if you do not behave you will be reprimanded.

I believe you can easier depend on the cynical nature of human beings be create actions deemed honourable, merciful than any other factor
    true but even in the old testement, if u followed the law, u will go to heaven... Thats still something hard for a cynic to follow and adhere to... thats like waiting on a reward promised by something that is not tangible

lol...

what ah bunch of lunatics

come on folks,,tons of atrocities have been committed in the name of God.

Yes, a cynic can believe, but in time, he or she will become a changed individual (not longer a cynic).

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfAKing View Post
    true but even in the old testement, if u followed the law, u will go to heaven... Thats still something hard for a cynic to follow and adhere to... thats like waiting on a reward promised by something that is not tangible
    Exactly. God is the same God in the Old and New Testament. The law functions to show humanity our wrongdoing and thus, how we should conduct ourselves. God's purpose was to save from the very beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post

Lol

Lol
    Stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    Stop it.
    I love how people talk with such conviction.

Well, I would hope that people are convicted when they speak on a particular matter. But why yuh must laugh? So mean.

Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    Well, I would hope that people are convicted when they speak on a particular matter. But why yuh must laugh? So mean.
    Da man say selfish God.. i could only laugh yes. wha u want me to do lol.