Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can 2 people that are exactly alike be a couple

Can 2 people that are exactly alike be a couple

yeah aloes yuh boy ah play philosophical again...

Most people i know that have a great relationship.. are very different. They have something in common but thier personalities are different. I will take my parents for example.. My father is an outgoing flirtatous person while meh mom is a quiet reserved and serious as hell person. I believe that one would call this ying and yang. "Or people who complement each other...

Sometimes you see a couple that are exactly alike in thier personalities. Yuh have two people that are carefee or two people that are stubborn as hell. In most cases these personalities tend to clash....

My question is which situation is better. What u think ...

D'Only1
    talk bout clash. Hmmmmm. I experienced it already. You know the saying allyuh deserve each other. Man I stick with opposites attract. Never look for someone like you. The house will be a mess.

SSS
    Credits
    you always rambling some shite

D'Only1
    Originally posted by SSS
    you always rambling some shite
    I hope that comment was directed to hotpepasauce and not to my reply :freak :grabit :

Dragon
    People talk about opposite attracts. That is BS if you donít have things in common with that person the relationship wont work

D'Only1
    that's why you date and "get to know a person". All I know, I don't want somebody like me. We will never talk to each other. I'm a hot head, I can't be with one. I need someone who can pacify a situation. Cause if both of us hotheaded, lord alone knows what will happen

Opposites do attract. Its always something about the person that keeps you interested.

Credits
    Speaking personally, I would never date someone that is just like myself, because we would never get along. I am very strong minded and can be quite demanding and stubborn as well, so my match has to be the layed back, easy going type of a man or else it would be pure madness. However, when it comes to cleansiness, I need someone that is just like me, because I dislike anyone around me that is messy. Shit, that drives me nuttttttssss.

Credits
    I think both could work. Any two people could be a couple that doesn't mean your going to work out in the long run or going to have a happy relationship...I think in the end it comes down to having a solid foundation based on love, trust, and respect. Plus the willingness to want to work out differences and be willing to compromise

None of this is easy but it's worth it.

Last edited by trinisoul; 01-31-2003 at 11:23 AM.

Credits

Well

I think that the saying is true, opposites do attract. An almost perfect couple always seem to have two totally different personalities, but yet they also need to have a lot of things in common in order to enjoy each other's company...It's weird...HUMANKIND is

Credits
    does not work b/c u clash on too many things
    Some men move mountains
    Some women move men who move mountains
    Most women with mountains move some men
    But I...I am a woman who is moved by men who can get through the valley

Queen GodIs

Credits

Re: Can 2 people that are exactly alike be a couple

Originally posted by hotpepasauce
    yeah aloes yuh boy ah play philosophical again...

Most people i know that have a great relationship.. are very different. They have something in common but thier personalities are different. I will take my parents for example.. My father is an outgoing flirtatous person while meh mom is a quiet reserved and serious as hell person. I believe that one would call this ying and yang. "Or people who complement each other...

Sometimes you see a couple that are exactly alike in thier personalities. Yuh have two people that are carefee or two people that are stubborn as hell. In most cases these personalities tend to clash....

My question is which situation is better. What u think ...
    Well through experience I've realized that I prefer to be with someone that i'm not exactly alike. This way we both have something to bring to the table without always clashing. Granted, you want to be involved w/ someone that you have things in common with. But having things in common and sharing common interests and goals is different than being exactly alike. I want to be with someone that compliments me and vice versa. What I may be lacking, that person should have. If I'm with someone exactly like me then we'll both be lacking and the relationship will be lacking as well.
    Pepa..your parents may be oppisites (ying and yang)..Think about, maybe that's why their relationship is tight. You don't want to date yourself because eventually you will get bored or aggrevated because you always know what's to come.

trinitat
    Originally posted by Sugahkhayne
    does not work b/c u clash on too many things
    not always true...u may clash but as two adults, you should be able to work things out. i spent a long time with someone who was born the day after me and I am a Leo so yuh couldimagine commess. but because we loved each other, we made it work...relationships are what you and the other person make it...no more, no less!

Life is too short...Dance Naked

Credits
    well for me it did not work..my ex was born on the same day as i..and well he is and ex..so that pretty much explains it. but it might work for others.
    Some men move mountains
    Some women move men who move mountains
    Most women with mountains move some men
    But I...I am a woman who is moved by men who can get through the valley

Queen GodIs

Credits

Re: couples

I agree with Trinisoul, it's hard maintaining a relationship whether two people are alike or complete opposites.

The thing is, no matter what the situation is you have to work at it. There will be times when it's a benefit that you two are exactly alike cause then you can hang out, with each other doing things you both like to do, and enjoy each other's company but other times it'll hard to get along cause y'all may bump heads on a particular subject.

Same way if you guys are total opposites. Some things may bring you guys closer and then again some things could tear you apart.

You just have to work hard, compromise and put your best foot forward for any relationship you enter into.

Credits
    It is difficult just trying to succeed at maintaining a realtionship but if two people whether alike or not communicates freely about certain things i believe the realtionship will survive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast