Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Call me cheap: I don't give everyone TIPS

To know me is to love me tropicalbeauty's Avatar tropicalbeauty is offline
    Credits

Call me cheap: I don't give everyone TIPS

One day I went out with a friend to get my eyebrows and nails done. I paid my bill and left the store. My friend asked me if i gave a tip. I said NO. She was upset with me and said how could i have not given the people a tip. My friend gives them tips. She is in her right to do so, but i don't see why i had to give a tip when i already paid the girl for the service (the service was not cheap).

Some of you may call me cheap but i don't tip. I tip when i go to a resturant (given that i was provided with good service) Why should i pay out more money for a service that i already paid for.

Hair dressers (i do not tip). I just paid a hefty bill for that service. The shampoo girl maybe will get a tip from me.

Baggage handlers (i do tip). They make most of their pay from tips.

The woman doing my nails and eyebrows (will not get a tip from me).

I pay you $100.00 for a service so why should i on top of that give you a tip. What i have money to give away so. steups

amprincess
    uhhhh that is cheap sorry
    what u pay for the service does not directly go to the person performing said service, it goes to the salon owner who pays the employee either a certain salary or none at all. some people live off of tips alone

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by tropicalbeauty
    One day I went out with a friend to get my eyebrows and nails done. I paid my bill and left the store. My friend asked me if i gave a tip. I said NO. She was upset with me and said how could i have not given the people a tip. My friend gives them tips. She is in her right to do so, but i don't see why i had to give a tip when i already paid the girl for the service (the service was not cheap).

Some of you may call me cheap but i don't tip. I tip when i go to a resturant (given that i was provided with good service) Why should i pay out more money for a service that i already paid for.

Hair dressers (i do not tip). I just paid a hefty bill for that service. The shampoo girl maybe will get a tip from me.

I pay you $100.00 for a service so why should i on top of that give you a tip. What i have money to give away so. steups
    Waiters and waitresses like baggage handlers make most of their money on tips. Plus, you don't want to mess with anyone who handles your food.

Blu
    Credits
    Well in some cases not giving a tip is considered rude. But in some business like restaurants, you are charged a tip which is hidden/included in your bill, its like they take it from you whether you agree to give it or not and they even want to make it clear how much they want. When I get my hair and nails done, I usually give a small tip of $1-$3 and thats as far as it goes. At a restaurant I would tip just $5 depending on whether or not I was charged a service fee in my bill. Taxi drivers get $2 sometimes.

Blu
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sk gyal
    Waiters and waitresses like baggage handlers make most of their money on tips. Plus, you don't want to mess with anyone who handles your food.

Exactly.......if you develop a reputation as a non-tipper in any restaurant...look out for bad service in the future, such as long waits and make sure to inspect your food properly before you eat.

Credits
    i believe in tipping for a job well done. those people doing your nails and hair aren't making big money. most of the time, they aren't seeing half of that money you just paid out to them so tipping for good service is a good thing to do. i always tip when i get my nails done simply because the woman always does a good job & when i go back, she always remembers what i want and like. in restaurants i always tip for good service because i know for a fact that waiters and waitresses make squat in salary. tips keep them going. i just think it's cheap not to.

Credits

Cheapo....

Credits

Thats why I ain't get no tip for the foop?

Credits
    Rubber Duck cheap cheap cheap cheap

Credits
    i only don't tip when they have done a bad job, or i feel like im gettin jipped what for i already paid... other than that everyone gets a tip..

Barbados my home no matter where ever I go
    Credits
    I live in the UK - its not the culture / norm here to tip, so there is no need, god knows that the british people are over charged for everything so why should I tip.

I can't even afford to go to places where tippin is an option - Nando's and KFC for me, lol

I just don't have the money to tip

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sk gyal
    Rubber Duck cheap cheap cheap cheap

sharkie
    steupss, i eh wukkin no whey. dey eh gettin no tip from me.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkbait
    steupss, i eh wukkin no whey. dey eh gettin no tip from me.
    el cheapo # 2

sharkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekeisha2
    el cheapo # 2
    hell yeah. yuh eh hear mih say i eh wukkin no where

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast