Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BULLA and JAMAICA

Credits
    Lol, what is that?

Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA
    I remember telling a JAMAICAN that he is a BULLA.

He said, YO STARRRR, WHEY YUH AH DEAL WID???

I MAN DOH EAT BULLA WIDOUT CHEESE.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppa_Toppa
    ENT girl!

So I could walk up tuh a Jamaican fella an call him a Bullah n he ain go know no better.
    well maybe not one that lives in flatbush................but go call your boyfriend a bulla and tell me what he says.(he might smile)
    “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–which is:
    Try to please everybody” Herbert Bayard Swope

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by elq
    riiiiight.

http://barbados.allinfoabout.com/badwords.html
    to be bullin'- used as an adjective to say that someone has homosexual tendencies e.g: He just so bullin'

to bull- to engage in sexual relations with another man

to get bull- when referring to a female it means to engage in anal sex

to get bulled- to get raped by another man

Bulla- Homosexual man

Bullaman - same as above

Now let's look at Jamaican slang:
    http://www.royalcaribbeanbakery.com/vibes.htm
    BULLA: It's that tasty "moon-shaped" cake which is made up of among other things good strong Jamaican ginger.
    My point is that you will not find any slangs in Jamaica that we might have gotten from another island ... whereas the other islands use our slangs. We influence the other islands way more than they influence us. Whether thats a good thing or not I do not know. But its true.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TehrryCherry
    Wuk on changing wha???? I bet if It was published in the papers of Trinbago and Jamaica what a Bullah/Buller is in both countries, Jamaica will be the first one to change the meaning of their Bullah!
    So you really think Jamaican do not know? We know ... we just don't care.

Credits
    And mu Jamaican friend be laughing at some of the names we have for things in Grenada. Said that we backword for calling sugar apple that it should be called sweet sop. I disagree

Quote Originally Posted by fiyah
    A bulla is a thick, flat pastry.

How unno come up wid a bulla being a battyman? Since unno using our term battyman and fassy why unno nuh just adopt the rest of our slangs since unno love them so much?

TC
    Credits
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Toppa_Toppa
    We might only use it fuh so! N the only time we might use allyuh clot family is if we ketching kicks offa dem. Those words don't mean jack to us.

Yeh right .... if I go Trinidad now ah hearing them words ... especially in unno dancehall laden clubs!! De selectahs in dem clubs bawling out "More Fiyah!" and "Pull Up!" and "Raaassscclllaaaatttt!!!!" ... I nevah hear a Jamaican saying "Haul yuh muddah"
    Yeh right .... if I go Trinidad now ah hearing them words ... especially in unno dancehall laden clubs!! De selectahs in dem clubs bawling out "More Fiyah!" and "Pull Up!" and "Raaassscclllaaaatttt!!!!" ... I nevah hear a Jamaican saying "Haul yuh muddah"

Fact is allyuh clot words really do not have the same significance to us as it does to Jamaicans.Toppa is right.

Credits
    Honestly..we doh really say allyuh clot schupidness. Honest!
    I know Trinis dat sey it. And there are Trinis in Trinidad dat saying it Friday and Saturday night at the club. So haul yuh ...

Toppa_Toppa
    My point is that you will not find any slangs in Jamaica that we might have gotten from another island ... whereas the other islands use our slangs. We influence the other islands way more than they influence us. Whether thats a good thing or not I do not know. But its true.
    Fiyah yuh have absolutely no proof of that so hush yuh modda ass. You can't say that a certain word originated in Ja and spread to the other islands. N doh come with no clot schupidness cause I know plenty Jamaicans say "modda C^nt".

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TehrryCherry
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Toppa_Toppa
    We might only use it fuh so! N the only time we might use allyuh clot family is if we ketching kicks offa dem. Those words don't mean jack to us.

Fact is allyuh clot words really do not have the same significance to us as it does to Jamaicans.Toppa is right.
    I eh keh!!! Yuh using dem still!!! Jamaicans sey anything unnu sey?! NO!!!

Toppa_Toppa
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinadian
    well maybe not one that lives in flatbush................but go call your boyfriend a bulla and tell me what he says.(he might smile)
    lol Nah he go ask meh wha ah mean first.

Toppa_Toppa
    I eh keh!!! Yuh using dem still!!! Jamaicans sey anything unnu sey?! NO!!!
    I does hear plenty ah allyuh sayign modda c^nt n ah ain talkign bout the ones on IMIX!

TC
    Credits
    Fiyah yuh have absolutely no proof of that so hush yuh modda ass. You can't say that a certain word originated in Ja and spread to the other islands. N doh come with no clot schupidness cause I know plenty Jamaicans say "modda C^nt".

°DEAD°

Toppa_Toppa
    So you really think Jamaican do not know? We know ... we just don't care.
    Fiyah...YOU don't care? Fiyah everytime somebody say Bullah here yuh blood pressure does raise.

Credits
    First off ... no Jamaican says "modda ################". If you hear one saying dat, question where him come from. Him probably born ah Flatbush and get it from dem Trinis. Jamaicans say "suck yuh modda".

I have proof of the dancehall in the clubs. From the horses mouth. Trinis tell me dat!! And it is true .. just cause you don't go out in Trinidad ...

Blu
    Credits
    I never heard of "Pull Up" - What does it mean?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast