Thread: Brooklyn Woman Murdered - Random Act of Violence

I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Credits

Brooklyn Woman Murdered - Random Act of Violence

Brooklyn man nabbed for deadly stab

BY JOTHAM SEDERSTROM
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Sunday, March 2nd 2008, 4:00 AM

A Brooklyn man was arrested in the fatal stabbing of a woman on a street in Prospect Lefferts Gardens Saturday morning, police and witnesses said.

Nagibe Alhaj, 35, was arrested a short distance from where the unidentified victim was found on Maple St., police said.

She was dead on arrival at Kings County Hospital after the 10:35 a.m. attack.

Two women identifying themselves as the victim's sisters said she was the mother of four children, and a hardworking immigrant who came to New York seeking success.

The victim was stabbed repeatedly in the neck and head - and was covered in blood and barely able to speak when a local man came to her aid.

"It was tragic," said Rodney Parker, 48, who tried to help her when she collapsed near his property. "All she could say was, 'Help, help.'"

Neighborhood resident Douglas Haywoode, 64, said he heard screams along Maple St., which is filled with single-family homes, before police and emergency medical personnel arrived.

There was no word from police on a motive, although the victim's purse was lying just a few feet from where she collapsed - making a mugging unlikely.

Alhaj lives nearby on Flatbush Ave.

The dead woman's sisters said she was on her way to breakfast when she was attacked.

This woman was my aunt. Corrections to this story: Her throat was slit. She wasn't stabbed multiple times. And no, she was not on her way to breakfast.

She was really a hardworking woman who came to this country for a better life for herself and her four children. Although we weren't as close as we could've been, it hurts me beyond words can explain. She was only 47 years old and her life was tragically cut short by a mentally deranged man. She was really in the wrong place at the wrong time.

R.I.P. Auntie B
    Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

Credits
    This is so sad. I'm sorry about your loss.

Credits
    F*cked up on so many levels. Capital Punishment is needed in this case. My thoughts to you and yours Ms 69.

Credits
    Whoa this is soo sad. My condolences
    This could be anyone's mother, sister, daughter
    May she rest in peace
    God Bless..

Credits
    sorry to hear that, my condolences
    Booty caresser

Credits
    So sad, I send my deepest condolences. May she rest in peace, and may this man rot in hell for what he has done!

$ CASH MONEY PROMOTIONS$ Dark & Lovely's Avatar Dark & Lovely is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms.69 View Post

BY JOTHAM SEDERSTROM
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

A Brooklyn man was arrested in the fatal stabbing of a woman on a street in Prospect Lefferts Gardens Saturday morning, police and witnesses said.

Nagibe Alhaj, 35, was arrested a short distance from where the unidentified victim was found on Maple St., police said.

Two women identifying themselves as the victim's sisters said she was the mother of four children, and a hardworking immigrant who came to New York seeking success.

The victim was stabbed repeatedly in the neck and head - and was covered in blood and barely able to speak when a local man came to her aid.

"It was tragic," said Rodney Parker, 48, who tried to help her when she collapsed near his property. "All she could say was, 'Help, help.'"

Neighborhood resident Douglas Haywoode, 64, said he heard screams along Maple St., which is filled with single-family homes, before police and emergency medical personnel arrived.

There was no word from police on a motive, although the victim's purse was lying just a few feet from where she collapsed - making a mugging unlikely.

The dead woman's sisters said she was on her way to breakfast when she was attacked.

This woman was my aunt. Corrections to this story: Her throat was slit. She wasn't stabbed multiple times. And no, she was not on her way to breakfast.

She was really a hardworking woman who came to this country for a better life for herself and her four children. Although we weren't as close as we could've been, it hurts me beyond words can explain. She was only 47 years old and her life was tragically cut short by a mentally deranged man. She was really in the wrong place at the wrong time.

R.I.P. Auntie B

Sooooo sorry to hear about this....My deepest condolences.......

Credits
    So sorry for your loss, may you and your family hold fast thru this tuff time.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    My condolences goes out to you and your family

Credits

Sorry for your loss

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.69 View Post

BY JOTHAM SEDERSTROM
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

R.I.P. Auntie B
    Accept my condolences!
    I want me rum in de morning...

Credits
    WOW, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

Credits
    Sorry to hear this girl.

“I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–which is:
    Try to please everybody” Herbert Bayard Swope

T-MAKAA
    This is a crazy story that only came on Channel 12 Brooklyn News.

Either way Ms. 69, I think my mother met your cousin, which is your aunts son of course on Church Avenue today. He told her about the story which she had saw on the news earlier in the day. He didnt even know her, but I guess he just had to talk to someone at that time. My mother is in shock and she doesnt even know anyone in your family, so I can try to imagine how you and your family feels.

My condolences.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post

Either way Ms. 69, I think my mother met your cousin, which is your aunts son of course on Church Avenue today. He told her about the story which she had saw on the news earlier in the day. He didnt even know her, but I guess he just had to talk to someone at that time. My mother is in shock and she doesnt even know anyone in your family, so I can try to imagine how you and your family feels.

My condolences.

Honestly this situation has my head all f***** up....I'm like a completely different person.....just about everyone in the family feels the same way...it realy hasnt hit me too hard yet...I don't think it will until I see her at the viewing this Friday...and yeah, my aunt has 3 sons but i think i know which one might be the one that was talking to your mom. It most likely was the eldest, because he is taking it the hardest and needs to vent the most. Anyway, because of this, whenever I'm outside, I'm constantly looking over my shoulder and listening for footsteps. I'm about to start carrying my knife again. I wouldn't wish this kind of grief on my worst enemy.

To everyone else, thanks for the kind words of comfort.....I absolutely appreciate it....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post

My condolences.
    I also wanted to make a comment about this statement: Although the other stations "covered" the incident, News 12 was the only station that repeated it throughout the day and actually had more to say on the situation. All I know, if my aunt was white and was killed by a crazed black man, there would still be coverage up until today. But anyway, different topic for a different time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast