Thread: Brooklyn Death - Dominican Student

Credits

Brooklyn Death - Dominican Student

NEW YORK - Police believe a woman found dead in her burning basement apartment was killed.

Investigators have determined that 22-year-old Shevon Jones had a laceration on the left-front side of her neck.

Her body was discovered Sunday night by police and firefighters responding to the fire at her Brooklyn apartment. Police have made no arrests.

real sad situation, crazy girl, she was studying biomedical engineering at CCNY.. I feel for her mom though.. I think she may be her moms only one..

Credits
    disregard

Harlem Murder

Credits
    Slain Brooklyn woman ID'd

A woman found dead with her throat slashed when authorities responded to a fire in her Brooklyn apartment was identified last night as Shevon Jones.

Jones, 22, of Forbell St., East New York, was found tied to a bed with a belt, police sources said. Police and firefighters responded to reports of a fire at the apartment shortly before 9p.m. Sunday. No arrests were made as of last night.

Credits
    wow... Very sad. My heart goes out.

Credits
    oh damn..she was tied to a bed!! I hope the police find leads to catch whoever did that
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    R.i.p Shevon Gonna Miss Ur Crazy Ass!

Brooklyn.Flatbush"11226" –Kings county Borough (home to the largest Islanders,west-Indian, Caribbean community living aboard from home)state of statue of liberty,movein to Europe OCT '12
    Credits
    that crazy
    I would like to Thank all the fake haitians, who came out during the west-indian parade, but who has no roots to Haiti island ,and no haitian accent !!!!!!
    Thanks again see you phony people next year !!!!!!! ,2013.

(Ayisien,we going to build it nice after the earthq"ke,R.i.p)

I'm on canal street buying me a Louie belt with my creole Beyonce',B.Gumbal,Lil Fizz ....dont get it twisted haters canal st in new orleans at saks not ny where them fake louie sells

Credits
    CCNY BME sophomore Shevon Jones, a once vibrant member of the track team, was found violently murdered in her home Sunday night.

She was discovered when police and firefighters arrived to put stop the fire emanating from her burning Brooklyn apartment. The fire is now guessed by those who knew her to have been started by the same person who ended her life.

Murder was deduced because Jones was found in the most horrific state. Investigators found a laceration (a jagged, irregular cut) on the left-front side of her neck, according to The Associated Press. Her friend Simone Hartley further shared that Shevon was found hanging from a belt, naked.

"Everyone knew Shevon," said a nearly tearing Hartley. The 22-year-old Shevon was known to be a friendly but cautious person. "She would call the police if she got into an argument in the street," shared Hartley. "So we don't know what happened this time."

The last time her neighbors saw her was Thursday, when they spotted her arguing with a young man outside of her home. According to Hartley, the confrontation was said to be almost violent, each side threatening to slap the other.

Shevon's close circle of friends have some suspects in mind but nothing is definite. The police have not made any arrests related to the case and most sources have been very reticent on the issue.

Hartley and Shevon's other friends are working to do a memorial service on campus this Thursday. They have reached out to the Finley Student Center and the Undergraduate Student Government for help. The details of the service will be forthcoming.

The Campus mourns the death of yet another member of the CCNY community and calls upon everyone to give a moment to Shevon and the other great hearts we've lost this semester. Let us hope for better news in the coming weeks.

For the Record: Harley says that Shevon was taking a semester leave from school this fall. According to the CCNY registrar, Shevon was last registered for classes in Fall 2006. Although she is not technically considered a CCNY student any longer, The Campus counts Shevon as a member of the community and hopes that no one would slight her connection to the school on the account of her leave.

CCNY Student Found Brutally Murdered - News
    Last edited by Oneshot; 11-01-2007 at 07:35 AM.