Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bringing your own meat at BBQ's

Credits

Bringing your own meat at BBQ's

Earlier today, some coworker and I were having a discussion about eating out and stuff. At some point the conversation turned to BBQ's and someone mentioned that he went to A BBQ and brought his own meat. I was like: WTH? then I learned that it is apparently quite customary for people to be told to bring their own food and drinks at BBQ's. We were not talking about the type of gathering where each brings something for all to share, but events were each person brings their own food and drink. One even said at the when invites folks for dinner parties at his house he asks them 50$ at the end of the night to cover the expenses.

I honestly couldn't believe it.
    Chen ki japé pa mòde!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Poca View Post
    Earlier today, some coworker and I were having a discussion about eating out and stuff. At some point the conversation turned to BBQ's and someone mentioned that he went to A BBQ and brought his own meat. I was like: WTH? then I learned that it is apparently quite customary for people to be told to bring their own food and drinks at BBQ's. We were not talking about the type of gathering where each brings something for all to share, but events were each person brings their own food and drink. One even said at the when invites folks for dinner parties at his house he asks them 50$ at the end of the night to cover the expenses.

Wtf at bolded .. That should be something told upfront

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Poca View Post

what race are these people?
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend- Arabic proverb

Credits
    never heard of this before, must be a white ppl fing wi

Credits
    What kinda people you working with Poca? I hope this give you some insight not to attend anything they're having if invited.

Credits
    some people just raised differently, with different standards....
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

LB
    Credits
    Times hard ain't

That's right up there with asking for gas money if you drive.

If I have to pay for my meal at your home, I will kindly take my $50 to my favourite restaurant.
    Lucianite, bktrini305 and mz_JazE like this.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LB View Post
    Times hard ain't

If I have to pay for my meal at your home, I will kindly take my $50 to my favourite restaurant.
    white people flex DIFFERENT tho...they don't mind doing shit like that...that's NORMAL for them

i have a friend, she Black, but she par with mostly white people, husband is white too....whatever she need or want, she get on facebook and just ASK for it....maaannnnn...the way them white people step up to give it, is nothing short of AMAZING...

her birthday was last week, she asked for people to send money to her paypal account so she can go see Stevie Wonder in Las Vegas, meanwhile, she living in California right now...sho nuff...she got her bday gift....

when she first gave birth to her twins and needed help, she got on facebook, and asked for help with cooking, laundry and caring for the twins....sho nuff, she got that too

honestly, i WISH Black people were more like that, where you can ask and receive with no judgement
    mz_JazE likes this.
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    white people flex DIFFERENT tho...they don't mind doing shit like that...that's NORMAL for them

i have a friend, she Black, but she par with mostly white people, husband is white too....whatever she need or want, she get on facebook and just ASK for it....maaannnnn...the way them white people step up to give it, is nothing short of AMAZING...

her birthday was last week, she asked for people to send money to her paypal account so she can go see Stevie Wonder in Las Vegas, meanwhile, she living in California right now...sho nuff...she got her bday gift....

when she first gave birth to her twins and needed help, she got on facebook, and asked for help with cooking, laundry and caring for the twins....sho nuff, she got that too

honestly, i WISH Black people were more like that, where you can ask and receive with no judgement
    Now this part I can deal with. If ppl are your friends they will step into the gap at a time like that. And ppl love to help but sometimes dont know exactly what you need so its good to put that out there.

But for the rest....you got to be kidding me? I cannot make those movements. I have a Chinese friend who does that kind of thing. Even posts on FB if ANYONE who come babysit her kids. I'm like WTF? But trust me when I say our other friends who are white chat her behind her back lawd

Credits
    Times hard ain't

But whats wrong with asking for gas money?
    If me and someone going the same way and i give them a drop, and its along my route... i could understand..
    but if i goin outta my way to give someone a drop, the droppee should at least offer the dropper some money for gas...
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    Now this part I can deal with. If ppl are your friends they will step into the gap at a time like that. And ppl love to help but sometimes dont know exactly what you need so its good to put that out there.

But for the rest....you got to be kidding me? I cannot make those movements. I have a Chinese friend who does that kind of thing. Even posts on FB if ANYONE who come babysit her kids. I'm like WTF? But trust me when I say our other friends who are white chat her behind her back lawd

lol....i saw my friend asked for babysitting once on facebook.....i had to raise my eyebrow at that

maannnnn...i would love to set up a gofundme account and be able to beg my facebook friends fi likkle money....i see white people do that shit all the damn time

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello BKLYN View Post
    If me and someone going the same way and i give them a drop, and its along my route... i could understand..
    but if i goin outta my way to give someone a drop, the droppee should at least offer the dropper some money for gas...
    why you so damn CHEAP HB....

lol

that's why me nuh beg ride from nobody...mi walk wid mi taxi fare lol

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    why you so damn CHEAP HB....

lol

that's why me nuh beg ride from nobody...mi walk wid mi taxi fare lol
    loll.. if someone give me a drop, i always offer gas money, unless its close family members
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello BKLYN View Post
    Sorry, wouldnt even occur to me to ask or accept gas money offered pass the age of 21 If I am willing to give you a ride then it's all good.

The $5 dollar gas donation isnt necessary. It's kinda annoying actually. Just buy me a latte or a drink the next time we hang out and we are cool. When you have friends who appreciate what the other does for the next, everything evens itself out in the wash. No need to score keep.
    dollbabi likes this.

Credits
    Yes they were white, Quebecois whites. I was really stunned
    Chen ki japé pa mòde!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast