Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bringing back Liquor from travels

CocoErotika

bringing back Liquor from travels

when I travel, that is one of the most important things to me. I like to do tours to explore th country and I must eat the foods and drink the liquor of the country.

How much alcohol do you bring back? Or what do you tend to bring back from other countries?

Liquor and the coffee are top for me. next is pepper sauce.

I just got back from Mexico. they have great alcohol...OMG! I came back with 13 full bottles and 10 sample bottles

and yes I travel light and pack extra luggage to come back heavy.

I made this drink last night with the Mexican almond liqueur, their coconut rum and sour mix...OMG heaven. I was just trying a thing and it worked

Credits
    I always sample the local fare and the restaurant quality food.. Always get a few drinks.. Don't drink beer so I never sample that.. Always bring back liquor.... But I always try to bring back something that captures the spirit of the place in some form... Souvenir artwork or somethinng along those lines... But somehow I always seem to end up with food on the plane lol.. Not payin 10 dollars for toast! But one place u can't bring back rum from... Grenada.. Doh try to bring back jack iron or u will end up on de terrorist list!!!
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Spranga
    the part that sux is when u dont wanna open the bottle, u wanna collect. so i get 2

CocoErotika
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    I always sample the local fare and the restaurant quality food.. Always get a few drinks.. Don't drink beer so I never sample that.. Always bring back liquor.... But I always try to bring back something that captures the spirit of the place in some form... Souvenir artwork or somethinng along those lines... But somehow I always seem to end up with food on the plane lol.. Not payin 10 dollars for toast! But one place u can't bring back rum from... Grenada.. Doh try to bring back jack iron or u will end up on de terrorist list!!!
    how will they know? Even in the places that open up your suitcases I always bring back over 10 bottles and roll them up in the dirty clothes.

why what's up with jack iron...what's that?

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Spranga View Post
    the part that sux is when u dont wanna open the bottle, u wanna collect. so i get 2
    i do the same thing. I always want one bottle that I dont touch until I am ready to return again

whatever a country is known for, rum, beer, wine, liquers is what I bring back but I have an affinity for rum and liquers.

i also take with me Canadian Ice Wine many times I travel. You'd be amazed how willing ppl are to swap bottles from other countries.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

CocoErotika
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug View Post
    i do the same thing. I always want one bottle that I dont touch until I am ready to return again

whatever a country is known for, rum, beer, wine, liquers is what I bring back but I have an affinity for rum and liquers.

i also take with me Canadian Ice Wine many times I travel. You'd be amazed how willing ppl are to swap bottles from other countries.
    swap bottles? who are you swapping with? that sounds very interesting. being that people from all over the world be at resorts...hmmm

Credits
    I doh do that... I eh living in the bush if ah want it ah could get it whey ah is.

Wha you doing in Mexico though?

LB
    Credits
    nah, even at resorts they are willing to trade if it isnt something they dont have I find. I just mention to the head bartender that I have Ice Wine with me and if they are interested. 9 times out of 10 they say yes. Canada is known for Ice Wine plus it isnt cheap so they are normally happy to say yes and barter.

a few times this worked with ppl that happened to get to know in a place as well.

Credits
    nah, even at resorts they are willing to trade if it isnt something they dont have I find..
    You really do that?

To each his own yes; I find that is really odd behaviour.

CocoErotika
    Quote Originally Posted by Steupz View Post
    I doh do that... I eh living in the bush if ah want it ah could get it whey ah is.

Wha you doing in Mexico though?
    you must live in a bush then because you cant get everything everywhere that's for sure. and liquor is usually cheaper in the country of origin.

I brought back 2 bottles of Mezcal with the worm (they also have one with a scorpion) in the bottom. you cannot get that in the US

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Steupz View Post
    You really do that?

To each his own yes; I find that is really odd behaviour.
    ~shrug~

you may all do all-inclusives resorts and maybe that is why. But I dont stay at AI's. Non-AI hotels and villas dont even flinch. plus you dont just say it to anyone. You decide who after talking for a while.

all I know is ppl light up when I say I have Ice Wine. i used to take it just to drink it for myself on vakay but once i mentioned what I had to drink for myself and the person asked for a trade. So i started from then. no biggie

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoErotika View Post
    you must live in a bush then because you cant get everything everywhere that's for sure. and liquor is usually cheaper in the country of origin.

I brought back 2 bottles of Mezcal with the worm (they also have one with a scorpion) in the bottom. you cannot get that in the US
    and that is why it gets a favourable reaction. When you have something they dont or cant normally get their hands on they are more than willing. It is a win-win situation. Plus I am a fan of bartering in general. If it was in poor taste so many ppl wouldnt say yes to it.

Credits
    ~shrug~

you may all do all-inclusives resorts and maybe that is why. But I dont stay at AI's. Non-AI hotels and villas dont even flinch. plus you dont just say it to anyone. You decide who after talking for a while.

all I know is ppl light up when I say I have Ice Wine. i used to take it just to drink it for myself on vakay but once i mentioned what I had to drink for myself and the person asked for a trade. So i started from then. no biggie
    Yes i do AI's and now you've explained it, I understand a bit more.
    Because I wondered what made you do it the first time.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoErotika View Post

I see what yuh saying, but I doh want that.

Credits
    Coco...jack iron rum is the only rum in which ice SINKS... And they don't allow it on planes cos it is highly flammable.. So unless u.. And de rest of the plane want to be live fireworks.. Highly inadvisable!!!
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast