Thread: Brian Lara, Machel Montano inspire youngsters

Gladiator

Thumbs up Brian Lara, Machel Montano inspire youngsters

Sometimes we must post the positives and not just the negatives from our country.

Lara, Machel inspire young campers
    By VERDEL BISHOP Saturday, August 15 2009

Machel, in his motivational chat, told the campers they must understand how important it is to be alive and enjoy life. He told them to find their purpose in life and become the best at what ever it is they wanted to do.

He said: “I found my purpose in life from a young age. When I was born I was not given life. I was born with no heart beat, no life. But I survived because God give me a chance to live. You are alive today and you have opportunities to live a purposeful life. You must begin to achieve your goals from a young age.

“If there is something you love to do you have to focus and be the best that you can be it, whether it is writing poems, or music or dancing, if you like something, you should be the best at it,” Machel said.

The soca star then engaged the happy campers in a medley of his hit songs, encouraging feedback from the excited youngsters by inviting them to sing and dance. One camper, identified only as Moses captured the spotlight, when he was called up to dance and went on to sing one of US entertainer’s Chris Brown’s songs.

Machel wrapped up his session by distributing copies of his Boy Boy And The Magic Drum story book to the campers, as well as a newly published Boy Boy and the Magic Drum activity book.

More excitement followed when Lara took the youngsters outdoors for a game of cricket, and gave them tips on the fundamentals of the game.

Trinidad and Tobago's Newsday : newsday.co.tt :
    Last edited by Gladiator; 08-17-2009 at 09:02 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant View Post
    Sometimes we must post the positives and not just the negatives from our country.

Machel wrapped up his session by distributing copies of his Boy Boy And The Magic Drum story book to the campers, as well as a newly published Boy Boy and the Magic Drum activity book.
    awwwwwwww

Credits
    Naughtyshawtie likes this.
    Living like Peggy, plotting like Joan

Credits
    Ah see yuh copying de lil YanKKKee boy like a Follow Fashion Trini:
    U.S. boy sets up website specializing in good news_English_Xinhua

Spranga
    good upbuilding thread

Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by marabunta View Post
    Ah see yuh copying de lil YanKKKee boy like a Follow Fashion Trini:
    U.S. boy sets up website specializing in good news_English_Xinhua
    yuh not easy

Credits
    Nice. I find whatever Machel's faults he's always trying to motivate the kids in general and make sure that some of them are ready to pick up the torch culturally.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    Hoss like you eh know is Trinidad yuh talking about or what Trinidadians will find a away to talk bad about any and everything under the sun. couple weeks ago yuh save a little child from getting hit by a car and deh all praises and glorifying yuh, leh yuh do as much a thief ah sweety this week and yuh is the wickedest person in T&T. we like it so

Anywayz big up machel and lara, good looking out.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Credits
    Very, very nice:

Machel, in his motivational chat, told the campers they must understand how important it is to be alive and enjoy life. He told them to find their purpose in life and become the best at what ever it is they wanted to do.

“If there is something you love to do you have to focus and be the best that you can be it, whether it is writing poems, or music or dancing, if you like something, you should be the best at it,” Machel said.

And I like the all the pictures I saw from the link.
    Big up Lara and Machel. Proud of you guys. These youth needed moments like this.
    When You Get.. Give.... When you learn... teach (Maya Angelou)

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    Let us work with others to change our communities.

Credits
    Lieutenant good idea. Don't be shy to bless us with more threads such as these eh.
    When You Get.. Give.... When you learn... teach (Maya Angelou)

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    Let us work with others to change our communities.

Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious saga View Post
    Hoss like you eh know is Trinidad yuh talking about or what Trinidadians will find a away to talk bad about any and everything under the sun. couple weeks ago yuh save a little child from getting hit by a car and deh all praises and glorifying yuh, leh yuh do as much a thief ah sweety this week and yuh is the wickedest person in T&T. we like it so

Anywayz big up machel and lara, good looking out.
    yuh see it ! Thats why I say some people just love drama and bad news..

Gladiator
    Brian Lara to deliver an independence message today..