Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Breaking news!! Veronica campbell smith tests positive for masking agent!

Credits

Breaking news!! Veronica campbell smith tests positive for masking agent!

**************BREAKING NEWS********************

t's VCB... Olympic Medallist Veronica CampbellTests Positive For Banned Substance

Andre Lowe, Senior Staff Reporter

Jamaican track star Veronica Campbell-Brown has been tested positive for a banned substance.

Campbell-Brown was tested positive at the Jamaica Invitational Meet on May 4.

Campbell-Brown's A sample revealed the presence of a diuretic, which acts as a masking agent and is banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency.

Diuretics are used to cause the excess release fluids from the body primarily through urination, as a result, decreasing the ability to detect performance enhancement drugs.

She travelled to Montreal, Canada with her management team on Thursday ahead of the B sample results, which today confirmed the positive finding.

Campbell-Brown was informed of the finding on June 3 and her sponsors have reportedly since been updated.

The International Association of Athletics Federations is expected to make an announcement early next week.
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Not a good look for Jamaican Track & Field!
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    Really shocked by the news. She is one of my fav female JA athlete.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    Maybe she has a medical condition, which warrants the use of diuretic? For all we know, she and her staff didn't know whatever medication she was taken contained the substance or that it was a banned substance for that matter.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by trini2heart View Post
    Really shocked by the news. She is one of my fav female JA athlete.
    Personally I prefer Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce. Maybe it was the pressure of trying to keep up with Shelly-Ann who has taken her sprinting crown that led VCB to this, who knows?
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!

Credits
    Diuretics are typically called masking agents in sports. The term is a misnomer, as diuretics do not actually mask anything. However, they conceal the presence of performance-enhancing drugs by helping to flush them from the body through increased urination. Using this effect, an athlete could use Xipamide to help remove traces of banned substances prior to a doping control

We have to wait to see how her team replies.

Credits
    Athletes know that whatever medication they are taking, can be listed on a form provided by WADA. Even if you're unsure if it's on the banned list, there a resources they provide to cross reference. No excuse for this.
    Socapro and ladyrastafari like this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    Maybe she has a medical condition, which warrants the use of diuretic? For all we know, she and her staff didn't know whatever medication she was taken contained the substance or that it was a banned substance for that matter.
    You really believe if she was taking medication for a medical condition that she would be that naive? Are you volunteering to be her lawyer or something?
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by trini2heart View Post
    Athletes know that whatever medication they are taking, can be listed on a form provided by WADA. Even if you're unsure if it's on the banned list, there a resources they provide to cross reference. No excuse for this.
    Yup.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Lol@Trinis happy for the downfall of a Jamaican athlete as if its gonna give Trinidad a spotlight.

Bolt and Shelly Ann Fraser are still the fastest people in their bouts. That's all that matters.
    Cheetara83 likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    Riiiiight.

Sure.

I believe that a large proportion of the top athletes (anywhere between 10-50%) are taking performance enhancing drugs.

Things like the Mitchell Report done by the MLB have shown that a huge proportion are taking PED's...and that's only the ones that we KNOW about.

Believe me when I say, it is highly likely (probable) that many athletes are taking PED's that haven't been picked up by doping authorities, like the "cream" and the "clear" were before a trainer "anonymously" mailed them in to the doping authorities.

The issue of PED's is FAR more widespread than most people can comprehend
    optimizm likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by antiguad View Post
    Riiiiight.

Sure.

I believe that a large proportion of the top athletes (anywhere between 10-50%) are taking performance enhancing drugs.

Things like the Mitchell Report done by the MLB have shown that a huge proportion are taking PED's...and that's only the ones that we KNOW about.

Believe me when I say, it is highly likely (probable) that many athletes are taking PED's that haven't been picked up by doping authorities, like the "cream" and the "clear" were before a trainer "anonymously" mailed them in to the doping authorities.

The issue of PED's is FAR more widespread than most people can comprehend

Not gonna dispute what you said.

Credits
    Wow dude who hating? Started off with , she IS MY FAV athlete not USED TO BE. I don't deal with that type of hate and negativity. About who happy about other people downfall.
    Only adding my input on a subject I am knowledgable about. You have a blessed night sir.

Credits
    you immediately took it to trinis vs jamaicans opti? smh.. i think its terrible in that our REGIONAL athletes will now fall under this stigma.. same way when druggie marion jones got caught up, obadele thompson fell under the radar.. and that's not good for us.. we would hope that our athletes aren't using PEDs.. and it would be terrible if someone like Bolt was found to be on those things as well.. because children from these regions look up to these athletes, so its not just them individually, its the region as a whole... smh
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    First of all how you get smith from brown. This chick stay at it lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast