Thread: Brain Drain or Brain Waste ?

Credits

Lightbulb Brain Drain or Brain Waste ?

Is it Brain Drain or Brain Waste ?

The grass always seems greener on the other side. Some people meeting hell, give up their good jobs here for greener pastures and shame to come home when it doesn't work out.

What were your reasons for migrating?

Is it all you thought it would be, good or bad?

What changes you wanna see in your country before you return home?

Do you even want to return to your island of birth?

Credits
    i was forced by my parents to move to canada then forced by my dad to move to atlanta, now i choose to stay because of my husband.
    i would go home to live in a heartbeat. all my husband has to do is say the word and we goin! i don't like it here very much, it's too fast and hectic. everything worth having costs a lot of money, and in this country the more money you have the more you get. i was much happier in trini...i'm happy now but it's a better life in trini i fine. i'm tired of runnin down the dollars just to have a decent life.
    Trinidad Posse!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by southern chic View Post
    i was forced by my parents to move to canada then forced by my dad to move to atlanta, now i choose to stay because of my husband.
    i would go home to live in a heartbeat. all my husband has to do is say the word and we goin! i don't like it here very much, it's too fast and hectic. everything worth having costs a lot of money, and in this country the more money you have the more you get. i was much happier in trini...i'm happy now but it's a better life in trini i fine. i'm tired of runnin down the dollars just to have a decent life.
    I know what you mean. Home sweet home

Credits
    Am here because of mommy & daddy. Each time I go back home to visit it gets harder and harder to return to this place. I'm reaching a point where I want to move back home within the next five years or be in a position where I can spend at least 3 to 6 months out of the year there.

When Dororthy clicked her heels and said THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME, she was talkin ah true talk!
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by triss View Post
    Is it Brain Drain or Brain Waste ?

The grass always seems greener on the other side. Some people meeting hell, give up their good jobs here for greener pastures and shame to come home when it doesn't work out.

What were your reasons for migrating? WAS A TEEN- NO CHOICE

Is it all you thought it would be, good or bad? I HAD VISITED MANY TIMES SO NOT AS MUCH OF A SHOCK AS IT COULD HAVE BEEN

What changes you wanna see in your country before you return home? NO MORE HURRICANES!!! (lol) CRIME, POVERTY, INFRASTRUCTURE....

Do you even want to return to your island of birth? IN A HEARTBEAT!

Credits
    US - for college
    now in UK for work

what i would like changed in Dominica, the same things i would like changed in UK, and US so I know it is not going to happen..

Yup I would want to return, but currently not to stay. I see the world as my sandbox presently.