Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boycott Zen

Kiz
    Credits

Boycott Zen

Steups!

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index...e?id=161136324

The owners of the Zen nightclub should be held responsible for the lewd act performed between R&B/hip-hop superstar Akon and 15-year-old Danah Alleyne at a recent concert held at the club, Minister in the Ministry of Community Development, Culture and Gender Affairs, Eudine Job-Davis, has said.

She added that patrons should now boycott the nightclub to protest what she described as "that kind of behaviour".

Job-Davis stressed that the simulated sex act, which the teenager indulged in, should be resolved between the child and her parents.

"I can tell you that that hurt me to my core to see a young Trinidad and Tobagonian girl being treated that way by a man," Job-Davis said.

"I want to say, I am not excusing the young lady by any means, she has to take responsibility for her actions. But it is a matter between her and her parents and they should know how to discipline their daughter.

"I also want to say that the owners of club should be held absolutely and totally responsible for that what happened there."

Job-Davis made the statements during her contribution to the Equal Opportunities Bill at yesterday's special sitting of the House of Representatives in Port of Spain.

She told members of the Lower House that before she arrived at the Parliament, she received an e-mail that featured a video clip of the incident.

The video showed Alleyne dancing in a provocative manner with Akon on stage during his performance at the Port of Spain nightclub two weeks ago. It has been displayed on several well-known websites, including links on VH1 and YouTube-Broadcast Yourself.

When Princes Town MP Subhas Panday asked Job-Davis what sanctions she would recommend for the owner of club Zen, Job-Davis replied: "I really don't have the answers for the sanction. I just would like to see now what you can do is boycott the club. Maybe people can do that. They ought to be held responsible if that is the kind of behaviour that they are going to promote in this country."

Job-Davis added that the issue had generated a lot of concern among the local population.

"I think that all the men who were present that night in that club should really hang their heads in shame because they allowed it to continue. Yes, the young lady has to take responsibility for her actions, but as a society, we should not have allowed that to happen in that way," she said.

"It goes even wider and deeper than club Zen and the young girl. It speaks to the issue of the internet, it speaks to the issue of our television, it speaks to the issue of monitoring more closely our children.

"I want to say to parents, that we are not immune from what happened there. Our children are not immune from that, it can happen to any one of us and therefore we must learn a lesson from that and pay closer attention to our children and to spend more quality time with them."

Credits
    Big STUEEEEEEPS

Credits
    Buh, dis man ain' stoppin atawl eh!

Tek care dat Flaming Ministry chuch a heez doan en' up GOING DUNG in flames.

*SMH*

Credits
    Why they don't ban Carnival.

Credits
    I must say I watch the thing and all I kept saying was ...Machel do a similar things last year at the RAM concert here in Bim ....pelt dis poor chile all bout de place....but he wasnt on the ground with she though.....just had her around his neck and around his waiste.....

However I think the girls age is half the reason most people kicking up a fuss cause nobody cant tell me dem never see dat in TnT before......

btw why a 14 year doing at a concert and dressing so......lawd I mussie real ole time-ish fah trute

anyhooooooo dat dont mek it right.......what happen to good ole wuk up competition...no fancy thrills and spill....now everybody wanna be acrobatic
    We going from Sun til Sun.......

Credits
    Maybe people should send footage of every fete where a woman is brought on stage and dry-humped. Then it's either ban all clubs or just drop it already.
    West Indian T-shirts & More: www.wiCulture.com
    Like it on Facebook: facebook.com/wiculturetees

Credits
    This girl was in some soca star video that used to be aired on local TV in Trinidad
    DANAH ALLEYNE, the 15-year-old Chaguanas pastor’s daughter caught in the ongoing Akon controversy, is no stranger to pop-culture dancing. She is currently being seen dancing in a video that was recorded last year and is being aired on Synergy TV. In the images above, taken from the video, Alleyne dances with soca artiste Klase in the Greatest Rythym Medley Part Two, directed by Charsu in 2006. Kalse’s song, Dancing, names the popular dances being done in the Caribbean. Danah is seen doing the “dutty wine” among other Jamaican dances. She is the lone female dancer in the video.

Credits
    enough already.....................what the preacher trying to save face well someone send him a memo "IT'S TO DAMN LATE " now keep it moving!
    *I have been Born Again*

Kiz
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Skilzman View Post
    This girl was in some soca star video that used to be aired on local TV in Trinidad
    where yuh geh dis?

Credits
    I wouldin be suppryze.

Credits
    There are much more important reasons to boycott Zen.

Racism and Classism.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot_Gal973 View Post
    Big STUEEEEEEPS
    +1
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinikiz View Post
    where yuh geh dis?
    The Guardian

Kiz
    Credits
    The Guardian
    post the link

Credits
    This incident was partly the fault of Zen because they should not have allowed her into the club underage and without ID. But the number one people responsible for it are her parents. They clearly have not done a very good job at bringing up their daughter.

I think the whole story is really sad and sums up the problems of some people in society and these are that they have extremly low self esteem brought about by not being brought up properly. I dont think is Akon's fault (even though I have always thought he seemed like a bit of a nasty bastard) he had no reason to think that in a club, which you have to be over 18 to enter, that he would end up dancing with a 14 year old girl.

Also it is not surprising that he thinks he can treat women in this way...because he can. Too many women have let him and others like him get away with treating women like objects. The most telling thing that he did was when he had finished 'dancing' with her he just left her on the floor and didnt help her to get up or give her a cuddle. That shows exactly what type of man he is, but like I said he is a product of the people surrounding him...that is the women who will let him treat them like sex objects.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast