Thread: Boy Stays Home With Dead Father For 2 Days

Credits

Boy Stays Home With Dead Father For 2 Days

poor thing...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/14/fat....ap/index.html

OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma (AP) -- A 6-year-old boy stayed in an apartment with the body of his father for two days after the man died on their sofa, obeying instructions to never leave without permission, firefighters said.

The boy, whose name was not released, didn't want to leave even after firefighters arrived, fearing punishment if he left, fire department Maj. Noble Lee said.

"He wasn't as distraught as one might think," Lee said. "I don't think he understands the gravity of the past few days. He wasn't as upset at the situation as he was about being outside the residence without permission."

His father, Kevin Dale Judd, 52, appears to have died of natural causes, authorities said. The body was found late Monday after neighbors and a maintenance man reported a foul odor, Lee said.

According to a police report, the boy told police his father had been feeling ill and laid down. The boy left the room to watch television, and when he returned his father was slumped over.

The boy did not know to call 911 in case of an emergency, said Department of Human Services spokesman George Earl Johnson Jr. He apparently had not eaten in two days but refused food and water offered by firefighters and paramedics, Lee said.

Johnson said the boy will remain in DHS custody until relatives are found to care for him.

Credits
    poor kid
    hope it does not effect him too badly as an adult

Credits
    that is so sad....he didn't know how to call 911!?!?
    "Stop talking about it and BE about it"

Credits
    Aww, poor thing.

Taj
    Credits
    damn sometimes too much by the book not good geez 2 days poor kid
    A sharp knife never proclaims its sharpness to the worldbut the first to fall against it becomes its advocate.

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

m
    Credits
    I don't think he will be too traumatized.

He's prolly too young to understand and/or comprehend what really happened...as far as the death of his father goes.

The report says the boy appeared to be more distraught over being outside without his father's permission vs. the death of his father.

Clearly he has absolutely no concept of what occured.

Sometimes the good thing is that children are too young to get traumatized by certain situations.

The father clearly raised him well and I would even go as far as to say he was somewhat sheltered, because kids nowadays good and HARDEN from age 3...and they KNOW it. This boy didn't seem to be so "knowledgable."

God bless him.

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepingDawg View Post
    I don't think he will be too traumatized.

He's prolly too young to understand and/or comprehend what really happened...as far as the death of his father goes.

The report says the boy appeared to be more distraught over being outside without his father's permission vs. the death of his father.

Clearly he has absolutely no concept of what occured.

Sometimes the good thing is that children are too young to get traumatized by certain situations.

The father clearly raised him well and I would even go as far as to say he was somewhat sheltered, because kids nowadays good and HARDEN from age 3...and they KNOW it. This boy didn't seem to be so "knowledgable."

God bless him.
    A sharp knife never proclaims its sharpness to the worldbut the first to fall against it becomes its advocate.

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Mommy Dearest **Vincy-Soca-Diva**'s Avatar **Vincy-Soca-Diva** is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by PhuCk Yu MoN View Post

poor thing...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/14/fat....ap/index.html

OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma (AP) -- A 6-year-old boy stayed in an apartment with the body of his father for two days after the man died on their sofa, obeying instructions to never leave without permission, firefighters said.

The boy, whose name was not released, didn't want to leave even after firefighters arrived, fearing punishment if he left, fire department Maj. Noble Lee said.

"He wasn't as distraught as one might think," Lee said. "I don't think he understands the gravity of the past few days. He wasn't as upset at the situation as he was about being outside the residence without permission."

His father, Kevin Dale Judd, 52, appears to have died of natural causes, authorities said. The body was found late Monday after neighbors and a maintenance man reported a foul odor, Lee said.

According to a police report, the boy told police his father had been feeling ill and laid down. The boy left the room to watch television, and when he returned his father was slumped over.

The boy did not know to call 911 in case of an emergency, said Department of Human Services spokesman George Earl Johnson Jr. He apparently had not eaten in two days but refused food and water offered by firefighters and paramedics, Lee said.

Johnson said the boy will remain in DHS custody until relatives are found to care for him.

OMG that's real sad.
    Link me on fassbook http://www.facebook.com/#!/SocaDivaChandelle
    2 Sweet 2 B 4Gotten:)

m
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    Too put a personal story to it. My grandfather, father's father, died when I was about 3. I have no recollection of it, no emotional attachment, no feeling of loss or grief, other than the knowledge that I didn't really know that particular grandfather. Only proof I have is that there's a picture of my father holding me in his arms at the funeral and I just looking blank.

Now, fast forward to the early 2000s and to the death of my other grandfather, total feelings of grief, loss and constantly reflecting on him and his life and our memories together.

Credits
    Poor li'l fella traumatized....

Credits
    dang that's sad poor small man.....