Thread: Bolt, Campbell-Brown head Jamaican team for world meet

Spoogie

Bolt, Campbell-Brown head Jamaican team for world meet

Jamaica to the world

KINGSTON, Jamaica Beijing Olympic star Usain Bolt and reigning women's 100-metres world champion Veronica Campbell-Brown lead the Jamaican squad named for next month's World Athletics Championships at Berlin.

Bolt set world records at Beijing in winning 100m gold in 9.69 seconds and the 200m title in 19.30 and helped Jamaica's 4x100m relay capture gold in world record time as well.

Bolt qualified for the trip to Germany for the August 15-23 meet by winning at last month's Jamaican Championships, taking the 100 crown in 9.86 and the 200 title in 20.25.

Asafa Powell, the former World 100m record holder who has run 9.72 this year, and Maurice Smith, the decathlon silver medalist from the 2007 worlds at Osaka, are also on the men's squad.

Campbell-Brown, the reigning 100m World champion, only ran the 200m at the trials, which she won in 22.40.

Kerron Stewart, second in the 100 at the qualifying meet in 10.93 but the fastest woman in the world this year with 10.75, and Olympics 100m champion Shelly-Ann Fraser, the trials winner in 10.88, are the other top women sprinters on the roster.

Women: Shelly-Ann Fraser, Kerron Stewart, Sheri-Ann Brooks, Veronica Campbell-Brown, Simone Facey, Anniesha McLaughlin, Novelene Williams-Mills, Shericka Williams, Christine Day, Kenia Sinclair, Delloreen Ennis-London, Brigitte Foster-Hylton, Lacena Golding-Clarke, Melanie Walker, Kaliese Spencer, Nickiesha Wilson, Jovanee Jarrett, Trecia Smith, Rosemarie Whyte, Bobby-gaye Wilkins, Aileen Bailey, Shereefa Lloyd, Kimberly Williams

Men: Usain Bolt, Asafa Powell, Michael Frater, Maurice Wignall, Steve Mullings, Marvin Anderson, Ricardo Chambers, Allodin Fothergill, Lansford Spence, Dwight Thomas, Richard Phillips, Isa Phillips, Danny McFarlane, Josef Robertson, Alain Bailey, Nicholas Gordon, Julian Reid, Maurice Smith, Dorian Scott, Dane Hyatt, Jermaine Gonzales, Yohan Blake, Leford Green

Spoogie

That biatch sanya richards, sold out and now rep the US.

But guess what ? Now Jamaicans are making all the damn money in track .. All the meets around the world are sending for athletes from JA, and they are winning and collecting the big prize money....fuking sell out biatch.

Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Murderer View Post

That biatch sanya richards, sold out and now rep the US.

But guess what ? Now Jamaicans are making all the damn money in track .. All the meets around the world are sending for athletes from JA, and they are winning and collecting the big prize money....fuking sell out biatch.
    I think Kerron stewart will beat Brown at the Championships..and I dont see Richards as a seel out, she is representing the country that she grew up in...and richards is best looking ting in track right now (remeber i never said she was a bess ting)...and I will be posting a thread in a few weeks (in the sports forum) for all track and field world championships events that Caribbean athletes are involved in..

Gladiator
    ..and hopefully the thread that i will post can become a sticky