Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bolt--7/17/09

dev
    Credits

Bolt--7/17/09

Usain Bolt may not have broken his world 100 metres record but he showed in the Paris rain he is in mint condition.

Bolt insisted before the Golden League meeting he felt if the weather was favourable he could attack the time of 9.69 seconds which won him the Olympic gold medal in Beijing last August.

However, on what was already a cold night in the Stade de France just prior to the race the rain began to fall, although not placing a dampener on what was still a fast encounter.

Bolt, second last out of his blocks and not getting into his stride until 40 metres, stepped up a gear and went on to post his fastest time of the season of 9.79seconds.

But for his poor start the 22-year-old Jamaican would almost certainly have bettered the world leading time of 9.77 seconds which arch-rival Tyson Gay posted at last Friday's Golden League meeting in Rome.

Nevertheless the time obliterated the meeting record fellow Jamaican and his predecessor as world record holder Asafa Powell set three years ago.

It also clearly indicates his preparations for next month's World Championships in Berlin, where Gay will defend his title, are well on target.

"I'm happy it was a good race, I know people love me, so I try every time to be at my best," said Bolt who did some now traditional showboating before the race started.

"In these conditions the time is great. But it was hard to put everything in place from start to finish."

Bolt admitted of his poor start: "My reaction is poor, this is something I have to work on in the next weeks before Berlin.

"But it's life, things don't ever happen the way you want."

He insisted: "I had a good feeling on the track - I thought I was flying."

Bolt's powerful surge in the second half of the sprint saw runner-up Daniel Bailey lower his Antiguan record to 9.91sec while third placed Yohan Blake the winner's team-mate, cut his fastest ever time by a teenager to 9.93sec.

Simeon Williamson's prophecy that he would be unlikely to become the first Briton to run sub-10sec for 10 years proved correct.

Williamson never got into his stride, finishing sixth in 10.14sec.

British Olympic triple jump silver medallist Phillips Idowu produced a fourth round winning effort of 17.17 metres just as the rain started to descend.

It may not have been one of Idowu's biggest jumps but it was far enough to thwart the ambitions of the Cuban trio of Yoandris Betanzos, Alexis Copello and David Giralt, who all head him in this year's world rankings.

"I'm happy, this is my first victory in this stadium," said Idowu, confident he can challenge strongly for the world title. "Today winning was the most important thing.

"If I can win and jump well in these conditions, I will be able to do very well in Berlin.

"I know that - and they know it too," he said after scalping his rivals.

Marilyn Okoro, third at the world trials, battled bravely to run a season's best of 1min 59.56sec for fourth place, a performance which will impress the selectors before choosing the team for Berlin.

Anna Willard of the USA was not that far ahead when winning with a lifetime fastest of 1min 58.80sec.

Like the rest of the 110m hurdles field, Andy Turner was no match for Dexter Faulk who flew out of his blocks and stormed to an easy win in 13.14sec.

Turner held his own with the remainder of the field until the halfway distance, before fading to fifth place in a time of 13.44sec.

Tim Benjamin had not competed for a month because of a hamstring injury and the rustiness showed when finishing seventh in his 400 metres race.

American Sanya Richards was runaway winner in the 400m and went into the record books with a time of 49.34sec when clocking her 37th sub 50-sec performance to overtake the previous figure belonging to east German legend Maria Koch.

Kenenisa Bekele, running against the clock for the last three laps after the second pacemaker dropped out, just missed the world's fastest time this year by 0.27sec when clocking 7min 28.64sec.

Where did the Antiguan come from?

Gladiator
    You must make use of the sports forum..this race (even video) has been posted there..Bolt ran 9.79 today which is great but keep in mind Tyson ran 9.77 last week so its not a one man showdown..anyway Bailey has been out fuh some time..seems like you dont follow track much

Usain Bolt, Tyson Gay, Asafa, R.Thompson @2k9 Paris Golden League Clash! (July 17th)

Credits
    Tell me when he selling de stuff he on. That would be news

Spoogie
    WTF is up with this trini ?

Yute go suk out yuh madda renk pussi wid yuh dawg face.

Is this mix ######################## pussihole really trying to a case for gay against bolt ?

lol ..

Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Murderer View Post

Is this mix ######################## pussihole really trying to a case for gay against bolt ?

lol ..
    LOL *dead*..yuh more emotional than them skettel in here..the media is making the case. of Bolt vs Gay so if yuh dont want to acknowlege it then hush yuh #################### an dtake ah seat
    Last edited by Gladiator; 07-17-2009 at 09:12 PM.

Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by Steupz View Post
    Tell me when he selling de stuff he on. That would be news
    lol what stuff you think the man on..??

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Murderer View Post

lol ..
    hahahaha

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant View Post
    lol what stuff you think the man on..??
    Ah eh know, but that improvement is ridiculous.

You realise each and every race this man run is either a record or near to a record?
    Who else doing that beside Phelps?

And he heals exceptionally quickly from injuries

Credits
    Usain Wins again, as usual Trinidad comes in a distant 4th place.............
    Can you say EAT MY DUST!
    Bend Ova and Don't look Back, 6:30 and Tek dis Jook!!!!!

Credits
    if anyone is interested the universal sports channel is showing the entire event now

Gladiator
    Ah eh know, but that improvement is ridiculous.

You realise each and every race this man run is either a record or near to a record?
    Who else doing that beside Phelps?

And he heals exceptionally quickly from injuries
    who ar eyou talking bout..Gay was injured for a long time last year and has been running this fast for a long time...and Bolt has been breaking records since a youth, so who are you referring to..??

Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    if anyone is interested the universal sports channel is showing the entire event now
    cant watch it now..but am trying to get Tyson Gay 200m race so i can post it in the Sports thread before I leave..

Spoogie

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant View Post
    who ar eyou talking bout..Gay was injured for a long time last year and has been running this fast for a long time...and Bolt has been breaking records since a youth, so who are you referring to..??
    Ah talking about Bolt. And breaking youth records is far different from the adult records.
    That 19.32 was a freak of nature, so freakish Michael Johnson came under serious scrutiny. And Bolt beat that like ah dutty carpet.
    Now what was Bolt's fastest time before his build up to the Olympics? And most importantly, why the sudden interest (and miraculous ability) in the 100m.

Yuh doh just wake up in de morning and decide to run 9.7's in the 100m as Bolt did. Well maybe you do; but I think it's understandable that people have doubts that he's doing it without 'assistance'

Credits
    Ah talking about Bolt. And breaking youth records is far different from the adult records.
    That 19.32 was a freak of nature, so freakish Michael Johnson came under serious scrutiny. And Bolt beat that like ah dutty carpet.
    Now what was Bolt's fastest time before his build up to the Olympics? And most importantly, why the sudden interest (and miraculous ability) in the 100m.

Yuh doh just wake up in de morning and decide to run 9.7's in the 100m as Bolt did. Well maybe you do; but I think it's understandable that people have doubts that he's doing it without 'assistance'

Bad Mind - Capleton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast