Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boeing 787 Dreamliner handed over. said to have 20% fuel savings

Credits
    i'm glad you answered Rinzler..
    Dragon IG :: http://instagram.com/islandmixusa

Gladiator
    I am more familiar with "Lockheed Martin" than Boeing...but both companies create most of the parts for American stealth war fighters that dominate the world sky

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug View Post
    gosh man, u know how tired I am of buying a 500 dollar ticket only to pay an additional 400 dollars in special taxes and fuel surcharge? kissteet.
    Thats funny bc my "free" flights to europe usually cost me $450...
    @ The member request this account has been deactivated

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Swerve View Post
    i remember in the days when it was a 12.50 service charge per leg on "free" flights.....Imagine travelling to London for 25 bucks.... ~le sigh~
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Swerve View Post
    who said she went to Europe??

Dragon IG :: http://instagram.com/islandmixusa

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingram_Gordon View Post
    who said she went to Europe??

eheh!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug View Post
    i remember in the days when it was a 12.50 service charge per leg on "free" flights.....Imagine travelling to London for 25 bucks.... ~le sigh~
    Look what in the news today..

Proposed airline ticket tax bump has tempers soaring - USATODAY.com

President Obama is asking passengers to pay a few dollars more in taxes for an airline ticket — which already is about 20% taxes and fees. And the travel industry is in an uproar about it.

Big airlines say people would buy fewer tickets if Congress approves the president's proposal to help cut the deficit and pay for the nation's aviation system.

Regional airlines, which carry more than half of domestic fliers each day, say it could force them to pull out of small cities.

Small-city airports worry about that.

And some travelers and consumer groups say it's just unfair to ask passengers to pay more on top of the taxes and fees that government and airports already charge.

"We are flying on packed planes at increasingly higher rates with larded-on fees and taxes," says Adam Conrad, 45, a health care software executive from Duncansville, Pa. "I have flown over a million miles, and my next million is looking like it will cost a million."

Obama's proposal, which he spelled out last week, would:

•Impose a $100 fee on each commercial airliner and corporate jet every time they take off. Only military planes and small planes with piston engines would be excluded from the new take-off fee.

•Raise the per-passenger security fee, which helps pay for the Transportation Security Administration's airport screening, from the current $2.50 for each leg of a flight to a maximum $5 for a one-way trip to a flat $5 one way. The fee also would rise another 50 cents a year from 2013 through 2017 to $7.50. The Homeland Security Department could raise it further through regulation.

The president's goal is to raise $36 billion to help trim $4 trillion off the deficit in the next decade and get more so-called user-fee money to underwrite aviation security, airport improvement and air traffic control.

Although the increases would be passed on to passengers through ticket prices, and some of the effects of increases would be small or not felt by passengers for a while, the airline industry says they're a burden at a time the industry is struggling to make a profit.

"Aviation shouldn't be a piggy bank for every other purpose," says Roger Cohen president of the Regional Airline Association. "This was proposed, I think, based on the (bank robber) Willie Sutton theory that this is where the money is."
    @ The member request this account has been deactivated

LB
    Credits
    Errr right!

"Although the increases would be passed on to passengers through ticket prices, and some of the effects of increases would be small or not felt by passengers for a while"

On some routes outta here the taxes are more than the ticket itself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12