Thread: Blue Ventures the BEST band for 2001 carnival by FAR!!!

pangea

Blue Ventures the BEST band for 2001 carnival by FAR!!!

I want to make this short and sweet, after partying with all the bands for carnival, anyone that knows music will understand who really was the best band for TnT carnival. Musically, Brass, string instruments and vocals, NO ONE can touch the overall package. Sanell Demster is like a fine wine, she is getting better with time, the woman singing "Tremble it" BETTER than Destra and "Kim" much better than TC. Sanelle today has the BEST female voice in the business!

I will let you know why they are the best in a band by band comparison.

1) Against Traffik: Traffik pull the biggest scam for carnival 2001 and sad to say it worked; they were crowned the No. 1 band for Carnival by the general public. They are a good band but certainly not the best. Traffik's trick was simple, play with all the leading calypsonians and mash up the fete. The fact is, once you have Iwer George, Magadan, Laundry, Shadow, and Bunji Garlin singing with you on stage, yuh mashing up, no matter how shitty yuh is. I saw Traffik mash up fete but I was also disappointed big time when I saw them as a band, no guest appearances, they SUCKED! Watching Lisa Romani try to "tremble it" was a joke. Eddie Charles cannot sing, Sherwyn Winchester is good but not great. Compared to Blue Ventures Sanelle Dempster, Lima Calbio, Sponge and King Mc Daddy Ronnie, they were no comparison. Band vs Band, no guest artistes, Blue Ventures will mash them up! The one thing Traffik has going for them is they have the best drummer in the business, Kitchener son is an INCREDIBLE drummer and could compete with anyone in the world.

2) Roy Cape: Anyone that believe Blaxx is a good leader for Roy Cape is crazy, the boy gone through, he talking non stop and between him, and the other two, they can't compare. Destra should be in a strip club, and Ghetto Felx leave them and gone, big loss, because Flex could sing! What baffles me is Roy will use 5 or 6 horn men on stage and the brass does sound weak. I also lost all respect for Roy after the man say on TTT that this year soca far superior to last year, BULLSH!T, take Shadow out of the mix this year and yuh in big trouble for quality soca, surprised to hear a veteran say that.

3) Xtatik: The band sounding good, but they missing Machel and a female vocalist. Band for band, they are also superior to Traffik.

4) Surface: Sounding sweet, I will put them at number 2 behind Blue Ventures. Tony Prescott and crew are sounding sweet and they don't need guests to sound good

5) Atlantik: They were going good until they added that 3rd male vocalist. Hopefully Kurt Allen will one day get the respect he deserves.

6) Byron Lee, Krosfyah and Square: All major disappointments, never heard them sound so weak.

So, you folks go ahead and let the soca mafia control yuh brains, the mafia even destroy Nigel Lewis new band Matrixx who was sounding sweet.

And before GString posse want to know how come I biggin up she boy, Ronnie and band, I have no choice but to tell the truth!

Credits

I totally AGREE...

Pangea u are totally right!!! Blue Ventures is a band for the young and the old. Sanelle is the BEST female artist. And Lima is not far because her voice is beautiful. Sponge (nuff respect to Mr. Oliver) also has a pleasant voice, and even the skinny man in the band aint that bad with his vocals. And of course Mr. Ronnie has the energy, the voice, and his stage performance (he does act really jokey) does make u really enjoy the fete. I have seen them performed numerous times without guest artists and you know what they still mash it up. Sanelle by far sings tunes better than the orignal artists that made them. And the drummer Ragga to me is very very talented.
    I cant wait to see them perform up here. So if any promoters reading this, forget trying to get Traffik, Xtatik (dem making me vex cause they refuse to have a female vocalist), and Square One to play at ur fete. Bring Blue Ventures, followed by Surface (they hutting up this year), Roy Cape, then Krosfyah.

GIO d POWDER BOI

It's Hopeless.........

People like Sh*te. Trying to plea with these promoters to bring a variety over here is hopeless. They looking for a the quick Fix fulluh Trix scam to make the most dollars.

Look at all the flyers we we here over the next month or so.........Traffik, Bunji, Iwer, Square One Over and Over and Over andand Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over .......and watch dem tell we no other artist are available.

Credits

Which artist would you like to see

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-01 AT 09:57 AM (EST)[/font][p]This week we have Surface Destra Treason Gail-ann not to forget Bunji Rupie Tallpree T.C. is that change enough? But where will you be Gio?

pangea

RE: I totally AGREE...

Yeah, Blue Ventures drummer real good to. The one complaint I hear of Traffik drummer is he sometimes plays out of context with the music. My only criticism of Traffik drummer is he never gives the other musicians time to breath, he ALWAYS soloing which could be bad.

Credits

RE: Blue Ventures the BEST band for 2001 carnival by FAR!!!

As much as i hate to agree,cause "Surface" is my band, but Blue Ventures is very good. An there was a story run awhile back in Trinidad where Leon Coldero expressed his dismay with forigen promoters. But you can't blame jus the promoters. if the people want to see the same three bands an six performers every weekend then what is a promoter to do.

an don't forget the band "INVASION", lead by Neyer George an Fay-ann Lyons. for such a young and new band, they are pretty good.

Credits

I must say that Invasion as well as Surface surprised me in Trini this year. I have a whole new view on these two bands this year...now it is time for the rest of the public to get a taste of their flavor!

P.S. Traffik will still be my favorite band! My Barbarossa posse know what I am talking about!(sorry but it is just my opinion)

pangea

Good to know that you are a fan of Invasion, the shittiest band I have heard in a long time, but then again it shows the type of fans Traffik attracts, fans that don't have a clue about the importance of good music in a band. How the hell could someone say with a straight face that Invasion is a good band? The only reason they exist is because Iwer George brother running the band, a bunch of teenage idiot musicians that learn how to program a drum machine and think they reach. This after a band like Matrixx with Nigel and Marvin Lewis goes under this year who was sounding good. Let me tell allyuh, if this sh!t continue, the music in Trinidad in serious trouble, I real fed up. Funny you mention Brabarossa, that is why every year Blue Ventures does always mash up Traffik on the road (unless of course Bunji and Iwer jump on Traffik truck)!

Credits

Pangea did you even read the message?????

i said for a "NEW AND YOUNG BAND", that they were good. if they were together for years that would be different. i bet you 100 dollars that xtatik was'nt the greatest their first few years. An what does the the opinion of TWO people about ONE BAND have to do with the future of music in TRINIDAD? EXPLAIN THAT TO ME WITHOUT SPITING OUT THE SAME OLE CRAP PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SAYING ALL YEAR. I BET A NEX 100 DOLLARS YOU CAN'T.

pangea

RE: Pangea did you even read the message?????

Yes I did, why I reacted that was was that myself and some friends saw Invasion and we were in so much pain (literally) listening to the nonsense that they were playing, I just can't understand how anyone could say they were promising. I saw Pranasonic express (Xtatik) when they started off, Second Imij, when they started and it was easy to see it was the beginning of something special, there was talent on stage. I simply cannot comprehend how someone could see talent or any promise in Invasion.

Credits

RE: what y'all think of xtatik at soca arena

pangea

Allyuh not listening!