Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bloody weekend in Trinidad

Spoogie

Bloody weekend in Trinidad

CMC

Posted: 7/13/2009 11:20:12 AM

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad – Police are searching for the gunman who shot and killed a 52-year-old mother, who four years ago had witnessed her daughter’s murder.

Police said that the gunman, pretending to be a customer, had entered the mini-market operated by Judy Badrie in Petit Valley, west of here yesterday and shot her in the head.

Badrie was supposed to have testified against the man who is accused of killing her daughter Melissa on July 3, 2005. In that incident, another one of her daughters Sue Mara, lost her left leg while another jumped into a nearby river to escape.

Police are also searching for the killers of two men in the volatile Belmont area in what they believe were reprisal killings of gang leader Ricardo 'Docs' McCarthy, the main suspect in the murder of 10-year-old school girl Tecia Henry.

Henry’s killing had led to an outrage within the country, particularly after a post mortem revealed that she had been strangled and her body dumped under a house in the Laventille area.

> Police said that Joel Phillips 35, and his uncle Devannan Rajcoomar 51, were killed late Saturday night.

Lawmen are also investigating the murders of 26-year-old Kyode Peters, who was shot dead in Laventille, along the east-west corridor on Friday night and 62-year-old pensioner, Rudolph Contrero, whose partially burnt body was found in a car in Rio Claro, south of here on Saturday night.

Meanwhile, hundreds of people participated in an anti-crime rally at Skinner Park in San Fernando, south of here yesterday, with organisers warning that the country had a murder rate per capita of 31 per 100,000 people.

They said Trinidad and Tobago had the same murder rate as Somalia, an African country with no recognised government, which has experienced scores of military coups.

More than 290 people have been murdered here so far this year.

dev
    Credits
    290 and it's only July. MANNING only interesting in running OESC and bumping
    RALPHIE.

NO CARIBBEAN COUNTRY can escape the crime,only a matter of time.

Spoogie
    290 is not so bad, keep the machine poppin trini thugs.

dev
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ole murderer View Post
    290 is not so bad, keep the machine poppin trini thugs.
    not bad, if it's cricket and the weedies batting but.....

Taj
    Credits
    wow
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Almost felt like I was reading Jamaican news....what would u say is the gap between laventile and and one of your finer areas in terms of infrastructure and over all income?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by skeng View Post
    Almost felt like I was reading Jamaican news....what would u say is the gap between laventile and and one of your finer areas in terms of infrastructure and over all income?

It's like two different planets. The sad part is, the current ruling party couldn't win an election if it weren't for the people in these depressed areas.

Go figure...
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    It's like two different planets. The sad part is, the current ruling party couldn't win an election if it weren't for the people in these depressed areas.

Go figure...
    Ok, so the populace in these depressed areas is sizable part of the overall population?

Would u say that the levels of economic inequity as increased over the last 10-15 years? or remained the same but rural folks of low economic status have moved into more urban areas or rural communities have gotten urbanized?
    Last edited by skeng; 07-13-2009 at 03:52 PM.

TC
    Credits
    Steups, crazy. We need to rid T&T and the entire region of all those illegal firearms!(among a host of other things)

Mommy Dearest **Vincy-Soca-Diva**'s Avatar **Vincy-Soca-Diva** is offline
    Credits
    Ahh it wasn't that bad in Laventille.

Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by **Vincy-Soca-Diva** View Post
    Ahh it wasn't that bad in Laventille.
    You lived over dey before??..Have you even walk close to Laventille before..??..lol

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dev View Post
    not bad, if it's cricket and the weedies batting but.....
    i recall one febuary there had been 50 murders since the NYD of that year. thats 25 murders a month, 290 in month 7 doesn't seem as bad. Still horrific though for a population of 1.3 mill
    Whether there is a moral component to being less clothed than an European, I'm not getting into because that's a personal thing.
    Carnival: carne valle: farewell flesh means it is time to be myself in all my godly glory. I am a man created in God's image, making me beautiful. We get half naked in the bright sun, soak up some vitamin D and jump to a rythm because as human beings, rythms entrance us; they harken to our mothers' rhythmic heartbeat in the womb. Its a natural, healthy experience.

Credits

Angry

Dis is real fukkry....
    Strum has a Grizzly Bear Rug in his living room.

It's not dead however...It's just SCARED TO MOVE.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post

Go figure...
    would you really say that? like numberwise?
    Whether there is a moral component to being less clothed than an European, I'm not getting into because that's a personal thing.
    Carnival: carne valle: farewell flesh means it is time to be myself in all my godly glory. I am a man created in God's image, making me beautiful. We get half naked in the bright sun, soak up some vitamin D and jump to a rythm because as human beings, rythms entrance us; they harken to our mothers' rhythmic heartbeat in the womb. Its a natural, healthy experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast