Thread: bloodclat...roti mi lose offa yu......

barry

bloodclat...roti mi lose offa yu......

generally i find yu to be an intellegent person.
    mi an yu argue incessantly an it is all in the spirit of educating an harassing each other about our different cultures.

BUT.........

CHINESE LAUNDRY?????????

YO.
    HE IS THE WORST.
    HE IS SO BAD WORDS CANT DESCRIBE.
    I DOAN CARE ABOUT HIS RACE OR HIS BUSINESS DEALINGS
    BUT AS AN ARTIST?
    SO CALLED I SHOULD SAY.
    OFF-KEY.
    NO LYRICS.
    NO STYLE.
    NO PRESENCE.
    LESS DAN MEDIOCRE.

DAM ROTI.
    WI DOAN SI EYE TO EYE ON A LOT OF ISSUES BUT TRUS MI
    DIS 1 REALLY HURT MI FEELINGS.

LAUNDRY SUCKS.
    NO IFS AND OR BUTS.
    HE IS CORNY TOO
    AN CORNY HAS NUTTING TO DO WID AGE.
    BERIS HAMMOND OLE LIKE SIN AN BERIS NUH CORNY.

Credits

yaw yaw yaw, yaw yaw yaw yaw yaw

here's my perspective:

if i am in the front of the stage, and chinese laundry runs on stage, i get pushed and must push back. that means, people are mashin up.

barry, you've written that you do the bad man thing of chillin by the bar and enjoyin the vibes. i consider it boring. i rather be in the front mashin up.

when laundry sings, he is always out of breath and is very off key, however, he sings mash up tunes.

since 1996 he has been a consistent artist.

1996 short pants
    1997 ah have it and neva eva again
    1998 not really a good year for him...he sang brownin and some ting on some riddem
    1999 mona lisa
    2000 pelt it out and home sweet home
    2001 pelt it out 2 and clouds...

since 1996, he's been mash up. that's my arguement reporting from the front of the stage. what you see by the bar is what you see by the bar.

barry

RE: yaw yaw yaw, yaw yaw yaw yaw yaw

so a good artist is defined by how much you get pushed in the front of the stage??

thanx roti.
    yu really killing mi with yu intellect now.
    yu on a roll.

Virtuous Lady

Laundry is 1 of the wickedest

Beef yuh know I with yuh. However, what I can't seem to understand is how we can let outsiders from a different culture (been to a couple of fetes and think they know the deal) crtique or artists and then we let them have an influence on which turn the artform will take. We know what we like and what we enjoy having a good time too. NOBODY can tell Jamaicans that the tune or the new riddim that have them bussin shots in the air is not wicked, neither can we have any pertinent influence on their culture as far as music is concerned. Carnival time come around they see an opportunity to make a couple of dollaz by singing what they think soca is about and that is it. Lets give ourselves a pat on the back for the artist that are not jumping on the band wagon as far as "dub" music is concerned hence Blue, Ronnie, and all the boyz from the old school.

and Barry let me go ahead and do this before you get a chance to tap it out.

Yes ah big and fat and sloppy and winter is my time.

Blessings to those whom do not need to use profanity to express themselves:*

"The original lyrical wyna gyul"

barry

RE: Laundry is 1 of the wickedest

oh shoots.
    you go girl.
    winter time is our time.
    we need to get it popping.
    luv ya.
    barry

Credits

this is not the SAT's

why should my intellect be challenged? i come here for stress relief? anyways, laundry is a mash up artist, he mashes up the crowd, and his lyrics are good for carnival....

he will mash up all the fetes in trinidad this year, and in brooklyn, go to the front of the stage when he comes on (without your gun and your ignorance, let the people step on your foot, it don't matter), and you'll see he mashes up.

barry

RE: this is not the SAT's

yea roti.
    so if a man farts around me an the crowd starts to run an step on my toe dat makes the farter a star?

wow!
    i am going to eat rice an beans an start farting in clubs so i can be a star.
    believe me.
    when i fart after dem beans , ####################s gwine scatter an jump up.

wow!
    i can be just like your heroes.
    thanx roti.
    i am on my way to stardom.

farting barry

Credits

barry

you see my point though, your joke was slightly funny, but i hope you see the point. soca is about fun (not 100% about this solely, so don't be like...yo, music not supposed to be only about fun), if you make the audience have fun, that's the point.

Credits

RE: MORE NEW TREASON

Mystic Posse

I see where he is coming from

I can see where Barry is coming from...Laundry tunes really don't have a constructive theme as other soca artist and shouldn't be the model of a soca song, but he like many others have tunes that sound different if played on radio than in a fete. His song can sound real schupid playing on radio, but when it's live and this little chinee man comes on stage out of breath and all, it does mash up all the time...Mona Lisa and Pelt it Out are two tunes i heard on radio, sounded...ok, but in PSA...those tunes really mash up and now are two of his best tunes in my opinion.