Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Blizzard Warning in the Northeast.

  1. #1
    Registered User NYC2BGI's Avatar NYC2BGI is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    3,736
    Credits
    1,530,694

    Blizzard Warning in the Northeast.

    I just got this email here at work :

    ----------

    BRONX NY-KINGS (BROOKLYN) NY-NASSAU NY-NEW YORK (MANHATTAN) NY- QUEENS NY-RICHMOND (STATEN IS.) NY-SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD CT- SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER NY- 350 PM EST FRI JAN 21 2005

    ... A BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON SATURDAY TO NOON SUNDAY ...

    THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON NY HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARD WARNING.

    SNOW WILL MOVE IN SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND WILL CONTINUE SATURDAY NIGHT. THE SNOW WILL TAPER OFF SUNDAY MORNING. FINAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE 12 TO 15 INCHES BY SUNDAY MORNING. IN ADDITION TO THE SNOW... NORTHEAST WINDS WILL INCREASE SATURDAY AFTERNOON... AND WILL BE QUITE GUSTY SATURDAY NIGHT. STRONG NORTHERLY WINDS WILL PERSIST SUNDAY MORNING. THESE WINDS WILL RESULT IN BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW.

    A BLIZZARD WARNING IS ISSUED WHEN SUSTAINED WIND SPEEDS OR FREQUENT GUSTS OF OVER 35 MPH ARE EXPECTED WITH CONSIDERABLE FALLING AND OR BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW. VISIBILITIES WILL BECOME POOR... WITH WHITEOUT CONDITIONS AT TIMES. THOSE VENTURING OUTDOORS MAY BECOME LOST OR DISORIENTED... SO PERSONS IN THE WARNING AREA ARE ADVISED TO STAY INDOORS.

  2. #2
    OnE eYe MoNsTeR InC. Cook's Avatar Cook is offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    in my own world
    Posts
    2,349
    Credits
    1,013,505
    NYC2BGI I tried telling these people but some saying no is a few inches ah snow and others head was just in the sex OPP forum.

  3. #3
    Castle Dweller Island Girl's Avatar Island Girl is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In a Fete
    Posts
    620
    Credits
    1,011,309
    man that means I have to shovel snow this weekend. Anyboday wanna help?

  4. #4
    Puma Power Posse-NY Angie Fyah's Avatar Angie Fyah is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,460
    Credits
    1,011,135
    wow...well i'm glad it happened now...instead of when i leave for trini...i'd be so fackin vexed..!!! :devil

  5. #5
    xtremeintl.com Mystic Xtremist's Avatar Mystic Xtremist is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Plugged In From Zion
    Posts
    18,980
    Credits
    4,835,937
    Quote Originally Posted by thcook
    NYC2BGI I tried telling these people but some saying no is a few inches ah snow and others head was just in the sex OPP forum.
    weather.com lied to me bred, now dem change forecast

    12-15

  6. #6
    elq
    Cleophus aka pupah lashie elq's Avatar elq is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    21,977
    Credits
    1,516,009
    yep gotz me gas for de snowblower already.
    yep

  7. #7
    Castle Dweller Island Girl's Avatar Island Girl is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In a Fete
    Posts
    620
    Credits
    1,011,309
    Quote Originally Posted by elq
    yep gotz me gas for de snowblower already.
    yep
    That means you coming to help me then?

  8. #8
    Wempy WadadliEmpress's Avatar WadadliEmpress is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ANTIGUA BABY!!
    Posts
    17,580
    Credits
    1,515,717
    DAMN :devil

  9. #9
    OnE eYe MoNsTeR InC. Cook's Avatar Cook is offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    in my own world
    Posts
    2,349
    Credits
    1,013,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie Fyah
    wow...well i'm glad it happened now...instead of when i leave for trini...i'd be so fackin vexed..!!! :devil
    I agree Angie I think those of us leaving for trini need this it will make being in trini that much sweeter when we reach.


    Mystic: I does get meh source from 1010 wins breds. 9 times out of 10 they weather forcast does be on point.

  10. #10
    Castle Dweller Island Girl's Avatar Island Girl is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In a Fete
    Posts
    620
    Credits
    1,011,309
    Quote Originally Posted by WadadliEmpress
    DAMN :devil

    BTW I like your sig

  11. #11
    Registered User NYC2BGI's Avatar NYC2BGI is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    3,736
    Credits
    1,530,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Xtremist
    weather.com lied to me bred, now dem change forecast

    12-15
    I just heard the forcast and it keeps getting worse. Look at all the areas that will get snow. Weather people do make mistakes though.

  12. #12
    i'm watchin' u thessalonians's Avatar thessalonians is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Av Room
    Posts
    2,171
    Credits
    1,006,084
    Quote Originally Posted by thcook
    NYC2BGI I tried telling these people but some saying no is a few inches ah snow and others head was just in the sex OPP forum.

    lol ok.


    ok this is my ticket to leave work early and maybe not work tomorrow!

  13. #13
    The Great Pretender Sugahkhayne's Avatar Sugahkhayne is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    In my skin
    Posts
    16,502
    Credits
    1,041,886
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC2BGI
    I just got this email here at work :

    ----------

    BRONX NY-KINGS (BROOKLYN) NY-NASSAU NY-NEW YORK (MANHATTAN) NY- QUEENS NY-RICHMOND (STATEN IS.) NY-SOUTHERN FAIRFIELD CT- SOUTHERN WESTCHESTER NY- 350 PM EST FRI JAN 21 2005

    ... A BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON SATURDAY TO NOON SUNDAY ...

    THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON NY HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARD WARNING.

    SNOW WILL MOVE IN SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND WILL CONTINUE SATURDAY NIGHT. THE SNOW WILL TAPER OFF SUNDAY MORNING. FINAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE 12 TO 15 INCHES BY SUNDAY MORNING. IN ADDITION TO THE SNOW... NORTHEAST WINDS WILL INCREASE SATURDAY AFTERNOON... AND WILL BE QUITE GUSTY SATURDAY NIGHT. STRONG NORTHERLY WINDS WILL PERSIST SUNDAY MORNING. THESE WINDS WILL RESULT IN BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF SNOW.

    A BLIZZARD WARNING IS ISSUED WHEN SUSTAINED WIND SPEEDS OR FREQUENT GUSTS OF OVER 35 MPH ARE EXPECTED WITH CONSIDERABLE FALLING AND OR BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW. VISIBILITIES WILL BECOME POOR... WITH WHITEOUT CONDITIONS AT TIMES. THOSE VENTURING OUTDOORS MAY BECOME LOST OR DISORIENTED... SO PERSONS IN THE WARNING AREA ARE ADVISED TO STAY INDOORS.

    that gives me enuf time to get to costco since dem open at 10...and get back home
    Some men move mountains
    Some women move men who move mountains
    Most women with mountains move some men
    But I...I am a woman who is moved by men who can get through the valley

    Queen GodIs

  14. #14
    Registered User Red Pole's Avatar Red Pole is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    9,472
    Credits
    1,591,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugahkhayne
    that gives me enuf time to get to costco since dem open at 10...and get back home
    You gine get de economy size Pocket Rocket?

  15. #15
    Registered User NYC2BGI's Avatar NYC2BGI is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    3,736
    Credits
    1,530,694
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC2BGI
    I just heard the forcast and it keeps getting worse. Look at all the areas that will get snow. Weather people do make mistakes though.
    Sunday will look like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •