Thread: Blind woman recognises colour by touch

Credits

Blind woman recognises colour by touch

A blind woman has baffled scientists after proving on TV that she can distinguish between colours by touch.

Gabriele Simon, 48, from Wallenhorst in Germany, revealed her ability in her country's most popular TV show Wetten dass.

She used her fingertips to recognise the different colours of various t-shirts and blouses while blindfolded.

She said: "I took me 20 years to master this skill. It is a combination of pure learning and concentration."

Ms Simon added: "This ability really gives me more independence, as I don't need to ask my mother about what to wear anymore."

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jebratt
    A blind woman has baffled scientists after proving on TV that she can distinguish between colours by touch.

Gabriele Simon, 48, from Wallenhorst in Germany, revealed her ability in her country's most popular TV show Wetten dass.

She used her fingertips to recognise the different colours of various t-shirts and blouses while blindfolded.

She said: "I took me 20 years to master this skill. It is a combination of pure learning and concentration."

Ms Simon added: "This ability really gives me more independence, as I don't need to ask my mother about what to wear anymore."
    I need a lot more Scientific data before i fall for this one.....

trini1981

and u expect ppl to believe dis right?

Credits
    she damn lie, are you telling me her hand can detect the light frequencies in color?

if i have on polka dot or stripes will she know?

Credits
    Sounds like a tall story to me.

Credits

STEUPPS