Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blame Roger!!!!!!!!!!!!

Credits

Blame Roger!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/60224.htm

January 12, 2006 -- ALBANY The anguished mother of a firefighter seriously injured during the transit strike blamed Roger Toussaint yesterday for the accident and called on a judge to throw the book at the union boss.
    In an emotional letter to Brooklyn state Supreme Court Judge Theodore Jones, Eileen Long recounted how her son Matthew was hit by a bus two days before Christmas after being forced to ride his bike to work because of the strike.

"Toussaint has [led] his members to break the law and he must be punished," Long wrote. "He not only broke the law, he caused the situation leading to my son's broken body and my broken heart."

In her letter, the mother of nine noted the strike was a violation of the state Taylor Law, which is punishable by jail.

"Therefore, I implore you to enforce the letter of the law on behalf of my son Matthew and all New Yorkers who have suffered at Mr. Toussaint's hands during this strike."

Because of the strike, Matthew Long was forced to ride his bike to his job as a fitness instructor at the FDNY Academy on Randalls Island. He was struck by a private bus from Queens making an illegal turn on East 52nd Street and Third Avenue in Queens, suffering multiple fractures and a crushed pelvis. Long has been forced to undergo six surgeries so far.

"Roger Toussaint was celebrating Christmas with his family, opening gifts . . . while my family was at New York Cornell praying that my son would be alive to celebrate another day," Eileen Long wrote.

Mrs. Long, the wife of state Conservative Party Chairman Michael Long, said had it not been for the strike, neither her son nor the driver of the private bus would have been on that street.

In an interview with The Post, Eileen Long said she fears that simply fining Toussaint won't be enough of a deterrent to stop future strikes.

"I'm not a revengeful person, but I've tried to teach my children to respect and follow the law," she said.

Mrs. Long said Matthew is slowly improving, though he remains in critical condition in the hospital trauma unit.

On Monday, after a smaller tracheotomy tube was inserted, he was able to utter his first words to his family, she said.

"He asked me how I was doing, and was I worried," Eileen Long recounted. "I said, 'Not anymore.' "

Toussaint did not address the mom's call for jail time in a statement released by his spokesman.

"The hearts and minds of New York's transit workers are with Matthew and the entire Long family. We are praying for his recovery," Toussaint said.

But Long said Toussaint should not bother visiting and took offense to his comments earlier in the day that transit workers were "bloodied, but we are unbowed."

"He should look the word [bloodied] up in the dictionary," she said. "He's got a lot of nerve to say that. Matt needed 60 units of blood in 48 hours."

DOES ANYBODY AGREE WITH THIS LAWSUIT???

Mad Scorpion
    Quote Originally Posted by south'oman
    The anguished mother of a firefighter seriously injured during the transit strike blamed Roger Toussaint yesterday for the accident and called on a judge to throw the book at the union boss.
    Not tryin to be insesitive but seriously, blame Roger? because de bike, the bus and the operators of both have nutten to do with it right? These poeple does really piss me off oui!! What the ass crack doh realize is Toussaint couldn't strike without board approval so maybe she should be more pissed with the board for approving the strike dan Roger. It shows how ignorance does dominate we society oui!!

Credits
    thats stupid

Credits

January 12, 2006 -- ALBANY The anguished mother of a firefighter seriously injured during the transit strike blamed Roger Toussaint yesterday for the accident and called on a judge to throw the book at the union boss.
    In an emotional letter to Brooklyn state Supreme Court Judge Theodore Jones, Eileen Long recounted how her son Matthew was hit by a bus two days before Christmas after being forced to ride his bike to work because of the strike.

"Toussaint has [led] his members to break the law and he must be punished," Long wrote. "He not only broke the law, he caused the situation leading to my son's broken body and my broken heart."

In her letter, the mother of nine noted the strike was a violation of the state Taylor Law, which is punishable by jail.

"Therefore, I implore you to enforce the letter of the law on behalf of my son Matthew and all New Yorkers who have suffered at Mr. Toussaint's hands during this strike."

Because of the strike, Matthew Long was forced to ride his bike to his job as a fitness instructor at the FDNY Academy on Randalls Island. He was struck by a private bus from Queens making an illegal turn on East 52nd Street and Third Avenue in Queens, suffering multiple fractures and a crushed pelvis. Long has been forced to undergo six surgeries so far.

"Roger Toussaint was celebrating Christmas with his family, opening gifts . . . while my family was at New York Cornell praying that my son would be alive to celebrate another day," Eileen Long wrote.

Mrs. Long, the wife of state Conservative Party Chairman Michael Long, said had it not been for the strike, neither her son nor the driver of the private bus would have been on that street.

In an interview with The Post, Eileen Long said she fears that simply fining Toussaint won't be enough of a deterrent to stop future strikes.

"I'm not a revengeful person, but I've tried to teach my children to respect and follow the law," she said.

Mrs. Long said Matthew is slowly improving, though he remains in critical condition in the hospital trauma unit.

On Monday, after a smaller tracheotomy tube was inserted, he was able to utter his first words to his family, she said.

"He asked me how I was doing, and was I worried," Eileen Long recounted. "I said, 'Not anymore.' "

Toussaint did not address the mom's call for jail time in a statement released by his spokesman.

"The hearts and minds of New York's transit workers are with Matthew and the entire Long family. We are praying for his recovery," Toussaint said.

But Long said Toussaint should not bother visiting and took offense to his comments earlier in the day that transit workers were "bloodied, but we are unbowed."

"He should look the word [bloodied] up in the dictionary," she said. "He's got a lot of nerve to say that. Matt needed 60 units of blood in 48 hours."

only in america !!!

well heck i should bring a law suit too... i got a corn on ma toe from all the walking to and from Penn station

Stupid people

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Studded General
    Not tryin to be insesitive but seriously, blame Roger? because de bike, the bus and the operators of both have nutten to do with it right? These poeple does really piss me off oui!! What the ass crack doh realize is Toussaint couldn't strike without board approval so maybe she should be more pissed with the board for approving the strike dan Roger. It shows how ignorance does dominate we society oui!!
    YUH BLINKIN RIGHT, MAN...TOO MUCH SH*TTIN' TIME ON PPL HANDS *STEUPS* aside from all of that re the board, is de blasted bus driver fault so why she doh sue he or the private company that own the bus???? gov't just looking to do alll kinda wickednes to that man...yuh eh see she husband is the chairman of the conservative party

Credits
    daiz de biggest pack ah tutu ah ever read steupesssss

on second thought nah like today is my day for hearing silly stories..on the news this morning a pregnant woman contested a ticket she got for driving in a HOV lane..homegirl claim her unborn child is a person and she counted the child as a passenger
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

Credits
    i find they should arrest her for stupidity .

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Val3nie2debone

on second thought nah like today is my day for hearing silly stories..on the news this morning a pregnant woman contested a ticket she got for driving in a HOV lane..homegirl claim her unborn child is a person and she counted the child as a passenger
    she pass being dotish, they shoul dmake she give up dat chile at birth cause no one should be forced to have such a schtupid mudda

Credits

Talking

i guess to her high occupancy =2

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencia
    i find they should arrest her for stupidity
    cosign

Credits

fuhget di assness part ah it.....dat is hilarious!

Credits

... ...

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    This country is rife with stupid people.

I should sue too, I pulled a muscle walking over the Brooklyn Bridge during the strike.
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits
    she's a grieving mother who has trouble accepting her son's death and she's just passing blame so i will excuse her letter to the judge

Credits

THE FACKING PROPOGANDA MACHINE AT WORK!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast