Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blair blames black parents

Credits

Blair blames black parents

http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/...055148,00.html
    Tony Blair yesterday claimed the spate of knife and gun murders in London was not being caused by poverty, but a distinctive black culture. His remarks angered community leaders, who accused him of ignorance and failing to provide support for black-led efforts to tackle the problem.One accused him of misunderstanding the advice he had been given on the issue at a Downing Street summit.

renegade
    Wheres the proof that he's wrong?
    You know what I have come to realise there are places in the world where poverty is rampant but crime is not.

Therefore poverty is not the issue, culture is.

As a Jamaican I can tell you that people have now conflated criminal culture with what it means to be a yardie. How is it that other islands with similar rates of poverty dont have anything approaching the level of voilence.

Clearly how people percieve violence will influence how rampant it becomes.
    Last edited by renegade; 04-12-2007 at 09:41 AM.

Credits
    None

renegade
    Quote Originally Posted by Skilzman View Post
    None
    But he will be crucified for stating whats obvious.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade View Post
    But he will be crucified for stating whats obvious.
    I think people know that he talking the truth...the truth hurts

Credits
    I think people know that he talking the truth...the truth hurts
    yep

Credits
    Oh, nevermind the FAILING TO PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR BLACK-LED EFFORTS....

hello, of course some people just don't raise they children properly, but by in large - that is not the case for the majority of black families living in poverty stricken neighborhoods...so these people must suffer b/c a few raise criminals?!! and they all live in the same neighborhoods.

Idle hands are the devil's playground...without government monetary support for education, extra-curricula activities, sports/recreation, etc. - there is nothing left for these children to involve themselves with but crime, which is always prevalent and exciting.

Don't tell me you din' never get caught up as a child doing wrong things b/c your ass was idle? It would be a lie. Some children get tooooo caught up, then it catches up with them. *smfh*

Credits

Smile

Anthony iz correct to "blame" Black parents

For too long, Black parents have been denying our Afrikanness

When you deny who you truly are, iz nothing but trouble that will cum

Blair needs to go read some Black/Afrikan authors, detoxify himself and fuck to hell off

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleElle View Post
    Idle hands are the devil's playground...without government monetary support for education, extra-curricula activities, sports/recreation, etc. - there is nothing left for these children to involve themselves with but crime, which is always prevalent and exciting.
    So is the government fault that these people get involved in crime?Steups

Credits
    Got to keep it gansta!

Credits
    Oh, nevermind the FAILING TO PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR BLACK-LED EFFORTS....

hello, of course some people just don't raise they children properly, but by in large - that is not the case for the majority of black families living in poverty stricken neighborhoods...so these people must suffer b/c a few raise criminals?!! and they all live in the same neighborhoods.

Don't tell me you din' never get caught up as a child doing wrong things b/c your ass was idle? It would be a lie. Some children get tooooo caught up, then it catches up with them. *smfh*
    I guess the governments of trinidad and jamaica cut spending in education over the last ten years dramatically

Credits
    So is the government fault that these people get involved in crime?Steups
    Uh, yes.

Here's why:
    In Billie's neighborhood, he and his friend have music and art lessons in school. Lil Fred found out he loves the guitar, so afterschool - his daddy has him in guitar lessons til 6, then he comes home does his homework and goes to bed. Does it all over tomorrow. He becomes a teen, still infused withthe love of music, forms a boy band - dabbles in a lil weed, maybe coke, but the band pretty much keeps to themself, plays every now and again, gets girls, lives a life goes off to college.....rest is living history. Billie finds he loves to draw, practices day in and out, finds some 14 year old girl to paint naked, they make (a teenage) love, date go to the movies, museums, keep out of trouble, he goes off to the Arts Institute of Pittsburg and she to UPenn.

In Ralstons neighborhood now, school starts at 8 ends at 3, and all the while you're there, you're reading out of outdated texts in overcrowded classrooms, sometimes with kids varying 2-3 years in age difference from lefbacks. Some kids forgetting they ritalin and causing confusion is too much for Ralston, so he begins to cut class. Who's going to miss him in a class of 34? Rals catches up with his buddies, they do what? Ralston was never offered the opportunity to find out he has a passion for drums, or the clarinet, or sketching, or modern dance, or ################ing ballet. Nothing artistic or cultural is given to our children without a fight...they never have money for it in the inner cities, yet, how much billion is being spent on that Freedom Tower @ the world trade site?

It's systematic. All over the world they systematically try to keep African-descendants (my bad) from acheiving anything minimally great. As little as a high school diploma is a damn struggle for our youth. STUPEZ
    Last edited by ElleElle; 04-12-2007 at 10:59 AM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    I guess the governments of trinidad and jamaica cut spending in education over the last ten years dramatically
    It's not just about education alone. Lord, read.

Credits
    It's not just about education alone. Lord, read.
    Lord, think, I know is not just about education I was highlighting the problems in your hypothesis, Caribbean governments have increased expenditure in education, sports, community development (you want me to continue to make things clear?) and crime has increased.

Credits

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    Lord, think, I know is not just about education I was highlighting the problems in your hypothesis, Caribbean governments have increased expenditure in education, sports, community development (you want me to continue to make things clear?) and crime has increased.
    Yuh sound like yuh is already a Rasta; or at least on de way...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast