Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black People

Credits

Exclamation Black People

Since the Board is filled with those 'types' of threads, lets examine where things went wrong. Honestly as i think back, i can't remember a time where all this negativity between black women and men was apparent. When i look back at the 70's and 80's, all the songs was about black love and black family. The black family was a strong unit. Where did it all go wrong?

These songs just scream black love and support. Where did it all go wrong??

I grew up in a nuclear family. My mom and dad divorced when i was 7 but my mom remarried a few years later to a man that treated me like his daughter. All i knew was the 'family' unit. From looking at my grandparents on down. Now living here in this time, all i'm seeing is the fighting amongst black people with the 'black women don't do this' or 'black men don't do that'. Some people even putting other races above themselves when it's not the skin color that makes a difference, but the circumstances that an individual experienced that shaped them to be who they are today.

It's like people are waiting for this magic pill that will 'fix' the black community. There is no pill! It starts with YOU as an individual. You fix YOUR problems and everything should fall into place. As Michael Jackson said 'Start with the Man/Woman in the mirror.
    ~~When your character is built on spiritual and moral foundations, your contagious way of life will influence millions.~~

Real Eyes
    Realize
    Real Lies

Credits

I love this man

If i was born during his time and had the opportunity to be around this man, I would definitely want to marry him. Not only is he intelligent, but he's charming, Wise as well as handsome.

I wonder how many men can hold a candle to this man...
    ~~When your character is built on spiritual and moral foundations, your contagious way of life will influence millions.~~

Real Eyes
    Realize
    Real Lies

Juan Dan
    hahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahahah

such confusion

at furrkan being a good man
    lol

sometime me wonder if onu have sense

yet to answer the question

the men became shaft
    and the women foxy brown

its that simple

when the woman HAVE AN IDEA whom a good man is or a good one for black people
    THEN
    onu will learn a thing or few

Credits
    Big Thread!
    Marcus Garvey said you would not know yourself till your back is against the wall. It gone through the wall now.

Credits

FF to 1:20:00

TRUTH!

Real Eyes
    Realize
    Real Lies

Credits
    Stella got her groove back...

Credits
    Farrakhan is such an intelligent man. I don't agree with EVERYTHING he says, but I respect his conviction and the fact that he learned and a studied individual. As for the black family unit, LOL that is a topic that could be explored for days upon end, I have said many times before that the key to the black family succeeding is in the black man getting his shit together. This is not a bash the black man statement either its just the facts. We live in a PATRIRCHAL world, men dominate GLOBALLY, if we as a race have men in crisis than there is no way we can thrive. The fact that black women are becoming educated in large numbers is not going to help if the men are being left behind. All it leads to is an imbalance, Black men feeling alienated and diminished, emasculated and black women feeling angry and disappointed.
    The men are the ones who need to change things.
    Just my

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinababy View Post
    Farrakhan is such an intelligent man. I don't agree with EVERYTHING he says, but I respect his conviction and the fact that he learned and a studied individual. As for the black family unit, LOL that is a topic that could be explored for days upon end, I have said many times before that the key to the black family succeeding is in the black man getting his shit together. This is not a bash the black man statement either its just the facts. We live in a PATRIRCHAL world, men dominate GLOBALLY, if we as a race have men in crisis than there is no way we can thrive. The fact that black women are becoming educated in large numbers is not going to help if the men are being left behind. All it leads to is an imbalance, Black men feeling alienated and diminished, emasculated and black women feeling angry and disappointed.
    Just my

what about we black men and black women getting or shit together

do you really want to compare black men accomplishment compare to black women

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Ms. Classy Lady~ View Post
    Since the Board is filled with those 'types' of threads, lets examine where things went wrong. Honestly as i think back, i can't remember a time where all this negativity between black women and men was apparent. When i look back at the 70's and 80's, all the songs was about black love and black family. The black family was a strong unit. Where did it all go wrong?

These songs just scream black love and support. Where did it all go wrong??

I grew up in a nuclear family. My mom and dad divorced when i was 7 but my mom remarried a few years later to a man that treated me like his daughter. All i knew was the 'family' unit. From looking at my grandparents on down. Now living here in this time, all i'm seeing is the fighting amongst black people with the 'black women don't do this' or 'black men don't do that'. Some people even putting other races above themselves when it's not the skin color that makes a difference, but the circumstances that an individual experienced that shaped them to be who they are today.

It's like people are waiting for this magic pill that will 'fix' the black community. There is no pill! It starts with YOU as an individual. You fix YOUR problems and everything should fall into place. As Michael Jackson said 'Start with the Man/Woman in the mirror.
    Whats different now is that everybody has the soapbox called the internet so everyone is an amateur shrink, sociologist etc.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BacchanalDiva View Post
    Whats different now is that everybody has the soapbox called the internet so everyone is an amateur shrink, sociologist etc.
    :Rofl: so true

Credits
    Once the fowlfockery that is posted on imix is not YOUR REALITY.........just trample it.
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinababy View Post
    Just my

bravo...said this a zillion times....but it's considered man bashing when i say it
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Credits
    "Giving up is hard to do
    When you really love someone
    Giving up .... so hard to do
    When you still depend upon
    Her warm and tender touch
    Her kiss and her hug..........her caress
    Oooooh that used to mean so much
    And bring you happiness"

- Donny Hathaway

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Ms. Classy Lady~ View Post
    If i was born during his time and had the opportunity to be around this man, I would definitely want to marry him. Not only is he intelligent, but he's charming, Wise as well as handsome.

I wonder how many men can hold a candle to this man...
    ask yourself this....how many men do you know that rejects his perspective about the black MAN reclaiming his position in the community

the concept of the million man march is lost, when every man would rather blame women than look at themselves

if every man that surrounds you, is blaming black women, then you know, they nowhere near the level of Mr Farrakhan
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Credits

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    ask yourself this....how many men do you know that rejects his perspective about the black MAN reclaiming his position in the community

the concept of the million man march is lost, when every man would rather blame women than look at themselves

if every man that surrounds you, is blaming black women, then you know, they nowhere near the level of Mr Farrakhan
    Yep! He's such a dynamic and fearless person. He speaks nothing but the truth. I really wish people would lesson to the message that he brings instead of focusing only on the messenger.

I was thinking if he would do another one, because i was so young when the million man/woman march came around. But with the mentality of people today...i don't think it's possible.

Real Eyes
    Realize
    Real Lies

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast