Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Black men’s excuses for Ray Rice sound like the ones Darren Wilson’s supporters used

Credits

Black men’s excuses for Ray Rice sound like the ones Darren Wilson’s supporters used

this is EXACTLY what i have been saying for the past few days

Black men’s excuses for Ray Rice sound a lot like the ones Darren Wilson’s supporters used - The Washington Post

Black men. Fellas. Brothers.

Stop complaining about Ray Rice’s (much deserved and yet woefully insufficient) punishment. Right now.

When we are beaten, slain and otherwise persecuted, our sisters, our mothers, and our women stand for us with nearly unilateral, unwavering support. They march for us. They cry out our names and demand justice. They support us in our moments of quiet fear when we shed the bitter tears of self-doubt and fatigue.

Why aren’t we doing the same?

Stephen A. Smith wasn’t alone in blaming black women for the violence against them. Too many black men are making shameful attempts to explain away the punch that Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice laid on his then-fiancee, Janay Palmer. The caught-on-tape abuse earned Rice an indefinite suspension from the NFL this week. That’s the least he should suffer for knocking a woman unconscious. It’s foolish to watch that video and see it any other way.

And yet, black men are complaining about Ray Rice’s punishment and diminishing his actions:

“It couldn’t have been that bad. She married him.”

It doesn’t matter.

“She should know he’s a big man and, if provoked, he’s gonna hit back.”

It doesn’t matter.

“She hit him first.”

It doesn’t matter.

“He’s trained to hit. He can’t stop it. It’s a reflex.”

That’s absurd and, even if it were true, it doesn’t matter.

When you say these kinds of things — when you look for ways to go easy on Ray Rice — you are doing two things: First, you’re telling black women, “Your lives and your sense of safety have less value to me than the recreational sports that I watch ritually.” You’re telling the women who stand for you, cry for you and demand justice for you, “Thanks for all that, but don’t mess with my game.” You damage their feeling of safety with you. You reinforce the perception that they are alone in their struggle. All of that leaves them even more vulnerable in a society that so often leaves them behind.

The second thing you do – and this is irony – is borrow from the script of people like Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson’s supporters. Let’s compare notes:

“He shouldn’t have been in the street.”

It doesn’t matter.

“He should have listened to the cop.”

It doesn’t matter.

“It was reflex. Cops are trained to shoot to kill. He couldn’t help it.”

Are you seeing the terrifying parallel? None of these excuses matter.

Brothers, recognize wrong and stand up for what’s right. Whatever happened between Ray and Janay Rice, and whatever they did to patch things up, is irrelevant. The bottom line is that no man has business hitting — let alone knocking out — any woman over a spat. He should regard the use of his body against her as lethal force and exercise restraint above all else.

Stop complaining about Ray Rice’s suspension. Stop minimizing his behavior. Stop giving in to blind idol worship.

And stop sipping your tea. This is your business.

When one of our sisters is hurt, abused or in peril, it’s our business. Because when some authority has us jammed against a car with guns drawn on us, they always make it their business to speak out. They throw themselves in peril to see us safe.

It’s a shame when we cannot do the same.
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Credits
    lol @ NOT ONE dude touching this....not even the ones that claim to be good men that have it together....

when i gauge this against the stuff that some of you dudes DO comment on, and what you choose to say...don't be surprised when i draw my conclusions lol
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    lol @ NOT ONE dude touching this....not even the ones that claim to be good men that have it together....

when i gauge this against the stuff that some of you dudes DO comment on, and what you choose to say...don't be surprised when i draw my conclusions lol
    I imagine it will gain little traction because is you that posted it. Whether you do or not, it always seems as if your ulterior motive is to discuss men from a standpoint of being weak. The recurring theme feels so redundant that you are not likely to be seriously engaged in any real discussion of the matter. Can't speak with certainty for all here but I would bet on that being a major factor.
    Space available for RENT

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Unit View Post
    I imagine it will gain little traction because is you that posted it. Whether you do or not, it always seems as if your ulterior motive is to discuss men from a standpoint of being weak. The recurring theme feels so redundant that you are not likely to be seriously engaged in any real discussion of the matter. Can't speak with certainty for all here but I would bet on that being a major factor.
    this article was written by a man....

whether people like my "tone" or not, the issues are REAL....people need to get over that shit

if a dancehall artist wears a skirt...the thread can go on for pages about the trivialities of men acting "gay" but when something of substance is presented, that fits the same theme...no one wants to touch it with a ten foot pole

it's like people continue to find excuses not to be enlightened...they want to discuss things on a superficial level...never looking at the bigger picture

y'all mad when i say men are weak.....but it's all good to say men acting gay all of a sudden? what's the difference?

if i posted a video of a woman giving a man licks....it would have been 20 pages about how todays women are "beasty" a thread about women wearing weaves would have sold off with the imix men insulting women

where are all the men that support tommy sotomayor or tariq nasheed bullshit to vilify women? all the men that continuously INSULT women in the name of attempting to identify pathologies, where are they and why are they ignoring their OWN?

and fyi...avoiding this thread IS WEAK...especially when men are bawling in other threads "but women beat us too"...avoidance never stopped something from being TRUE....men can ignore me all they want, it doesn't make me wrong, in fact, it just VALIDATES everything i say

i WISH men would prove me wrong sometimes and stop being intimidated by me and the truth i set forth.....

Credits
    this article was written by a man....

whether people like my "tone" or not, the issues are REAL....people need to get over that shit

if a dancehall artist wears a skirt...the thread can go on for pages about the trivialities of men acting "gay" but when something of substance is presented, that fits the same theme...no one wants to touch it with a ten foot pole

it's like people continue to find excuses not to be enlightened...they want to discuss things on a superficial level...never looking at the bigger picture

y'all mad when i say men are weak.....but it's all good to say men acting gay all of a sudden? what's the difference?

if i posted a video of a woman giving a man licks....it would have been 20 pages about how todays women are "beasty" a thread about women wearing weaves would have sold off with the imix men insulting women

where are all the men that support tommy sotomayor or tariq nasheed bullshit to vilify women? all the men that continuously INSULT women in the name of attempting to identify pathologies, where are they and why are they ignoring their OWN?

and fyi...avoiding this thread IS WEAK...especially when men are bawling in other threads "but women beat us too"...avoidance never stopped something from being TRUE....men can ignore me all they want, it doesn't make me wrong, in fact, it just VALIDATES everything i say

i WISH men would prove me wrong sometimes and stop being intimidated by me and the truth i set forth.....

Xcuse me for a sec....

Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    dont hit if you dont want to get hit, man or woman. thats all i have to say

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sankofaa View Post
    dont hit if you dont want to get hit, man or woman. thats all i have to say

to quote the dude that wrote the article

https://www.facebook.com/notes/julia...52720200344777

And yes, yes, yes, ALL people should keep their hands to themselves, but frankly thats a Kindergarten response to a grown-ass problem. When we are children and have no capacity for restraint or sense of boundaries we cannot be expected to understand the complexities of a measured response. In that case the simple rule of "both of you, keep your hands to yourself" is not only sufficent but all that a child can be expected to fully grasp. But as adults we have the ability to reason and consider consequences and when one party fails to use reason the other has the responsibility to not continue the cycle. And if that means that a man with a few stone weight and reach and height has to suffer a punch long enough to make a better choice that BRUTAL retaliation then yes. Measured restraint doesn't mean get whooped on. It means stop short of continuing the violence.

Credits
    Nikii

This was u on the Michael brown and the the nyc Si. Chokehold death - forgot his name already. :

“He should have listened to the cop.”
    So where are the voice of. black feminists On this ?

I agree black men should support black women on all levels including not being violent or coopting in violence against black women

I think ray should get some " counseling". And NOT lose. 40 mil

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    Nikii

This was u on the Michael brown and the the nyc Si. Chokehold death - forgot his name already. :

So where are the voice of. black feminists On this ?

I agree black men should support black women on all levels including not being violent or coopting in violence against black women

I think ray should get some " counseling". And NOT lose. 40 mil

lol..tell me why should the voice of Black feminists matter? stop looking for protection from women when Black men are not providing it....the sense of entitlement without reciprocity is unnerving

Black feminists DON'T CARE ABOUT HIS or ANYBODY'S MONEY....Black feminists care about the protection of WOMEN...the fact that MEN CARE MORE ABOUT THE LOSS OF MONEY, than they do about Black women speaks volumes....THAT'S the problem

people value money and the game more than they do LIFE

edit...and re: Michael Brown...it's about preservation of life....if by any means necessary....
    Collie4Nyah likes this.

Credits
    as i posted yesterday, men DETEST the concept of feminism, but they want their own version of it

what a slippery slope, when men begin to want and need feminism

Credits

Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Credits
    Nothing to say Colo?

Mmmmm hmmmm

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkigiovanni View Post
    nothing to say colo?

Mmmmm hmmmm
    nope.....
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MÉCHANT LOUP View Post
    nope.....
    Not surprised.

Kmbrct

Credits
    lol..tell me why should the voice of Black feminists matter? stop looking for protection from women when Black men are not providing it....the sense of entitlement without reciprocity is unnerving

Black feminists DON'T CARE ABOUT HIS or ANYBODY'S MONEY....Black feminists care about the protection of WOMEN...the fact that MEN CARE MORE ABOUT THE LOSS OF MONEY, than they do about Black women speaks volumes....THAT'S the problem

people value money and the game more than they do LIFE

edit...and re: Michael Brown...it's about preservation of life....if by any means necessary....
    Trying to avoid interacting with you on this subject as its clear you have an obsession with it but...

Of course we care about money more than women... yeah I said it! and its true...

Try get a women when you broke see what happens!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast