Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Black Marine veteran, 68, shot dead by police

Credits

Black Marine veteran, 68, shot dead by police

Black Marine veteran, 68, shot dead by police after wearable medical alert gadget went off in error

The Trayvon Martin story remains in national headlines this week, but little media attention has been paid to a similarly troubling case: that of Kenneth Chamberlain, Sr., a 68-year-old Marine vet killed in his home last November by police officers in White Plains, NY.

The officers were responding to a false alarm accidentally triggered by Chamberlain's medical alert pendant while he slept. Instead of helping the man, who had a heart condition, they broke down his front door, tasered him, reportedly called him the "n-word" and mocked him, then shot him dead.

Audio throughout the incident was recorded by his medical alert device.

Democracy Now has an extensive segment on the case, including an interview with the deceased man's son, Kenneth Chamberlain Jr. The New York Times ran a story on the case a few weeks ago.

The police department has so far refused to release the name of the officer who killed the elderly man:

ďIn the other incidents that you have out here of questionable shootings, the officers' names were given out. So it only makes my family and I wonder why isnít this officerís name released?Ē said Chamberlain Jr. ďHad that been myself or any other citizen inside here that shot and killed someone, our whole life history would be on television, on the radio and in the newspaper. I feel that itís only right, itís only fair that that officerís name be released.Ē

The officer is believed to currently be on duty, still working for the White Plains police. After public outcry, local protests, and an online campaign for case review, the local DA this week promised that a grand jury will hear the case. The family intends to sue.

Black Marine veteran, 68, shot dead by police after wearable medical alert gadget went off in error - Boing Boing
    Seven is the number of the natural world. There are 7 days in the week, 7 notes on the musical scale and 7 directions (left, right, up, down, forward, back and center). The Sages teach that seven are the attributes of physicality: Height, Width, Depth, Top and Bottom (limits height), Front and Back (limits width), Left and Right (limits depth), the connecting of the other six.

Credits
    If what they saying is true that is disgusting!!!
    Space available for RENT

Credits
    When will white America ever change

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Insane View Post
    Never...
    Seven is the number of the natural world. There are 7 days in the week, 7 notes on the musical scale and 7 directions (left, right, up, down, forward, back and center). The Sages teach that seven are the attributes of physicality: Height, Width, Depth, Top and Bottom (limits height), Front and Back (limits width), Left and Right (limits depth), the connecting of the other six.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Insane View Post
    They have no reason to do that. Who holds them accountable?! People does talk all they shit bout Al and Jesse and them, but if not for them raising a stink and creating a media circus what attention would these issues get? You think the DA really going to present this case as it should to a grand jury? Bet if Al was on it the name would have been released by now and more public officials would speak up!
    shortsweetness and Rinababy like this.
    Space available for RENT

Credits
    2,466,130,003,239,999,894,719,398,969,643,979,951,637,561,03 2,240,627,990,921,216
    I will hold my comments until Imix bleeding hearts comment. If I was ah betting man I would win money they wonít have anything to say about this because Facebook and the media didnít tell them to be outraged

Credits
    2,466,130,003,239,999,894,719,398,969,643,979,951,637,561,03 2,240,627,990,921,216
    OMG Ė I forgot to mention Obama was doing good in the polls and GAS prices was lower

LB
    Credits
    I was waiting for you to say to others dont get overly emotional about the story because we dont know all the facts....
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LB View Post
    I was waiting for you to say to others dont get overly emotional about the story because we dont know all the facts....
    They donít have all the facts in the Martin case but they running their mouth because FB & the media tell them they should be upset

Juan Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    I will hold my comments until Imix bleeding hearts comment. If I was ah betting man I would win money they wonít have anything to say about this because Facebook and the media didnít tell them to be outraged

LB
    Credits
    They donít have all the facts in the Martin case but they running their mouth because FB & the media tell them they should be upset
    so u want ppl do be outraged by this or not?

sorry, I dont get u Americans sometimes.

Down di road, ova di gully, pass di big tree
    Credits
    Typical rightwinger. No matter the topic they'll always find a way to make it political. It could be a discussion about why the sky is blue and they'll throw in something like "oh because Obamacare wants to take our tax dollars and drive up the greenhouse effect making the sky bluer" or some asinine crap like that.

Anyways, my condelences to the Chamberlain family. I hope the facts do come to light and justice is served. As a servicemember, and a Westchester County resident, this case hits very close to home. I'll hold my judgement till the facts are revealed. But if what the Chamberlain family says is in fact true, its outrageous that this kind of thing can even be attempted to be swept under the rug. Its clear that there is rampant injustice within the ranks of law enforcement.
    Disclaimer:
    Many of you can't keep Jamaica outa yuh mouth. Its ok, we understand you can't help it. Envy is a helluva thing. But let it be known. If you've never been to mi yawd your comments about mi yawd shall hereby be stricken as nuttin but verbal defecation. Walk good.

Yes I am a superhero. Sarcasm is my superpower.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LB View Post
    so u want ppl do be outraged by this or not?

sorry, I dont get u Americans sometimes.
    In a perfect world WE should be upset knowing all the facts in a case and not react based on what the media is pushing this week. AS you know there are some islandmix members who donít care and will talk shit, my beef with them is why you donít get angry for every case except for the ones FB and the media promote.

LB
    Credits
    In a perfect world WE should be upset knowing all the facts in a case and not react based on what the media is pushing this week. AS you know there are some islandmix members who donít care and will talk shit, my beef with them is why you donít get angry for every case except for the ones FB and the media promote.
    I have no horse in this race but the main thing that keeps coming to mind is, unless a story gets media coverage in some way shape or form, how would anyone know that it has happened enough to even be upset or outraged over some injustice? Cant react to what you dont know or hear about whether you are spoon fed the information or not.

now if u want to talk about the media manipulating what ppl read and hear about that is another matter.
    If the media are responsible for the dissemination of information that is incorrect, then where should people get their sources for any story out there, good or bad?

Credits
    So how do you expect me in Orlando to know what's going on in White Plains if there isn't any media coverage?
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast