Thread: BLACK Guilt

Credits
    2,466,130,003,239,999,894,719,398,969,643,979,951,637,561,03 2,240,627,990,921,216

BLACK Guilt

Why some light skin or mix race blacks think they must ACT extra black to be accepted in the community

Take half Portuguese VincyPowa he is always on the black pride bandwagon

Credits
    Is what you're asking anything like black folk who spend every waking moment proving they looooove everybody?

Last edited by Mrs. Campbell; 08-09-2010 at 01:46 PM.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits

Smile hey girlie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Why some light skin or mix race blacks think they must ACT extra black to be accepted in the community

no hun
    apparently those black people are okay
    its just the one's who love themselves FIRST that are the problem...

Credits
    I went to an HBCU..and in my day some of the most radical students on campus were the fairskinned or biracial ones. I'm going to go out on a limb and say not much has changed there.

Fleur? Taj.. can u confirm?

I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Credits
    With SOME darker skinned Black people calling the lighter skinned Black people names like yellow, whitey, lite n brite, etc., of course they feel like they have to overcompensate for their "Blackness" because they are not the shade that those same people or some of society equates with being "Black".
    Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

Credits
    Light skinded black people are impure and should be chastised then shunned.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

STUPID QUESTION BUT I WILL ANSWER IT.

Then again, it is not really a STUPID, just one that has some animosity, deluded sense of revenge, jealousy, envy, hateration and some EMOTIONALISM all mixed into one.

That said; my BLACKNESS or me being BLACK has ZERO to do with SKIN COLOR (I LOVE MY SKIN COLOR) and EVERYTHING TO DO WITH MY AFRICANITY or MY AFRICANNESS.

I do not know what ACT EXTRA BLACK means. Maybe you can define for me what acting extra Black means as opposed to just acting Black.

Was Malcolm X ACTING EXTRA BLACK? WAS MARCUS GARVEY ACTING EXTRA BLACK or was he just acting Black?

Was WEB DUBIOUS ACTING EXTRA BLACK? WAS Huey NEWTON ACTING EXTRA BLACK? Was STOKELY CARMICHAEL ACTING EXTRA BLACK or was he just acting BLACK? WAS FREDERICK DOUGLAS ACTING EXTRA BLACK? Was Khalid Muhammad acting EXTRA BLACK or was he just acting BLACK?

I want you to CLEAR UP SOME OF THESE QUESTIONS for ME so that I can get a sense of what ACTING EXTRA BLACK MEANS as opposed to just ACTING BLACK.

YUHHHHHHHH SEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEE

TC
    Credits
    HOLD the PHONE! Vincy POWA is mixed race? HALF and HALF?!!! CAPSLOCK and all!!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    STUPID QUESTION BUT I WILL ANSWER IT.

That said; my BLACKNESS or me being BLACK has ZERO to do with SKIN COLOR (I LOVE MY SKIN COLOR) and EVERYTHING TO DO WITH MY AFRICANITY or MY AFRICANNESS.

I do not know what ACT EXTRA BLACK means. Maybe you can define for me what acting extra Black means as opposed to just acting Black.
    This is African culture this is what you want to live fuking idiot.

The hundreds of Liberian families who sought refuge in Arizona fled a West African civil war that piled the unthinkable upon the more routine horrors of conflict, many at the hands of children.

In Phoenix the families thought they had put all that behind them but in recent days they, and much of the rest of Arizona's capital, have grappled with what appears to be a terrible crime apparently made worse by an almost incomprehensible response.

It was bad enough that four boys, one only nine years old, allegedly lured an eight-year-old girl in to a shed with a promise of chewing gum and took turns raping and assaulting her. But what followed has left Phoenix residents and authorities perplexed and angry.

When the police arrived, the girl's mother told them to take her daughter away and not bring her back because she brought shame on the family by saying she was raped.

"Nothing has happened to my daughter. Nobody has touched my daughter," said the mother who cannot be named in order to protect the identity of her daughter.

The child's older sister said she only has herself to blame.

"I said to her: It's not good for you to be following guys because you're still little," she said. "She always bring trouble."

The girl has been taken in to care.

The police say there is evidence of rape. They allege that the boys held the girl down and took turns to "brutally sexually assault" her for about 15 minutes. The police were called when the girl was found screaming and with her clothes torn.

Four boys who were found running from the scene have been charged with kidnapping and sexual assault. Steven Tuopeh, 14, is being prosecuted as an adult. The others, aged from nine to 13, will be tried in juvenile court.

Now the mother is calling for her daughter's alleged attackers to be released saying that it is an internal matter within the close-knit refugee community of about 1,200 Liberians who fled their country's civil wars, notoriously brutal even by African standards, but cannot escape their legacy.

The conflicts were marked by indiscriminate killing, mutilation and rape - and the recruitment of child soldiers who were responsible for all three often while high on drugs or alcohol. Children were also frequently the victims of rape. Many others witnessed killings, sometimes of parents. Before they made it to America some were struggling by in refugee camps.

Lasana Kamara, who helped found a support organisation for Liberian refugees, the Arizona Mandingo Association, said that a culture of violence continues to grip children from the community.

"The families have been traumatised, the children have been traumatised. Sometimes they have seen things. Sometimes their parents were killed. The violence they have seen is part of them. They form gangs according to where they are from in Liberia," said Kamara, who fled the west African state in 1992 and now works as a detention officer at a local sheriff's jail.

"That war was total destruction. With all they have seen, then coming here, it's very difficult. It's going to take a very long time for the children to really get themselves together. Every month we have meetings and tell the kids don't do this. But sometimes it's beyond control."

Some of the children were too young to have witnessed the conflict first hand, but they are still drawn in to its aftermath, particularly with attitudes toward violence and rape.

Sexual violence in Liberia may have been widespread but it was barely taken seriously. The victims were often made to feel responsible. Rape was outlawed in Liberia only in 2006.

That law was passed by the country's first female president, Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, who has sought to remove the stigma by revealing that she was the victim of attempted rape during the war. Johnson-Sirleaf criticised the girl's family.

"I think that family is wrong. They should help that child who has been traumatised and they should make sure that they work with the US law authorities to see what can be done about the other young boys who have committed this offence," she said. "Not only should they abide by the law, but they too need serious counselling because clearly they are doing something, something that is no longer acceptable in our society here."

MONROVIA, 4 December 2006 (IRIN) - "It was a shock for me when I was raped," the lithe 15-year-old girl said with tears running down her face. "The man called and asked me to help him wash his clothes. After doing the washing, he told me to clean up his bedroom and while doing that he jumped on me, tore off my clothes and began raping me."

Explaining her ordeal to IRIN, the girl, who did not want to be named or identified in any way, said the man raped her four months ago. The case was reported to the local court, but has yet to be heard.

The girl said she bled for three weeks after the incident and still feels pain. She has a medical certificate confirming that she was raped. But the man has fled the community since her parents took the case to court, and the girl said she has little hope of seeing him face justice.

Her brutal experience is not an anomaly in post-conflict Liberia: it is the norm. Government officials, aid workers and community leaders said attacks like this happen every day, most without even raising comment let alone making the newspapers.

Yea go back to africa and bring up yuh family, stupid fuk.
    Them fukers is savages. them bin that way all deh miserable life.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by swallow View Post

The hundreds of Liberian families who sought refuge in Arizona fled a West African civil war that piled the unthinkable upon the more routine horrors of conflict, many at the hands of children.

In Phoenix the families thought they had put all that behind them but in recent days they, and much of the rest of Arizona's capital, have grappled with what appears to be a terrible crime apparently made worse by an almost incomprehensible response.

It was bad enough that four boys, one only nine years old, allegedly lured an eight-year-old girl in to a shed with a promise of chewing gum and took turns raping and assaulting her. But what followed has left Phoenix residents and authorities perplexed and angry.

When the police arrived, the girl's mother told them to take her daughter away and not bring her back because she brought shame on the family by saying she was raped.

"Nothing has happened to my daughter. Nobody has touched my daughter," said the mother who cannot be named in order to protect the identity of her daughter.

The child's older sister said she only has herself to blame.

"I said to her: It's not good for you to be following guys because you're still little," she said. "She always bring trouble."

The girl has been taken in to care.

The police say there is evidence of rape. They allege that the boys held the girl down and took turns to "brutally sexually assault" her for about 15 minutes. The police were called when the girl was found screaming and with her clothes torn.

Four boys who were found running from the scene have been charged with kidnapping and sexual assault. Steven Tuopeh, 14, is being prosecuted as an adult. The others, aged from nine to 13, will be tried in juvenile court.

Now the mother is calling for her daughter's alleged attackers to be released saying that it is an internal matter within the close-knit refugee community of about 1,200 Liberians who fled their country's civil wars, notoriously brutal even by African standards, but cannot escape their legacy.

The conflicts were marked by indiscriminate killing, mutilation and rape - and the recruitment of child soldiers who were responsible for all three often while high on drugs or alcohol. Children were also frequently the victims of rape. Many others witnessed killings, sometimes of parents. Before they made it to America some were struggling by in refugee camps.

Lasana Kamara, who helped found a support organisation for Liberian refugees, the Arizona Mandingo Association, said that a culture of violence continues to grip children from the community.

"The families have been traumatised, the children have been traumatised. Sometimes they have seen things. Sometimes their parents were killed. The violence they have seen is part of them. They form gangs according to where they are from in Liberia," said Kamara, who fled the west African state in 1992 and now works as a detention officer at a local sheriff's jail.

"That war was total destruction. With all they have seen, then coming here, it's very difficult. It's going to take a very long time for the children to really get themselves together. Every month we have meetings and tell the kids don't do this. But sometimes it's beyond control."

Some of the children were too young to have witnessed the conflict first hand, but they are still drawn in to its aftermath, particularly with attitudes toward violence and rape.

Sexual violence in Liberia may have been widespread but it was barely taken seriously. The victims were often made to feel responsible. Rape was outlawed in Liberia only in 2006.

That law was passed by the country's first female president, Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, who has sought to remove the stigma by revealing that she was the victim of attempted rape during the war. Johnson-Sirleaf criticised the girl's family.

"I think that family is wrong. They should help that child who has been traumatised and they should make sure that they work with the US law authorities to see what can be done about the other young boys who have committed this offence," she said. "Not only should they abide by the law, but they too need serious counselling because clearly they are doing something, something that is no longer acceptable in our society here."

MONROVIA, 4 December 2006 (IRIN) - "It was a shock for me when I was raped," the lithe 15-year-old girl said with tears running down her face. "The man called and asked me to help him wash his clothes. After doing the washing, he told me to clean up his bedroom and while doing that he jumped on me, tore off my clothes and began raping me."

Explaining her ordeal to IRIN, the girl, who did not want to be named or identified in any way, said the man raped her four months ago. The case was reported to the local court, but has yet to be heard.

The girl said she bled for three weeks after the incident and still feels pain. She has a medical certificate confirming that she was raped. But the man has fled the community since her parents took the case to court, and the girl said she has little hope of seeing him face justice.

Her brutal experience is not an anomaly in post-conflict Liberia: it is the norm. Government officials, aid workers and community leaders said attacks like this happen every day, most without even raising comment let alone making the newspapers.

So I guess all of Indian culture can be defined by honor killings that happen quite frequently right? Slaughtering your sister, aunts cousins because they don't marry who they are told to marry or they have the nerve to get raped and shame the family...Them Indian people is savages right?
    Dem been that way from the start RIGHT?? All a dey miserable lives RIGHT?

Cut yuh racist shit...you are a living and breathing Indo-Guyanese stereotype.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by swallow View Post

what a STUPID racist u are!

u do know liberia is ONE contry in an ENTIRE continent!

Im not even going to get started in on the Idian ppl cuz i not a racist, but oh boy!...india is ONE small PUNY country!....not a continent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinababy View Post
    So I guess all of Indian culture can be defined by honor killings that happen quite frequently right? Slaughtering your sister, aunts cousins because they don't marry who they are told to marry or they have the nerve to get raped and shame the family...Them Indian people is savages right?Dem been that way from the start RIGHT?? All a dey miserable lives RIGHT?

hmmm.......
    he a IDOT...i never knew it b4 now!
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

Credits
    2,466,130,003,239,999,894,719,398,969,643,979,951,637,561,03 2,240,627,990,921,216
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post

I want you to CLEAR UP SOME OF THESE QUESTIONS for ME so that I can get a sense of what ACTING EXTRA BLACK MEANS as opposed to just ACTING BLACK.

YUHHHHHHHH SEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEE
    Calm down my mix breed friend .. itís a simple question based on things I have seen over the yrs . From light skin or mix breed people like yourself . There is noting wrong with you or them embracing your heritage . But you are on a Caribbean site pushing an agenda , I just wanted to know if you ashamed of your other side

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinababy View Post
    So I guess all of Indian culture can be defined by honor killings that happen quite frequently right? Slaughtering your sister, aunts cousins because they don't marry who they are told to marry or they have the nerve to get raped and shame the family...Them Indian people is savages right?
    Dem been that way from the start RIGHT?? All a dey miserable lives RIGHT?

Rina sweetheart you always trying to get into silly arguements.
    There is nothing here about indians they are talking about africanist, I'm just pointing out tings about Africa.

And where does it say I'm Indian I hate indians behaviour too.

People like you need to look @ de facts and stop justifing these savages behaviour.

Would be VP leave this nice country call America and go live in one of dem African countries. Ask yuhself and him that question.