Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Oneshot
  • 1 Post By NikkiGiovanni
  • 1 Post By Wadadlineko
  • 2 Post By Georgeflash

Thread: Black donor's sperm mistakenly sent to white parents. The child is now 2yrs old.

Credits

Arrow Black donor's sperm mistakenly sent to white parents. The child is now 2yrs old.

Black Donor's Sperm Mistakenly Sent to White Parents: Lawsuit

A white Ohio mom is suing a sperm bank for sending her vials from a black donor, saying her biracial 2-year-old will be stigmatized by her family and the "intolerant" town where they live and has to travel to get her hair done.

Jennifer Cramblett thought she was being inseminated with a white man's sperm in 2011 and only discovered after she was pregnant that the Midwest Sperm Bank sent the wrong batch, according to the lawsuit filed in Cook County Circuit Court.

The child, Payton, is now 2 years old and already experiencing prejudice in Uniontown, where 98 percent of the residents are white, court papers say.

"She carried her daughter Payton for nine months. She has bonded with the child and she loves Payton very much," her lawyer, Thomas Intili, told NBC News on Wednesday.

"But she lives in an all-white community in eastern Ohio. She did not encounter any African-American people until she entered college. Not all her friends and family members are racially sensitive."

As an example of the difficulties the family faces, the suit cited hair care for the toddler.

"Getting a young daughter's hair cut is not particularly stressful for most mothers, but to Jennifer it is not a routine matter, because Payton has hair typical of an African American girl," the suit says.

"To get a decent cut, Jennifer must travel to a black neighborhood, far from where she lives, where she is obviously different in appearance, and not overtly welcome."

Midwest Sperm Bank which touts "the highest standards of quality control" on its website declined comment.

Intili said Cramblett was at work on Wednesday and not available for interviews, but the lawsuit, which was first reported by Crain's Chicago Business, details her dealings with the sperm bank.

The suit says that when Midwest took her phone order for vials for Donor No. 380, someone in the office misread the handwritten number as 330 and sent that donor's sperm to the fertility clinic.

"They've made the one mistake a sperm bank can't make. It's not like she was ordering pizza."

After she got pregnant, Cramblett called to order eight more vials that her partner, Amanda, would use to try to get pregnant with a sibling for Payton.

It was during that conversation that she learned the bank had previously sent No. 330 to her doctor, who then confirmed that donor had been used.

"Jennifer was crying, confused and upset. All of the thought, care and planning that she and Amanda had undertaken to control their baby's parentage had been rendered meaningless. In an instant, Jennifer's excitement and anticipation of her pregnancy was replaced with anger, disappointment and fear," the court papers say.

Intili said the sperm bank quickly cut off contact with Cramblett and sent her only an apology and a refund check for six vials.

The suit does not specify the damages sought, but the lawyer said Cramblett needs enough money to leave Uniontown and relocate to a diverse area with good schools.

"They've made the one mistake a sperm bank can't make," he said, claiming Midwest uses pen and paper to record phone orders. "It's not like she was ordering pizza."

First published October 1st 2014, 11:47 am

Black Donor's Sperm Mistakenly Sent to White Parents: Lawsuit - NBC News
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Credits
    they fear the cops, racisim? lol.. this should happen more often
    bktrini305 likes this.

Credits
    The Mother should have stayed in the town to confronts these racists and bring up
    her Child in pride not running away to a more diverse neighbourhood!! Its like she's saying
    that the people are right to discriminate.

Defend your ground that's what I say...

Credits
    and scar the poor child by exposing her emotional harm?

Quote Originally Posted by Carib2 View Post
    The Mother should have stayed in the town to confronts these racists and bring up
    her Child in pride not running away to a more diverse neighbourhood!! Its like she's saying

Chen ki jap pa mde!

Credits

yes sacrifice hte child to make a point..

just like dem deaf people dat say dey doh want their children to have hearing aids.

Credits
    there's no such thing as Black tho
    LIONESS onda RISE likes this.
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Credits
    I just think that the mother should have pride in her child and fight these racists..

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    there's no such thing as Black tho
    Very clever...

Credits
    I just think that the mother should have pride in her child and fight these racists..

Very clever...
    nothing clever in her comments...just truth!

as for the mother, she didnt sign up for, nor paid for a black child
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

Credits

hmm
    This can't be the end.
    I'll see you again.
    Carnival Prayer

Credits
    she trying to move to Tribeca

Credits
    is it me or does the child look like the "parent" on right - the one that looks like the male of the couple....

Credits
    From what it sounds like to me the women are a little bit racist/prejudice themselves. Read about this story a few days ago and watched an interview with one of them and their lawyer. From what I read the woman said she never really had much dealings with black people and from what it sounded like she did not really want much dealings with them since she grew up in an all white neighbourhood. Plus look sharp at her words about bounding with the child. Cause I think she said she found out 5 months into the pregnancy about the whole thing and at that time they were so upset since they wanted a child with blond hair and blue eyes to look like the wife in the relationship. I feel sorry for the child.
    Collie4Nyah likes this.

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Wadadlineko View Post
    From what it sounds like to me the women are a little bit racist/prejudice themselves. Read about this story a few days ago and watched an interview with one of them and their lawyer. From what I read the woman said she never really had much dealings with black people and from what it sounded like she did not really want much dealings with them since she grew up in an all white neighbourhood. Plus look sharp at her words about bounding with the child. Cause I think she said she found out 5 months into the pregnancy about the whole thing and at that time they were so upset since they wanted a child with blond hair and blue eyes to look like the wife in the relationship. I feel sorry for the child.
    I agree. Sue the sperm bank for the mix up because it is a paid service. But their defence isnt the bank's breach in protocol but their fears of raising a black/bi-racial/mixed/yoruba or whatever the hell ppl want to call the child.

if they felt so strongly about it, they could have given her up for a adoption and then do another procedure since they did pay for a 2nd sample to produce more kids later on. But they chose to keep her, so deal with the race aspect. You cant tell me their feelings and POV will not in some way shape or form be felt by this child as she grows up. Or when she is old enough to read about this.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Credits
    So their conservative town was more tolerant of lesbians than "blacks" LOL
    Missmayling and Collie4Nyah like this.
    Say no to drugs.
    Smoke weed.