Thread: Bk Peeps

In My Own Space Trying To Keep The Balance
    Credits

Bk Peeps

i here real homesick and have major thoughts of moving back home in 2k6. but i here looking up apartments and houses and i can't understand how people making it? not everyone has a college degree or a high paying job, so how does the average joe make ends meet. does everyone have a side hustle? 1-bedrooms for $1000 2-bedrooms for $1200-$1300 3-bedrooms for $1500-$1800. that is plenty money to put out each month. how do you do it

luk de reel trubble yah MsEnglishHarbour's Avatar MsEnglishHarbour is offline
    Credits
    i live up here with fam but finding my own place in 2006 ... i've been looking around at places ... i've done deep searching and being up here already my have an advantage over you but i seek out real estate agents ... it's amazing how many ppl you can meet daily that are agents, in all neighborhoods from middle class to section 8s ... with that in mind you can negotiate rent ....
    in addition, as far as surviving... maybe it's just me but myself and most of the west indians i know never keep still ... meaning they may have a 9-5 but they are always about earning extra money if they can ... so a side job, hustle, or lil something something brings in $ $ $ ...
    don't let most of these jobs that require degrees and stuff brings you down ... there are many other things available ... some government jobs, assistant positions, and keep in mind temping can lead to full time positions ... I've seen that one work the most....

keep optimistic and it'll work out ...

In My Own Space Trying To Keep The Balance
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MsEnglishHarbour
    i live up here with fam but finding my own place in 2006 ... i've been looking around at places ... i've done deep searching and being up here already my have an advantage over you but i seek out real estate agents ... it's amazing how many ppl you can meet daily that are agents, in all neighborhoods from middle class to section 8s ... with that in mind you can negotiate rent ....
    in addition, as far as surviving... maybe it's just me but myself and most of the west indians i know never keep still ... meaning they may have a 9-5 but they are always about earning extra money if they can ... so a side job, hustle, or lil something something brings in $ $ $ ...
    don't let most of these jobs that require degrees and stuff brings you down ... there are many other things available ... some government jobs, assistant positions, and keep in mind temping can lead to full time positions ... I've seen that one work the most....

keep optimistic and it'll work out ...

before i left, i was paying $1500 for a 3 bedroom, but i get spoiled down here. its $850 i paying for a 3bed 2bath. if it wasn't for me want to be with my family and have westindian people around me, my rass would stay right here. i still have nuff links and connects in bk, so i ain't to worried about finding work. but thanks for the advice. it is true that you meet alot of real estate agents bout the place. if you hear anything on a 4-6 family house , keep me in mind

luk de reel trubble yah MsEnglishHarbour's Avatar MsEnglishHarbour is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by spicexperience
    before i left, i was paying $1500 for a 3 bedroom, but i get spoiled down here. its $850 i paying for a 3bed 2bath. if it wasn't for me want to be with my family and have westindian people around me, my rass would stay right here. i still have nuff links and connects in bk, so i ain't to worried about finding work. but thanks for the advice. it is true that you meet alot of real estate agents bout the place. if you hear anything on a 4-6 family house , keep me in mind
    no problem will do

it could just be my luck, but i go to a lot of after work parties and what not and I just thought about it, most of the men either myself of my friends have met work in real estate... then one day at my hair dresser, this woman they do buiness with walked in and she's real estate as well ... so it just seemed as though they were everywhere ....
    btw forgot to mention, but roommates ... roommates are also how many ppl survive up here