Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Birthday party ideas

Credits

Birthday party ideas

My daughter will be 9 next month and I would like her to have a really nice party this year. The last big one I had for her was three years ago and I think that with all the changes that happened in our lives this year, it will be nice to have a really cool party.

any suggestion?

Credits
    hello...

Credits
    umm she's 9... you can have a "toy" party where everybody can come in a costume of a different toy.. whatever toy they like.. so the boys and girls can have a chance to dress up.. get a cake made in the shape of her favorite toy... have matching party favors.. get a pinnata etc..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    hmm...

never thought of that.

anyone else?

Credits
    47 views and one suggestion...

Credits
    Pick a theme based on what she likes and whether it will be all girls or mixed guests. Does she like Ballet? Ballet parties go over well...tea parties can never go wrong. Does she like animals? If so try calling a local farm or exotic animal place and let them bring animals to you? Or do it at a museum or science center? Just so many possibilities its hard for ppl to come suggest one w/out knowing your daughter.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    ^^^^^ what she said

also check this link with some more ideas http://www.modernmom.com/article/9-y...ay-party-ideas

Credits
    not sure what they have in Canada..but my daughters went to a kiddie spa party and the kids LOVED it..i was amazed at how much they enjoyed it. place was called Rotten2theCore..or something like that

once the children arrived..they were all given slippers and robes along with "champange glasses" sipping said champagne while they received manis and pedis..they moved over to the make over section..where they were made up..then moved over to the "dress" area and were able to choose and were outfitted from a LARGE array of items..then came the music and runway show where they all strutted thier thing down the runway.

to me, it was over the top and totally stiupid..but those girls...went crazy for it, absolutly MADD!!!!. they were all in teh 8 to 12 age range.

edit..or mabye it was SpoiledRotten..cant remember, but it was a hit
    Last edited by LIONESS onda RISE; 07-10-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    mz_JazE likes this.
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

Credits
    my cuz did that for her daughter's 10th bday last year... took a small group of her friends to the spa, had pedicures and manicures done.. they rode in a limo as well.. to a restaurant and had food.. i gues thats whats up.. for my 9th. i had a triple layer cake with different cakes making up each layer, strawberries whipped cream, party in the basement for me and all my homies.. lol..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    hmm... I don't like the spa idea at all. My daughter is on the tomboy side and she wants to take her friends to the zoo. Personally, I don't feel like taking other people's kids in my car for an hour drive to go to a very open setting. Not every kids know how to behave in public.

Credits
    ...spa and limo 8-12? ...Poca, isn't she into something ...ask her what kina party she wants...i would never take a group of kids to be resp for, just a couple, and it would be family.. parents are big about dropping they kids off and picking up...no sir, not at that age

Credits
    for my cousin's daughters party.. the mothers were ALL there if i recall lol..

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    Maybe it's my fault for raising her to not value a lot of material things but even when I asked her what she wants as a gift she said an aquarium. I mean kids usually want all kind of stuff but she has been asking for this aquarium for over two years now. So I will buy it this year. As far as what she likes, I know that is into a rock star phase so I am thinking about something that has to do with drums, guitars and other rock star instruments. She takes drum lessons every summer and I am also thinking about buying her a drum set for her bday, so she can continue taking the lessons when she gets home.

Credits
    man, i've been to so many, where they just drop them off, i went to one and a 5 or six year old got into some dirty water out back and was friggen drenched...of course IIIII had to notice so IIIII had to clean her up ...i mean, u don't KNOW errybody who invites ur kid to a party, how they gonna watch them, what they have planned...is not like a fete, at most its a couple hrs... people good yes

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Poca! View Post
    Maybe it's my fault for raising her to not value a lot of material things but even when I asked her what she wants as a gift she said an aquarium. I mean kids usually want all kind of stuff but she has been asking for this aquarium for over two years now. So I will buy it this year. As far as what she likes, I know that is into a rock star phase so I am thinking about something that has to do with drums, guitars and other rock star instruments. She takes drum lessons every summer and I am also thinking about buying her a drum set for her bday, so she can continue taking the lessons when she gets home.
    lol, thats why i said ask her, my daughter is 9, and is into the "rock star" phase too...where do you live? Take her somewhere where she and her friends can make a video...or laser tag is always fun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast