Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Up To Haiti

trini1981

Thumbs up Big Up To Haiti

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti (AP) - The poorest nation in the Western Hemisphere yesterday offered help to the wealthiest to help it cope with the devastation of Hurricane Katrina.
    Haitian Finance Minister Henri Bazin handed an oversized ceremonial check to the top US diplomat in the impoverished Caribbean country.
    "It is an historic occasion," Bazin said. "After all this is the first time ever that we have sent money to the United States."
    The vast majority of Haitians live on less than $1 (euro0.84) a day because their economy is in ruins.
    The grant was for US$36,000 (euro30,200), of which US$11,000 (euro9,200) came from private sector donations.
    The United States has provided substantial aid to Haiti over the years, including US$20 million (euro16.8 million) in 2004 to help cope with the damage from Hurricane Jeanne.

Toppa_Toppa
    Watch how America go blank dem eh.

Credits
    Wow! dais history, yes.

Credits
    it's my opinion.......but i think that was a very dumb idea...
    soundcloud.com/selektacastro

Credits
    Although we would consider it a small sum to Haiti it is a great sum of money and they should be praised for their generosity

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Soca Shane
    Y do u feel so?? If u don't mind me asking...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Carine
    Y do u feel so?? If u don't mind me asking...

I meant to ask that as well

Credits
    Y do u feel so?? If u don't mind me asking

I just believe that you have to fix your backyard...before you go fixing someone else's. I'm not saying that they should never try to assist countries in need of help, and i know america has really helped them out in the past, but i think it's more of a political donation and not a charitable one. America has enough money floating around, that money could've done something for the haitian people. I'm sorry for the people in New Orleans but they ain't living on less than $1 a day. When it's all over their lives will be back to normal and the majority of haitians will still be living on less than $1 a day.

Just My Opnion

Credits
    glad I am not the only one that feels that way...

Credits
    I just believe that you have to fix your backyard...before you go fixing someone else's. I'm not saying that they should never try to assist countries in need of help, and i know america has really helped them out in the past, but i think it's more of a political donation and not a charitable one. America has enough money floating around, that money could've done something for the haitian people. I'm sorry for the people in New Orleans but they ain't living on less than $1 a day. When it's all over their lives will be back to normal and the majority of haitians will still be living on less than $1 a day.

Just My Opnion

and where is all the money the american people raised going. that is the question....

I agree fix your own backyard before you start writing checks

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinibaje
    glad I am not the only one that feels that way...
    I agree with both of you
    Haiti got to much problems to worry about the US

Credits
    Maybe donating money to Katrina was a good idea.....Now US owes them a favor. Trust me thats how it works guys
    “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–which is:
    Try to please everybody” Herbert Bayard Swope

Credits
    Maybe donating money to Katrina was a good idea.....Now US owes them a favor. Trust me thats how it works guys

if only it was so simple.....and trust me...no matter what haiti does ..U.S will never think they owe Haiti anything....haiti has no oil.and no benefit to the U.S..so they mean nothing to the U.S (sorry haitians), maybe just a vote in the U.N......but as we have seen...America gets it's way whether they have the vote or not...so that was just an absolute waste of money....America has enough money...if they really wanted to get money...i'm sure they know how to get it..

St. Lucia not even as poor as Haiti..but if Kenny thinks he's gonna donate anything to america he better think again..

Trinidad didn't donate...jamiaca didn't donate...barbados didn't donate...so ummm Haiti...save your money please

Credits
    if only it was so simple.....and trust me...no matter what haiti does ..U.S will never think they owe Haiti anything....haiti has no oil.and no benefit to the U.S..so they mean nothing to the U.S (sorry haitians), maybe just a vote in the U.N......but as we have seen...America gets it's way whether they have the vote or not...so that was just an absolute waste of money....America has enough money...if they really wanted to get money...i'm sure they know how to get it..

St. Lucia not even as poor as Haiti..but if Kenny thinks he's gonna donate anything to america he better think again..

Trinidad didn't donate...jamiaca didn't donate...barbados didn't donate...so ummm Haiti...save your money please

Trindad did donate 2 million TT

I think Barbados donated a small about too.. but to sure of that one

Credits

Nah trust me America does help other countries to. Besides Haiti played a great deal in the Development of NEw orleans culture , so why not help it.
    “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–which is:
    Try to please everybody” Herbert Bayard Swope

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast