Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Shot Squad's Cute Face Added To A/V Room

Credits

Big Shot Squad's Cute Face Added To A/V Room

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-02 AT 04:53 PM (EST)]Now y'all can compare it to Rupie's Tune...

[link:www.islandmix.com/avroom/audio.cfm|Check It Out Here]

Plz post comments.

Big Up To Pepe & Envy (Big Shot Squad) I can't think of one song they did that wasn't good.

Kojac
    [link:double-platinum.com|Double Platinum Soundz]

http://www.double-platinum.com/images/DP%20Icons/DPAd.gif

DP Baby!!!
    "Bringing People Together Through Music"

"When I Die, If Heaven Don't Want Me, Send Me To St. Lucia"

Credits

RE: Big Shot Squad's Cute Face Added To A/V Room

you CAN or CAN'T think of one that wasn't good???:P

Credits

My Bad...

Kojac
    [link:double-platinum.com|Double Platinum Soundz]

http://www.double-platinum.com/images/DP%20Icons/DPAd.gif

DP Baby!!!
    "Bringing People Together Through Music"

"When I Die, If Heaven Don't Want Me, Send Me To St. Lucia"

Credits

isn't it supposed to be similar to rupee's "frenemy", not "tempted to touch"??

Credits

thanks for the song, i wanted to hear it. the "cuteface" chorus sounds like "your face" in rupee's chorus...but the rest of the song doesn't, the content is not the same either. i find that when i hear a soca song, they remind me of another one in the past or present. one year, traffik sing "down south, down south", then nigel lewis came with "moving" the following year. baha boys sing over anslem whole blasted song! where is the limit? who knows?!

Credits

I think this will be good for the Big Shot Squad , there song will be back up on the charts , if I was there manager , I will be pressing some cd's right now , their song will sell once Rupee's song gets real big air play.

Credits

true, and it would make a nice mix with rupee's song. whey de dj's in de mix? start mixing big shot squads' song with rupees' in fetes! then mix it wit, "alwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyys, remember jah"

Credits

Sister , yuh is a big time DJ , like yuh could give de Duchess some trouble .........

Credits

It actually reminds me of an older soca song when they sing the cute face part..some song that went "j'ouvert"...don't know by whom. Like it though and yeah, frenemy sounds a lil similar....but Rupee's got the voice and the publicity and lyrics. The artists probably deal with all of the legal issues surrounding this stuff (or maybe not). Look at Faluma...directly taken from a Surinamese folk song.

mista man

If You examine the both songs closley, you will fing that the verse sounds very similar also. i think the people should give it to rupie because it is one thing to use a style from another for of music like (hip hop, Reggae,etc) but to pattern you song after another soca song that really wack. you would never hear a rapper sing a song with a similar hook as another rapper and if he did the people would say that he is a biter. and that's what rupie is to me a (BITER) why did'nt he take one of alison hinds song and do that? or machel or KMC or any other topp soca artist? "It's simple if you really think about it" because Big shot's from Brooklyn and they dont respect our artist. like i said i am a big Rupie Fan, but i take soca music in general very seriously and this move he chose was WACK.

we need to support our own. if we let this happen we are killing the artist from Brooklyn,who are already getting a fight from every body else including promoters.

and Big up the the person who also realized that always remember jah is also a cute face know off.

if so much artist are taking these boyz style why cant i see them on any shows?

if any body know whey these guyz are performing please leh me know

1 love mista

Credits

let me ask a question, and don't buff meh!!! why is it that local bk artists do not get the recognition (or local artists anywhere for that matter) they deserve? if they have good songs, what is the problem? is it their performance, their looks, their contacts and who they know in the biz, management, marketing/promotion, money? what is it? i refuse to believe that it is simply because they are local because for me personally, if someone sounding good, dey good, regardless if they local or not. i've heard some sh*tty local artists and i've heard some good ones. the problem to me is that if they are in a big show, the promoter tends to throw them on before people even reach de fete! instead of doing that, put them in between the big artists, not in the beginning or the end. sh*t, put rupee on, then have big shot come on after. people would be like, "wheeeeeeeeeey, dem boys soundin' good!"

the popular soca artists from trinidad, barbados or where ever in the caribbean started from somewhere too, they didn't just turn big. what is it that some local artists are not doing properly so that they aren't remembered? do they go to trinidad and try a ting? remember, this is where the foundation is and dj's/promoters from all over are there. this is where they see who is hot and who is not. the music biz is not easy and some new artists have to realize that they must get used and abused on the way up. i am not saying that it is right, but that is the way it goes.

if they feel rupee tief dey song, go back in de studio and re-vamp it or something, or take a piggy-back ride on his success...i agree with uptown, this can help out big shot squad, press some more cd's! imagine people only hearing now that rupee "tief" dey song, now everyone is familiar with them and will be looking out for their new material in the future. sh*t, when baha boys came out with "who let the dogs out" again, anslem was back in de limelight, he was being introduced as the "real" who let the dogs out man and he was riding on that.

i remember gucci song did okay a few years back. even twiggy, all now i still love her song. local artists can do it man...

Credits

From what i understand ,Rupie never heard bigshot song before and he wrote his song on his own vibes.You have to be very brave to use the same melody of another soca artist song so out front,unless u and that artist made some kind of arrangement,because cuteface is about 2yrs old and seeing what happened if i was Rupie and i really did that, i would be expecting bigshot squad at my door step.

So it can be possible because these mix up do happen,maybe we'll have wait for and interview to really know.

And for local artist,and all artist ,you could have a tune that mashing up the airwaves all other the place,big up to that,but it's another thing when u cannot perform the tune or even sing it live or your not marketing yourself properly and expect to let things happen overnight.Yes the music industry has it's politics but u just have to find a way to beat the system ,not speaking about anyone directly.
    Our local artist is going to get their break, everything takes time,and one the things our local artist, that they don't even try to release another hit to keep their names in the air,one hit then they take a vacation.
    Always remember the music industry makes you and breaks you.

Credits

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Aug-12-02 AT 09:57 AM (EST)]i also understood the same, rupee never even heard big shot squads song.

over the weekend, i catch mehself singing two hot tunes by local nyc artists, "spank it" by mau brothers, and de boatride song by jason benn and pelf (which is popular in toronto). i happen to like those songs. jason & pelf song can play for years until we stop going on boatrides, and de mau brothers song is on a cd i have, soca gold #? (cyah remember, ah feel it's 9) so local artists can do it in truth.

Credits

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Aug-12-02 AT 11:26 AM (EST)]rupee did hear the song before. period. maybe it subconsiously sunk into his memory bank, but i was standing right next to him while they performed it, so everyone who think they know rupee and feel they get "priveledged" information, try yuh best. de song is very simialr, it's obvious, we voiced our opinions, now life moves on.
    by the way, whoever wants to reveal all our imix laundry- don't forget to tell rupee i said what's up! :o

SSS
    Credits

allyuh hear dat chune with bunji,benjai,treason?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast