Thread: BEYONCE n NE-YO

Credits

BEYONCE n NE-YO

Beyonce's dad denies Ne-Yo is a big no-no

BY GEORGE RUSH AND JOANNA RUSH MOLLOY

Wednesday, May 2nd 2007, 4:00 AM

Don't believe those nasty rumors that Beyonce's manager dad is mad at Ne-Yo. Mathew Knowles was supposedly angry at the R&B sensation for including Jennifer Hudson on his new album, "Because of You." Hudson, who won an Oscar for "Dreamgirls" when Beyonce didn't even get nominated, shares a duet with Ne-Yo on the song "Leaving Tonight."

Knowles also was rumored to have gotten upset with Ne-Yo when he made sure Beyonce didn't take too much credit for their No. 1 hit "Irreplaceable."

Ne-Yo, whose real name is Shaffer Smith, told MTV International, "Apparently Beyonce was at a show somewhere and right before the song came on, she said: 'I wrote this for my girls...' The song is a co-write. I wrote all the lyrics. Beyonce helped me with the melodies and the harmonies and the vocal arrangement, and that makes it a co-write."

Afterward, rumors swirled that Knowles was so steamed that he was telling people, "Stargate wrote it." Stargate is the Norwegian production team that helped produce "Irreplaceable."

But yesterday, Knowles told us: "Today is the first day I learned I'm unhappy with Ne-Yo. I never knew he said that. He does deserve to share in the credit."

In fact, Knowles added, a new collaboration by Beyonce and Ne-Yo is on the new version of Beyonce's "B-Day Deluxe Edition."

The album, which had to be revised after legal complications arose with the use of Des'ree's song "Kissing You," is still selling, and Knowles believes, "It's a collector's item."

And don't believe the rumor that Knowles gave the go-ahead to use the song without permission, either, he says.

"That would make me a very powerful man, that I would be able to call Sony and say, 'Go ahead and use it anyway,'" said the impresario. "How come I'm never picked in those articles about the most powerful people in entertainment?"

Because real power, like his, is quiet, behind the scenes and rich?

T-MAKAA
    I didnt know u like dem kind of gossip..

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post
    I didnt know u like dem kind of gossip..

Mannnn, I am VERSATILE.

Ohhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhh