Thread: Beware of Mary Kay con women...

Credits

Beware of Mary Kay con women...

so this jamaican chick stopped me one day as i was on my lunch break. said she's involved in a "makeup show" and if i would like to come. if so, i would receive $50 worth of free makeup. well i wasn't as excited about the free makeup as i was about the show because i really wanted to get some makeup tips and techniques (eye shadows especially).

so i agreed to go to the show one day after work. it was about a 20 min drive to get there. ah finally reach and i saw the girl that invited me. she gave me a form to fill out with my name and info.

then i see a bunch of women sitting down in chairs and a few women standing up talking with mics. i hear...."i quit my job 2 years ago to sell mary kay full time" i put down the form and walked right out, got in my car and went home. the girl kept calling me on my cell phone and i eh answer. finally the next day she called me and i answered the phone. she wanted to know what happened and how come i left without telling her. i said well, now you know how i felt... had you told me it was a mary kay meeting i would never have even wasted my time to come there in the first place.

sharkie
    why din u ask what kind of make up they were using? and you prolly coulda still learn sometings

my mom does mary kay doh see her as a con woman.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkie
    why din u ask what kind of make up they were using? and you prolly coulda still learn sometings

hear deh con kno...

sharkie
    Quote Originally Posted by cease10
    hear deh con kno...
    i'm sorry what?

Credits
    i'm sorry what?
    sound like u go be sellin Mary Kay too soon....if u ain't already doin it

sharkie
    Quote Originally Posted by cease10
    sound like u go be sellin Mary Kay too soon....if u ain't already doin it
    no. i hate make up. hate selling things. will never do it. never want to do it.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougla Ting
    so this jamaican chick stopped me one day as i was on my lunch break. said she's involved in a "makeup show" and if i would like to come. if so, i would receive $50 worth of free makeup. well i wasn't as excited about the free makeup as i was about the show because i really wanted to get some makeup tips and techniques (eye shadows especially).

so i agreed to go to the show one day after work. it was about a 20 min drive to get there. ah finally reach and i saw the girl that invited me. she gave me a form to fill out with my name and info.

then i see a bunch of women sitting down in chairs and a few women standing up talking with mics. i hear...."i quit my job 2 years ago to sell mary kay full time" i put down the form and walked right out, got in my car and went home. the girl kept calling me on my cell phone and i eh answer. finally the next day she called me and i answered the phone. she wanted to know what happened and how come i left without telling her. i said well, now you know how i felt... had you told me it was a mary kay meeting i would never have even wasted my time to come there in the first place.

that alone would have gotten me heated. you thought you was going to a facial consultation or something right?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by CARAMELSISTA
    that alone would have gotten me heated. you thought you was going to a facial consultation or something right?
    she specifically said a "makeup show". to me that means that there will be models and they're showing you different make up. even though they may have shown different types of make up, i know the real purpose of that meeting was to recruit people to sell mary kay.. and i eh no salesperson atal. if she was upfront from the beginning, i would have kindly told her that i was not interested.

Credits

i'm not saying they are ALL con women. but this particular girl used false pretenses to get me to attend a recruitment session.

sharkie
    i'm not saying they are ALL con women. but this particular girl used false pretenses to get me to attend a recruitment session.
    so why din you ask more questions?

Credits
    so why din you ask more questions?
    I did, me and the girl talked for a while. she said that there will be different types of makeup and they show you how to apply it blah blah blah.

sharkie
    I did, me and the girl talked for a while. she said that there will be different types of makeup and they show you how to apply it blah blah blah.
    righto.