Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BET top 25 Dancers off all time

Taj
    Credits

Angry BET top 25 Dancers off all time

Well u know i totally disagree with their placings

and in my opinion they were wrong for leaving off Paula Abdul off the list in the 80s if it wasn't her vid she was doing the choreography for someone else like Janet Jackson

so she had it both ways performer and choreographer

ImO Aaliyah shud have been way higher, higher than that clown Omarion who u can see literally counting steps in his head

I know an old schooler would have been 1st but James Brown sigh

Ciara behind Puffy and big daddy Kane

Why did Chris Brown go higher than Aaliyah, Janet and why he break the top 5?

I have soo many problems with this list it en funny

Beyonce higher than JLO lemme stop now

1) James Brown

2) Michael Jackson

3) Nicholas Brothers

4) Chris Brown

5) Janet Jackson

6) Prince

7) MC Hammer

8) Savion Glover

9) Beyonce

10) The Temptations

11) Usher

12) Alvin Ailey

13) Jennifer Lopez

14) Bobby Brown

15) Omarion

16) Shakira

17) Cab Calloway

18) Aaliyah

19) Tina Turner

20) Missy Elliot

21) Gregory Hines

22) Rosie Perez

23) Big Daddy Kane

24) Puffy

25) Ciara
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Brooklyn.Flatbush"11226" –Kings county Borough (home to the largest Islanders,west-Indian, Caribbean community living aboard from home)state of statue of liberty,movein to Europe OCT '12
    Credits
    prince should be number two
    I would like to Thank all the fake haitians, who came out during the west-indian parade, but who has no roots to Haiti island ,and no haitian accent !!!!!!
    Thanks again see you phony people next year !!!!!!! ,2013.

(Ayisien,we going to build it nice after the earthq"ke,R.i.p)

I'm on canal street buying me a Louie belt with my creole Beyonce',B.Gumbal,Lil Fizz ....dont get it twisted haters canal st in new orleans at saks not ny where them fake louie sells

Credits
    janet, aaliyah and ciara should be higher.. chris brown common.. pfft

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    janet, aaliyah and ciara should be higher.. chris brown common.. pfft
    yeah dat chris brown thing throw me offf.....i hopin dey ent place him so high jus cuz he host de show....
    Living like Peggy, plotting like Joan

Credits
    i had to stop watching it cause i was so pissed at de placings. pure foolishness

Credits
    What de ass Missy Elliot doing in front Gregory Hindes??? BIG KISS MEH ASS STEUPPPS.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post

1) James Brown

2) Michael Jackson

3) Nicholas Brothers

4) Chris Brown

5) Janet Jackson

6) Prince

7) MC Hammer

8) Savion Glover

9) Beyonce

10) The Temptations

11) Usher

12) Alvin Ailey - how can he be on this list and Katherine Dunham NOT be on this list?!?!?!

13) Jennifer Lopez

14) Bobby Brown

15) Omarion

16) Shakira

17) Cab Calloway

18) Aaliyah

19) Tina Turner

20) Missy Elliot

21) Gregory Hines

22) Rosie Perez

23) Big Daddy Kane

24) Puffy

25) Ciara
    This list is pure bullshit. I have VERY BIG problems with a boy like Chris Brown being put BEFORE Janet Jackson, Prince OR Savion Glover.

Taj, you made a very good point in the fact that Paula Abdul didn't even make the list.

Another thing that has to be noted is that a dancer is NOTHING without a choreographer. In this case, this list should be put into perspective. The people who are CURRENTLY in the business and on this list have a plethora of resources and money to MAKE them good (no where NEAR GREAT) dancers. Back in the day, dancers had to choreograph THEMSELVES because the money wasn't there in the arts.

BET is a bunch a fack ups..
    Last edited by kevlocks; 04-09-2007 at 10:49 AM.

Credits
    I didn't watch it, because I knew something in that show would piss me off and who did the voting for this?? Chris Brown number 4 ....get the fack out of here!!!

Kev, you brought a good point too how the hell you put Alvin Ailey and not Katherine Dunham

Taj, you're right about Paula she's was only in the front for her album and that video for Janet, but she was already establish in the industry before that.

If they put Chris Brown they should have put Fatima on that damn list. She a good choreographer, her moves has been on plenty of videos and movies. She did Fakin your way to the top number for Dreamgirls.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    What de ass Missy Elliot doing in front Gregory Hindes??? BIG KISS MEH ASS STEUPPPS.
    Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasilian_Cutie View Post
    I didn't watch it, because I knew something in that show would piss me off and who did the voting for this?? Chris Brown number 4 ....get the fack out of here!!!

Kev, you brought a good point too how the hell you put Alvin Ailey and not Katherine Dunham

Taj, you're right about Paula she's was only in the front for her album and that video for Janet, but she was already establish in the industry before that.

If they put Chris Brown they should have put Fatima on that damn list. She a good choreographer, her moves has been on plenty of videos and movies. She did Fakin your way to the top number for Dreamgirls.
    I think with this list, they were trying to acknowledge SOME of the greats, however, in trying to appease the people who PAY them MONEY so that they can keep there crap in rotation (a la Chris Brown and Beyonce), THAT is the main reasoning behind this list. It's truely sad though considering that there's been so many artists who go unoticed and that's because they don't have the adequate resources of a Chris Brown or Beyonce.

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlocks View Post
    This list is pure bullshit. I have VERY BIG problems with a boy like Chris Brown being put BEFORE Janet Jackson, Prince OR Savion Glover.

Taj, you made a very good point in the fact that Paula Abdul didn't even make the list.

Another thing that has to be noted is that a dancer is NOTHING without a choreographer. In this case, this list should be put into perspective. The people who are CURRENTLY in the business and on this list have a plethora of resources and money to MAKE them good (no where NEAR GREAT) dancers. Back in the day, dancers had to choreograph THEMSELVES because the money wasn't there in the arts.

BET is a bunch a fack ups..
    That is exactly why i was confused....cuz Ciara or Chris or even Usher even Aaliyah wouldn't be as great without a choreographer that matched their dancing style and ability
    eg Paula is good but wouldnt be a good choice to chorograph Aaliyah

but then again the special was for performers not 25 best choreographers...but kids watching these videos need to realize its the choreographers that make the artist look good.

for the crap they had on there they shud have include Rihanna and Sean Paul

yeah they were trying to appease the young and sprinkle some of the old so it look like they acknowledging "history"
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasilian_Cutie View Post

she cohosted the count down with him

well Rosie Perez and Jlo were onthere so maybe they felt like they reached their quota of non-blacks on the countdown

that countdown was a joke
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Smarty Skirt Antigua Me Come Fram's Avatar Antigua Me Come Fram is offline
    Credits
    I was expecting to see Paula Abdul on that list for real and I thought Debbie Allen would have been on it too.

Credits
    Yeah. The list is really rubbish. Especially since it says "of all time".

Beyonce over Aaliyah is understandable though... especially since Beyonce has the greater performance achievements. Aaliyah may have been a more talented popper... but that isn't the only thing in dance is it?

Credits
    Still researching
    http://www.azoola.com

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiyah View Post
    Yeah. The list is really rubbish. Especially since it says "of all time".

Beyonce over Aaliyah is understandable though... especially since Beyonce has the greater performance achievements. Aaliyah may have been a more talented popper... but that isn't the only thing in dance is it?
    ummm u made an error u need to switch that around

Beyonce is the booty popper

Aaliyah could do both...cmon u looked at Try Again and Are you that Somebody
    Bey would look ridiculous trying to do that detailed choreography as i see it only Ciara can currently come close...she even uses Aaliyah's moves now...Look at Aaliyah's more than a Woman vid and then Ciara's vid for get up and then get back to me

edit: u know what i think u just said that to annoy me

well mission accomplished stueps

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast