Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 117

Thread: BET top 25 Dancers off all time

  1. #1
    Taj
    Loyalty to Loyalty Taj's Avatar Taj is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fix up, look sharp!
    Posts
    48,960
    Credits
    42,728,994

    Angry BET top 25 Dancers off all time

    Well u know i totally disagree with their placings

    and in my opinion they were wrong for leaving off Paula Abdul off the list in the 80s if it wasn't her vid she was doing the choreography for someone else like Janet Jackson

    so she had it both ways performer and choreographer

    ImO Aaliyah shud have been way higher, higher than that clown Omarion who u can see literally counting steps in his head

    I know an old schooler would have been 1st but James Brown sigh

    Ciara behind Puffy and big daddy Kane

    Why did Chris Brown go higher than Aaliyah, Janet and why he break the top 5?

    I have soo many problems with this list it en funny

    Beyonce higher than JLO lemme stop now

    1) James Brown

    2) Michael Jackson

    3) Nicholas Brothers

    4) Chris Brown

    5) Janet Jackson

    6) Prince

    7) MC Hammer

    8) Savion Glover

    9) Beyonce

    10) The Temptations

    11) Usher

    12) Alvin Ailey

    13) Jennifer Lopez

    14) Bobby Brown

    15) Omarion

    16) Shakira

    17) Cab Calloway

    18) Aaliyah

    19) Tina Turner

    20) Missy Elliot

    21) Gregory Hines

    22) Rosie Perez

    23) Big Daddy Kane

    24) Puffy

    25) Ciara
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

    You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

  2. #2
    100 % Ayisien-0% yankee haitianprince's Avatar haitianprince is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn.Flatbush"11226" –Kings county Borough (home to the largest Islanders,west-Indian, Caribbean community living aboard from home)state of statue of liberty,movein to Europe OCT '12
    Posts
    4,069
    Credits
    1,034,229
    prince should be number two
    I would like to Thank all the fake haitians, who came out during the west-indian parade, but who has no roots to Haiti island ,and no haitian accent !!!!!!
    Thanks again see you phony people next year !!!!!!! ,2013.


    (Ayisien,we going to build it nice after the earthq"ke,R.i.p)

    I'm on canal street buying me a Louie belt with my creole Beyonce',B.Gumbal,Lil Fizz ....dont get it twisted haters canal st in new orleans at saks not ny where them fake louie sells

  3. #3
    where de crix Oneshot's Avatar Oneshot is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brick City, NJ
    Posts
    24,667
    Credits
    40,139,677
    janet, aaliyah and ciara should be higher.. chris brown common.. pfft

  4. #4
    Self Made Naughtyshawtie's Avatar Naughtyshawtie is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    South
    Posts
    12,410
    Credits
    43,653,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    janet, aaliyah and ciara should be higher.. chris brown common.. pfft
    yeah dat chris brown thing throw me offf.....i hopin dey ent place him so high jus cuz he host de show....
    Living like Peggy, plotting like Joan

  5. #5
    Registered User up2detime's Avatar up2detime is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    3,412
    Credits
    1,521,042
    i had to stop watching it cause i was so pissed at de placings. pure foolishness

  6. #6
    Girl Crush Mrs. Campbell's Avatar Mrs. Campbell is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Here...
    Posts
    28,678
    Credits
    331,752,124
    What de ass Missy Elliot doing in front Gregory Hindes??? BIG KISS MEH ASS STEUPPPS.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.



    Long Live the Queen!

  7. #7
    aka Karl Logan kevlocks's Avatar kevlocks is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Casamance
    Posts
    13,162
    Credits
    1,073,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post

    1) James Brown

    2) Michael Jackson

    3) Nicholas Brothers

    4) Chris Brown

    5) Janet Jackson

    6) Prince

    7) MC Hammer

    8) Savion Glover

    9) Beyonce

    10) The Temptations

    11) Usher

    12) Alvin Ailey - how can he be on this list and Katherine Dunham NOT be on this list?!?!?!

    13) Jennifer Lopez

    14) Bobby Brown

    15) Omarion

    16) Shakira

    17) Cab Calloway

    18) Aaliyah

    19) Tina Turner

    20) Missy Elliot

    21) Gregory Hines

    22) Rosie Perez

    23) Big Daddy Kane

    24) Puffy

    25) Ciara
    This list is pure bullshit. I have VERY BIG problems with a boy like Chris Brown being put BEFORE Janet Jackson, Prince OR Savion Glover.

    Taj, you made a very good point in the fact that Paula Abdul didn't even make the list.

    Another thing that has to be noted is that a dancer is NOTHING without a choreographer. In this case, this list should be put into perspective. The people who are CURRENTLY in the business and on this list have a plethora of resources and money to MAKE them good (no where NEAR GREAT) dancers. Back in the day, dancers had to choreograph THEMSELVES because the money wasn't there in the arts.

    BET is a bunch a fack ups..
    Last edited by kevlocks; 04-09-2007 at 10:49 AM.

  8. #8
    Bahia Grown Brasilian_Cutie's Avatar Brasilian_Cutie is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,633
    Credits
    1,006,158
    I didn't watch it, because I knew something in that show would piss me off and who did the voting for this?? Chris Brown number 4 ....get the fack out of here!!!

    Kev, you brought a good point too how the hell you put Alvin Ailey and not Katherine Dunham

    Taj, you're right about Paula she's was only in the front for her album and that video for Janet, but she was already establish in the industry before that.

    If they put Chris Brown they should have put Fatima on that damn list. She a good choreographer, her moves has been on plenty of videos and movies. She did Fakin your way to the top number for Dreamgirls.

  9. #9
    Don't Watch Me, Watch TV TriniDoll1's Avatar TriniDoll1 is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,589
    Credits
    1,011,744
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    What de ass Missy Elliot doing in front Gregory Hindes??? BIG KISS MEH ASS STEUPPPS.
    Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #10
    aka Karl Logan kevlocks's Avatar kevlocks is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Casamance
    Posts
    13,162
    Credits
    1,073,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasilian_Cutie View Post
    I didn't watch it, because I knew something in that show would piss me off and who did the voting for this?? Chris Brown number 4 ....get the fack out of here!!!

    Kev, you brought a good point too how the hell you put Alvin Ailey and not Katherine Dunham

    Taj, you're right about Paula she's was only in the front for her album and that video for Janet, but she was already establish in the industry before that.

    If they put Chris Brown they should have put Fatima on that damn list. She a good choreographer, her moves has been on plenty of videos and movies. She did Fakin your way to the top number for Dreamgirls.
    I think with this list, they were trying to acknowledge SOME of the greats, however, in trying to appease the people who PAY them MONEY so that they can keep there crap in rotation (a la Chris Brown and Beyonce), THAT is the main reasoning behind this list. It's truely sad though considering that there's been so many artists who go unoticed and that's because they don't have the adequate resources of a Chris Brown or Beyonce.

  11. #11
    Taj
    Loyalty to Loyalty Taj's Avatar Taj is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fix up, look sharp!
    Posts
    48,960
    Credits
    42,728,994
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlocks View Post
    This list is pure bullshit. I have VERY BIG problems with a boy like Chris Brown being put BEFORE Janet Jackson, Prince OR Savion Glover.

    Taj, you made a very good point in the fact that Paula Abdul didn't even make the list.

    Another thing that has to be noted is that a dancer is NOTHING without a choreographer. In this case, this list should be put into perspective. The people who are CURRENTLY in the business and on this list have a plethora of resources and money to MAKE them good (no where NEAR GREAT) dancers. Back in the day, dancers had to choreograph THEMSELVES because the money wasn't there in the arts.

    BET is a bunch a fack ups..
    That is exactly why i was confused....cuz Ciara or Chris or even Usher even Aaliyah wouldn't be as great without a choreographer that matched their dancing style and ability
    eg Paula is good but wouldnt be a good choice to chorograph Aaliyah

    but then again the special was for performers not 25 best choreographers...but kids watching these videos need to realize its the choreographers that make the artist look good.

    for the crap they had on there they shud have include Rihanna and Sean Paul

    yeah they were trying to appease the young and sprinkle some of the old so it look like they acknowledging "history"
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasilian_Cutie View Post
    I didn't watch it, because I knew something in that show would piss me off and who did the voting for this?? Chris Brown number 4 ....get the fack out of here!!!

    Kev, you brought a good point too how the hell you put Alvin Ailey and not Katherine Dunham

    Taj, you're right about Paula she's was only in the front for her album and that video for Janet, but she was already establish in the industry before that.

    If they put Chris Brown they should have put Fatima on that damn list. She a good choreographer, her moves has been on plenty of videos and movies. She did Fakin your way to the top number for Dreamgirls.
    she cohosted the count down with him

    well Rosie Perez and Jlo were onthere so maybe they felt like they reached their quota of non-blacks on the countdown

    that countdown was a joke
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

    You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

  12. #12
    Smarty Skirt Antigua Me Come Fram's Avatar Antigua Me Come Fram is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ya So So
    Posts
    4,082
    Credits
    6,464
    I was expecting to see Paula Abdul on that list for real and I thought Debbie Allen would have been on it too.

  13. #13
    Registered User Fiyah's Avatar Fiyah is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    29,059
    Credits
    35,340
    Yeah. The list is really rubbish. Especially since it says "of all time".

    Beyonce over Aaliyah is understandable though... especially since Beyonce has the greater performance achievements. Aaliyah may have been a more talented popper... but that isn't the only thing in dance is it?

  14. #14
    Registered User Lenny's Avatar Lenny is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    34
    Credits
    1,005,545
    Still researching
    http://www.azoola.com

  15. #15
    Taj
    Loyalty to Loyalty Taj's Avatar Taj is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fix up, look sharp!
    Posts
    48,960
    Credits
    42,728,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiyah View Post
    Yeah. The list is really rubbish. Especially since it says "of all time".

    Beyonce over Aaliyah is understandable though... especially since Beyonce has the greater performance achievements. Aaliyah may have been a more talented popper... but that isn't the only thing in dance is it?
    ummm u made an error u need to switch that around

    Beyonce is the booty popper

    Aaliyah could do both...cmon u looked at Try Again and Are you that Somebody
    Bey would look ridiculous trying to do that detailed choreography as i see it only Ciara can currently come close...she even uses Aaliyah's moves now...Look at Aaliyah's more than a Woman vid and then Ciara's vid for get up and then get back to me

    edit: u know what i think u just said that to annoy me

    well mission accomplished stueps
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

    You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •