Thread: Bet And Cable And Wireless

Credits

Bet And Cable And Wireless

CABLE & WIRELESS (C&W) recently signed off on its most significant investments in regional entertainment to date.

The communications company has entered a one-year partnership with Black Entertainment Television (BET) that will see three of the region's largest festivals in Barbados, Jamaica, and Trinidad being shown to over 95 million viewers in the United States and the Caribbean through BET Jazz.

C&W's senior vice-president, corporate marketing of the Caribbean region, Rachelle Franklin, spoke to the company's commitment to the development of Caribbean culture and its artistes.

"We are committed to sharing Caribbean culture and entertainment not only within the region but across the world. C&W wants to make sure of two things. First, we want to enhance worldwide recognition of Caribbean music and culture and secondly, we want to support new and existing talent, doing our part to ensure that the tremendous musical traditions of the region continue to flourish," Franklin said.

A BET team arrives in Barbados on Saturday to start shooting for a feature on the island, which will include coverage of the Party Monarch Finals, the Pic-O-De-Crop Finals, Grand Kadooment and other events surrounding the festival.

Cybelle Brown, vice-president of sales and marketing of BET Digital Networks and BET Event Productions, explained that the network had been producing Caribbean programmes for several years and this new partnership woud include a focus on music and culture.

"C&W sponsors so many wonderful musical events that we decided to tie these with the celebrities they sponsor and develop a series of shows. We're creating three television shows that are going to air on BET and BET Jazz," Brown told the SUNDAY SUN during a recent interview at the 2005 BET Awards in Los Angeles.

Locally, C&W sponsors krosfyah and, in Jamaica, the company has signed an agreement with Beenie Man.

"We are showcasing the Caribbean via the BET network and its worldwide audience," said Sara Odle, corporate communications manager for C&W Barbados.

"C&W is always seeking new and exciting sponsorship opportunities; Crop-Over allows this. Cultural and entertainment activities have afforded us much flexibility and creativity to reach a wider target audience with our various promotional activities," she added.

The three-part series will be hosted by Maxine Williams of BET, alongside celebrities from each island. Viewers can look out for the Crop-Over event in November, the Red Stripe SumFest from Jamaica in September and Trinidad's Carnival in April next year.

Credits
    Ashame the lineup for Party Monarch isn't better...So I guess yuh crew gine be lookin for the BET cameras huh?

Credits
    Nice, but I have given up on BET for a long time.

dev
    Credits
    TRINIBAJE when de cameras find you just hold on tuh BAXX and wuk up pon he leg.

I want to see that...

RUMMY get on de stage when Contone sings WHO BREK MY BOTTLE? and pour he uh drink.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dev

I want to see that...

RUMMY get on de stage when Contone sings WHO BREK MY BOTTLE? and pour he uh drink.

LOL.....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dev

I want to see that...

Don't tempt me