Thread: BET AND CABLE and WIRELESS

Credits

BET AND CABLE and WIRELESS

BET's Island Roam airs on Sunday at 4 PM

Kingston, Jamaica: -- Earlier this summer, BET and Cable and Wireless announced there partnership “to provide summer festival music coverage”; sharing the music of the Caribbean with a worldwide audience. These summer music festivals include Jamaica’s Red Stripe Reggae Sumfest, Barbados’ Crop Over Festival and Trinidad’s Carnival celebration 2006.

The programs, which will be hosted by Maxine Williams and Caribbean celebrities, will take viewers backstage with exclusive interviews as well as provide insight into the local island’s traditions.

To jump start the viewing of these events, on Sunday, September 25, 2005, BET airs their showcase of Red Stripe Reggae Sumfest. Red Stripe Reggae Sumfest took place at Catherine Hall, Montego Bay, from Sunday, July 17 to Saturday, July 23, 2005. Maxine played host, alongside Dancehall crooner, Wayne Wonder for this event.

The Crop Over Festival, a five-week celebration, in Barbados airs on Sunday, November 6, 2005. Trinidad’s Carnival celebration 2006 airs Sunday, April 16, 2006.

“We are committed to the sharing of Caribbean culture not only across the islands but around the world. We want to do our part to ensure that the tremendous musical tradition of the region continues to flourish”, said Rachelle Franklin, Senior Vice President, Corporate Marketing at Cable and Wireless.

BET and Cable and Wireless are proud of the venture and they look forward to working together in the future.

Credits
    I hope I can remember that come November.

Credits

Lightbulb

Where's meh sis pebbles362436...I need to know when BET showing Trini carnival again...meh memory ent so good

Credits
    Thanks for the info...
    Can I ask who is the news source?